Collapse

North Bay area

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Bay area

I’m moving up that way next month. Looking for guidance on local courses and possibly to join one as a member? Anyone live up that way or frequent the area during the season?
    Any advice or opinions are appreciated
    cheers!!

my brother lives there and I visit fairly regularly There is really only one good course, NB Golf and Country club....it is fun .

Osprey Links in Callander is probably the next best and to give it a GTA comparison, think of Bloomington Downs or Bushwood quality.

all said a great city to live in
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

If you wanna drive east a bit the courses starting with deep river, twin rivers in petawawa, pembroke, arnprior are all pretty good. Twin rivers being my favourite

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
        If you wanna drive east a bit the courses starting with deep river, twin rivers in petawawa, pembroke, arnprior are all pretty good. Twin rivers being my favourite
        Thats 2 + hours away though and the courses aren't worth it IMO....better off going to Sudbury which is 90 mins and has a few quite nice courses

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          my brother lives there and I visit fairly regularly There is really only one good course, NB Golf and Country club....it is fun .

Osprey Links in Callander is probably the next best and to give it a GTA comparison, think of Bloomington Downs or Bushwood quality.

all said a great city to live in
          Weirfan Both look like nice courses and definitely competitively priced in terms of membership. Have you played both?

Comment

Originally posted by xXgunnrXx View Post

Weirfan Both look like nice courses and definitely competitively priced in terms of membership. Have you played both?
            I have and myself prefer North Bay GC.

Comment

NBG&CC by a country mile.

Comment

I live north of there . . . North Bay Golf and Country is the better for sure (like Peter said) . . .
                If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I cannot confirm but I have heard rumours that the membership #s at NBG&CC are getting up there. If you are interested, you may want to reach out sooner than later.

Comment

I am definitely going to reach out to them as I have questions etc..but I wouldn’t be getting a membership without playing it at least once. If I’m not able to join this year, maybe it will have to be next year. Depending how much free time I have when courses open, I wouldn’t mind getting out to Sudbury and even a little more north to get in a few rounds.
                    maybe Temiscaming, haileybury, new liskeard? Obviously wouldn’t be looking for membership there lol

Comment

I am definitely going to reach out to them as I have questions etc..but I wouldn’t be getting a membership without playing it at least once. If I’m not able to join this year, maybe it will have to be next year. Depending how much free time I have when courses open, I wouldn’t mind getting out to Sudbury and even a little more north to get in a few rounds.
                      maybe Temiscaming, haileybury, new liskeard? Obviously wouldn’t be looking for membership there lol
                      I think you will be quite happy with NB GC, it is a tight, tree lined course that is quite fun to play. It's been in great shape the times I played it.

Sudbury has 2-3 very nice courses and close by Lively GC is one of my favourites. You also have several courses in North Muskoka a bit South of you ( Parry Sound, Ridge, Seguin , Deerhurst etc.

So much to do in NB if you like the outdoors and a nice ski hill in town if that is something you enjoy

Comment

Thanks to everyone so far for the input! It’s much appreciated! As excited as I am to start the golf season up there, I’m more ecstatic to leave the gta lol. Who knows... maybe some a different atmosphere will help improve my game

Comment

Thanks to everyone so far for the input! It’s much appreciated! As excited as I am to start the golf season up there, I’m more ecstatic to leave the gta lol. Who knows... maybe some a different atmosphere will help improve my game
                          Congrats.

North Bay is also high on my list of possible 'retirement' locations.

Everyone that I speak/deal with who lives there highly recommends the lifestyle.
                          Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Jan 10, 2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Congrats.

North Bay is also high on my list of possible 'retirement' locations.

Everyone that I speak/deal with her lives there highly recommends the lifestyle.
                            A great city but the winters are very cold and harsh and wear on you, so not for everyone.....

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

A great city but the winters are very cold and harsh and wear on you, so not for everyone.....
                              And downtown isn’t a great place anymore. There has been a big increase in drug problems over the past few years.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X