No announcement yet.
Collapse

Shame on Lebovic Golf Course

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a bunch of posts just disappear or is there another Lebovic thread going. Gap between Feb 14th and March 31st.

Comment

Hi Guys. I’m new to this but I’ve been reading a lot of your posts. So I’ve bought a bunch of passes off a friend who bought them off someone who belongs to the synagogue. So from my understanding Lebovic doesn’t sell passes they give them to the charities for them to make money for there synagogues. They work very close with Temple Har Zio. So In my mind the people who should refund your money would be the synagogue but again they don’t want to take any responsibility and just pass the buck to Lebovic but in saying this the owner of the course knew this that the synagogue would sell them to raise money. Now if the owner is going to close the course knowing that the passes he has given out would be sold and that the synagogue would look bad, he should be a true owner and honour the passes for the following year. I was reading from one guy that he said Lebovic who raised a lot of money for hospital and for some communities… who cares a lot of business men have done the same. I’ve contacted and spoke with some people from Lebovic golf course In regards to the golf passes. I said I’m just calling regarding passes I have and right away they were so rude saying we don’t care what you have and who you are but the passes will be declined and hung up on me. Called back the following week and spoke with someone else and they responded by saying we don’t care about single golfers we deal with charity companies. Wow talk about being rude. I ended up getting a hold of a charity company who had there tournament there in 2019 who got free passes to give out to there players to use in 2020. They contacted the course and were told they couldn’t do anything and they shouldn’t complain because they were free. They replied by saying but we look bad as a charity we told our players what we were giving out before they paid. Now the great thing I heard from this charity and a honourable thing to do was they were offering $50 back to every player which everyone said keep it in the charity not like Lebovic who doesn’t care.
      So wrapping this all up the true thing to do as as an owner is to honour the passes since the owner is the one who closed the course. The passes he has given out to synagogue for free knowing that they would sell them to raise money and to all the charities he “Lebovic “ should honour the passes.

Comment

Prepare for the same story this year as the course will be open for quite a lot of tournaments this year and again likely giving out passes. Buyer beware - don't buy any.
        In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
        Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
        Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
        Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
        Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
        Cobra S3 5w
        TaylorMade R11 3w
        TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Armour V31 View Post
          Prepare for the same story this year as the course will be open for quite a lot of tournaments this year and again likely giving out passes. Buyer beware - don't buy any.
          Not defending Lebovic but this is really just a problem from last year. As long as the course is open in the future there should be no issues using them. I have used many as have people I know.

AFAIK, there were two other times when Lebovic passes were cancelled.
          1. the original white 4-some passes from year 1 tournaments had no expiry date and were being copied so they stopped use of those but not for 3 years after their issue. I had had a couple of those from playing in tournaments that I got to use and another I bought through a TGNer that i never got a chance to use.

2. there were a couple small batches of passes that were either stolen and distributed or distributed and there was some problem with the charity so were invalidated.

Three things could make this better.
          - the charities that sold the passes in the aftermarket should refund people's money ( in the future get a receipt )
          - Lebovic could chose to extend the pass expiry date to the end of another year. They give out roughly 40,000 passes a year so that might be a problem for them though.

- the best thing would be for Lebovic to make the passes going forward non transferrable and choke off the secondary market.

Finally, Lebovic doesn't want public players so it is no surprise they aren't interested in honouring them.
          Last edited by Weirfan; May 2, 2021, 09:54 AM.
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

FYI Joe Lebovic died yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionworld View Post
              FYI Joe Lebovic died yesterday.
              May he rest in peace
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

So I know its been discussed at length here, but some details are missing.\
                The passes given out at tournys and the ones bought from legit temples were not "free" or given "free" to the charities.
                The course gets tax receipts for them. One of the reasons there is a posted rate of $300, is that is the rate the course gets back in tax receipts for each round given for "free"
                Don't believe me, look at the site and look under testimonials. They have it right there in the thank you letters of how much he "donated" to each charity. Ranging from 50,000 to over 1,600,000. Hmm not many golf tournys I know make that kind of cash unless there is something else going on.
                Now I am no lawyer, but with them getting their tax receipts and then not honouring the passes, doesnt pass the smell test.
                There was some greek churches that got themselves in trouble few years back for similar stuff.
                I do have skin in the game. I went to couple of the tournys , plus I bought extra tickets from the temple after. These were not "left over" tickets. These were tickets the course printed up and was supposed to give out to the 2019 tournys. Well some on here know that the course had 25 tournys cancel due to the kitchen not being certified Kosher and that was a requirement of all of these.
                What did the course do to the charities and synagogues that cancelled,,,,sued them. Why, because he was losing out on millions of tax right offs that year.
                And as a side note, I paid $65 per extra pass, picked up 20, played 8 and have 12 collecting dust. Now I live 5 mins from the course, so quick place to play for 65 and that is why I picked up extra. Drove by today, they have let the course go down, all tees are brown, fairways not looking great either. I know they lost their head greenskeeper, so I dont know,,,Karma?

Comment

As I posted in another thread, it appears 2019 passes are being honored in a limited fashion on specific days assigned to individual charities. Take a look at the 2021 calendar on the course website and get in touch with your particular charity.

Comment

not a good situation there at all. No one in the industry wants to work there, I believe there is an outside company looking after maintenance. Not so certain that golf is a priority

Comment

There is a class action being filed by a lawyer. He has named a few of us that had purchased the passes at the end of 2019. A demand letter was sent on May 11, 2021 and the lawyer is awaiting a response.

What happened here is a disgrace. We bought something and received nothing. That is fraudulent no matter how you cut it. You can't offer golf/dinner package, close the facility and then claim that the passes expired.

If anyone wants more info on the lawyer and class action, feel free to email me.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                        There is a class action being filed by a lawyer. He has named a few of us that had purchased the passes at the end of 2019. A demand letter was sent on May 11, 2021 and the lawyer is awaiting a response.

What happened here is a disgrace. We bought something and received nothing. That is fraudulent no matter how you cut it. You can't offer golf/dinner package, close the facility and then claim that the passes expired.

If anyone wants more info on the lawyer and class action, feel free to email me.
                        Good luck storming the castle. I hope it works out for you...
                        in the Vessel Sunday 2.0

Haywood Signature DI 18*
                        Ping G410 5-PW
                        Haywood 56* raw
                        Lajosi DD201 wide body hand spec'd

Comment

I have nothing to lose other than the money already paid for the passes. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Maybe they will open and say : Have at er!,
                            No cut greens or fairways but enjoy yourselves.
                            Hope things work out for everyone.
                            I do find this thread interesting.
                            What if the owner passes away?
                            Isn't he like a 100?
                            Then what options ?

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                              I have nothing to lose other than the money already paid for the passes. We'll see how it goes.
                              I assume this lawyer not working for free?
                              in the Vessel Sunday 2.0

Haywood Signature DI 18*
                              Ping G410 5-PW
                              Haywood 56* raw
                              Lajosi DD201 wide body hand spec'd

Comment

Lawyer is working it contingently. Not sure how that is working but I know that I'm not on the hook for legals. Also, one of the Lebovic's actually did pass away about two weeks ago. I believe it was Joe, who is Wolfe's brother. Wolfe calls the shots there. It just seems ridiculous that they wouldn't honour the golf part. I could understand and live with them revoking the meals. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X