Collapse

Shame on Lebovic Golf Course

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albatross21 View Post

Yea, the wording is pretty awkward. But it sounds like what they're trying to say is, these passes expire in 2021. They have a 2020 expiration date, but they're considered expired in 2021.

I really don't know much about the charity stuff. I've never been to a charity tournament at Lebovic and didn't even know about this charity stuff until I read some of the replies on this thread. Temple Har Zion sold me passes directly and told me it was through their partnership with Lebovic. That's all I ever knew about this. When I called Lebovic to book a tee time once in 2019, the person I spoke with told me only way to book there was to get my hands on some passes. When I heard that Temple Har Zion was selling them I thought, great, now I can actually play there. So I went and bought some.

I bought the passes in late 2019

I've spoken with the synagogue and they told me the passes were issued by Lebovic and need to be honoured by them. They also said they're non-refundable and won't be able to do anything for me.
    I understand the frustration with the golf course but does the temple not deserve some as well? They sold you the passes left over from their event (passes they did not pay a cent for) and now the golf course is saying they are no good. Lebovic had nothing to do with the sale and while the optics are not good at all for them I think the onus here has to be on the seller (the temple) who have simply passed the buck.

Comment

I understand the frustration with the golf course but does the temple not deserve some as well? They sold you the passes left over from their event (passes they did not pay a cent for) and now the golf course is saying they are no good. Lebovic had nothing to do with the sale and while the optics are not good at all for them I think the onus here has to be on the seller (the temple) who have simply passed the buck.
      Absolutely. I had no idea they were selling me leftovers they got for free. But honestly, all the course has to do is extend the passes another season. That's something they can easily do since they chose to close the course last season. Right now, it seems there's very little the temple can realistically do. It's not like they're going to buy the passes back from me. Lebovic can simply extend the passes to work until the end of 2021 and the problem is solved. But they've chosen not to do that and that's why I'm taking issue with them.

Comment

How can you blame the course? The temple is at fault for this mess..... they sold you free tickets they weren't out any money for them yet can't give you the money back? I smell funny business.

Comment

How can you blame the course? The temple is at fault for this mess.....
          It's simple. The course issued vouchers that expired end of 2020. They didn't open the course in 2020. Literally, every other business/organization I've had any interactions with during 2020 that had to close or defer operations, made exceptions and extended any vouchers, passes, membership fees, etc. These were passes that could not be used at the golf course in 2020. It doesn't matter how I acquired them. I was not able to use them because Lebovic decided -- on their own accord -- to close for the season. I don't even care why they closed, that's not my business. But they did close and rendered the vouchers that THEY issued useless for 2020. It doesn't matter if the vouchers were free, if they were paid for, or how I got them. They are official numbered and Lebovic branded passes that were to be honoured at the course in 2020. Since the course was closed, all passes (even if they were free) should be extended to when the course re-opens.

I'm also not saying Lebovic has any legal obligation to honour them. I'm saying it would be the right thing to do. That's all. The very least they could do is extend the expiration until the end of 2021 so the passes can be used.

Comment

It's simple. The course issued vouchers that expired end of 2020. They didn't open the course in 2020. Literally, every other business/organization I've had any interactions with during 2020 that had to close or defer operations, made exceptions and extended any vouchers, passes, membership fees, etc. These were passes that could not be used at the golf course in 2020. It doesn't matter how I acquired them. I was not able to use them because Lebovic decided -- on their own accord -- to close for the season. I don't even care why they closed, that's not my business. But they did close and rendered the vouchers that THEY issued useless for 2020. It doesn't matter if the vouchers were free, if they were paid for, or how I got them. They are official numbered and Lebovic branded passes that were to be honoured at the course in 2020. Since the course was closed, all passes (even if they were free) should be extended to when the course re-opens.

I'm also not saying Lebovic has any legal obligation to honour them. I'm saying it would be the right thing to do. That's all. The very least they could do is extend the expiration until the end of 2021 so the passes can be used.
            So how much exactly are you out of pocket?

If you feel so strongly that you’ve been ripped off by LabovicGC and Temple Har Zion then you probably should take them to small claims court but I imagine you’re not going to.

Maybe what we can do is set up a GoFundMe page so that we can get you your money back.
            Last edited by WhiteWalker; Feb 14, 2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

"DUE TO COVID

2020 PASSES THAT EXPIRE IN 2021 WILL NOT BE HONOURED

NEW PASSES WILL BE GIVEN TO THE CHARITIES IN 2021"

Are Lebovic really saying passes that were issued in 2020 to the charity tourneys that were supposed to play in 2020 are cancelled (as the charities refunded the entry fees to those that already paid, so thoses passes should be voided). Its not clear what happens to passes that were issued prior. When I read that exact sentence on Lebovic website, my impression is they are referring to passes that are "issued" in 2020 in particular during covid.

Not sure if the OP reached out to Lebovic to clarify the situation since his passes were bought and issued in 2019s ?

Comment

I too have a set of passes that I bought off a member here in 2019 that have an expiry date of 2020.

