/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Arrowdale GC - Brantford

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrowdale GC - Brantford

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/...ourt-1.5263056

I live in Kitchener and have been following the story (Surprised when I saw it in this morning's GolfWRX feed LOL).
    6. Sad day for a public course in Ontario

Chris Thomson for CTV…”A challenge over the City of Brantford's plan to sell the Arrowdale Golf Course property has been dismissed in court.”
    • “The city announced on their website Monday night that the Ontario divisional court has dismissed a request for a judicial review filed by a group called "Know Your City Inc." that was made back in August.”
    • “Brantford city officials say they will move forward with the sale of the 32 acres of property, which they assure happened through a fair, transparent, and open process.”
    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Sad to see it go. Ian Andrew and Robert Thompson both like the place, if I'm remembering correctly. I had a friend who tried to get me to go out this year, but the timing never seemed to work. Right about now I wish it did!

Comment

Played for the first (and only?) time last summer. Drew, too bad we couldn't make it work!

I was quite impressed with the rolling topography. I've been following this saga for over a year and it's a shame to see how political it has all become. Muni golf is only as good as the municipality governing it. Definitely not the same local support afforded to Winter Park, DC Munis (National Links Trust) or Cobbs Creek. Let's hope courses like Lions Municipal and Sharp Park don't suffer the same fate.

There are a number of articles about Arrowdale in old issues of Canadian Golfer (1924-1930), even a passing reference to Nicol Thompson doing some work there. I recommend checking out the archives!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X