I have emailed Lebovic asking if they are still valid.
                Will keep the thread posted if I get a reply.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Lebovic's just being a spiteful d-bag and probably likes any attention he gets. Reminds me of Trump. Just honour the passes that the course printed and gave out/sold and give people time to use them. Guy's a billionaire. Simple. Done. Move on. Next.

Comment

Right now, it seems there's very little the temple can realistically do. It's not like they're going to buy the passes back from me.
                    why not ? IMO this exactly what they should be doing. It's what I and most people on here would do if you bought them from us.

they did not pay anything for the passes so would not be out anything . Meanwhile , you are.
                    not to mention they are throwing the course under the bus after being beneficiaries of 10's of thousands of tournament proceeds due to Lebovic's generosity.

i'm not sure how far you want to take this but once you hear back from Lebovic about the status of the passes and should that be passes are invalid. I would be placing a call to the Temple and speaking to whoever is in charge and ask for a refund making the case they received them free. I would also wonder if the person who sold them wasn't lining their own pockets.
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I think some people on here are missing the point. It doesn't matter what the owner of Lebovic's intentions are and his attempts to avoid taxes. This is a public golf course. Lebovic partnered with Temple Har Zion to sell OFFICIAL numbered and branded Lebovic passes. They expired end of 2020 but COULD NOT be used 2020 because the course was closed. The reason why it was closed is completely irrelevant. Their business model is irrelevant. Doesn't matter if it was for tax evasion purposes or because of a freaking pandemic. It was closed and the passes couldn't be used. The decent thing to do would be to extend those passes to be used once the course re-opens. That's all there is to it. Since I'm basically screwed at this point, I'm just trying to let others know that if passes go on sale for 2021, think twice before buying them. And if you keep a handicap, consider any round at Lebovic non-existent anyway, because the course isn't rated. It's also nearly impossible to get a tee-time there if you want to play early on the weekend because they turned off online booking and don't answer the phone.
                      If the passes were donated by Lebovic and then sold by Temple Har Zion, you don't have a leg to stand on and your beef is with Temple Har Zion. However if Lebovic SOLD the passes to Temple Har Zion, who then in turn sold them off as part of their own promotion, then you have a beef with BOTH. If both parties aren't interested in providing either a refund or extension on the passes, then you have legal recourse.

But from all I know and have heard of this guy, regardless of his philanthropy he marches to the beat of his own drum and just doesn't give a sheet.

Comment

why not ? IMO this exactly what they should be doing. It's what I and most people on here would do if you bought them from us.
                        I agree. Or what would be easier, would just be Lebovic honouring the passes this year because they closed last year. But also, I contacted Har Zion directly and they've made it very clear that they won't be refunding the passes and that it's "out of their hands". Pretty sad.

Comment

Lebovic's just being a spiteful d-bag and probably likes any attention he gets. Reminds me of Trump. Just honour the passes that the course printed and gave out/sold and give people time to use them. Guy's a billionaire. Simple. Done. Move on. Next.
                          It's that simple. None of the other details actually matter. Extend the damn vouchers like every other business and there's no issue.

Comment

It's that simple. None of the other details actually matter. Extend the damn vouchers like every other business and there's no issue.
                            You continue to flog a dead horse.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

If the passes were donated by Lebovic and then sold by Temple Har Zion, you don't have a leg to stand on and your beef is with Temple Har Zion. However if Lebovic SOLD the passes to Temple Har Zion, who then in turn sold them off as part of their own promotion, then you have a beef with BOTH.
                              This is correct. Because the passes were "free" as an incentive to purchase/participate in a function held by the Temple, there is no financial obligation to the golf course. There are two potential legal obligations that may (depending on legal precedent) be pursued by the OP.
                              1) Sue the Temple in civil court. (It may be the Temple's responsibility to sue Lebovic to honour/extend the passes).
                              2) Consult a lawyer/civil judge/paralegal or websites to determine "acts of God" (etc) precedents pursuant to the golf course in extending tee time timeline.

IMO It would more reasonable to sue the Temple.
                              Last edited by just123123; Feb 14, 2021, 11:46 AM.
                              What's In The Bag:
                              Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9*
                              3 Wood: Callaway Paradym 15*
                              Utility(s): Ping G410 18*
                              Irons: PXG 0311 Gen6 Dark 4-GW
                              Wedge: PXG 0311 Forged 58*
                              Putter: Scotty Detour Custom

WITB FLA:
                              Same as Above

Comment

Originally posted by just123123 View Post

This is correct. Because the passes were "free" as an incentive to purchase/participate in a function held by the Temple, there is no financial obligation to the golf course. There are two potential legal obligations that may (depending on legal precedent) be pursued by the OP.
                                1) Sue the Temple in civil court. (It may be the Temple's responsibility to sue Lebovic to honour/extend the passes).
                                2) Consult a lawyer/civil judge/paralegal or websites to determine "acts of God" (etc) legal clause precedents against the golf course to extend tee time timeline.

IMO It would more reasonable to sue the Temple.
                                It’s very telling that the OP has not posted what he paid for the pass. Likely not very much so if this is now a matter of principle, then he should take your advice.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X