Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Stay at Home Order

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Food for thought.
    Ontario population = ~14.8m people with around (lets call it) 3000 new cases a day now that is .02% of population
    Florida population = ~21.4m people with around (lets call it) 6000 new cases a day now that is .03% of population

    Oh and by the way, Florida has NEVER closed down. Also has an older age per capita that Ontario

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Papaof3 View Post
      Food for thought.
      Ontario population = ~14.8m people with around (lets call it) 3000 new cases a day now that is .02% of population
      Florida population = ~21.4m people with around (lets call it) 6000 new cases a day now that is .03% of population

      Oh and by the way, Florida has NEVER closed down. Also has an older age per capita that Ontario
      Yup.

      Florida has also performed no worse than US states like California that locked down even harder than Ontario.

      And yet the media loves to try to paint DeSantis as some kind of nutcase.

      Public health officials love lockdowns even when they don't work. And they've been given full control of our governments. If it weren't for COVID, no one would even know their names and now they get to be on TV every day while being treated as infallible gods. Despite being wrong over and over and over about the virus and how to combat it.

      That is scarier than the virus.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Papaof3 View Post
        Food for thought.
        Ontario population = ~14.8m people with around (lets call it) 3000 new cases a day now that is .02% of population
        Florida population = ~21.4m people with around (lets call it) 6000 new cases a day now that is .03% of population

        Oh and by the way, Florida has NEVER closed down. Also has an older age per capita that Ontario
        Yeah, but your numbers hide the truth. Florida - 33,779 deaths due to Covid-19 // Ontario - 7,458 deaths due to Covid-19 (and almost 4,000 in long term care which Ford being responsible for at least 50% - mass murderer!) Florida - 2.09 million cases // Ontario - 368K cases.
        As much as I am convinced Ford should be working a drive-thru window at Dairy Queen (which is shut down due to government failure), Desantis should be prosecuted for murder, and kick-backs. It's hard to run a state when you are only concerned with people in red MAGA hats.
        No good deed goes unpunished.
        A birdie is usually followed by

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Papaof3 View Post
          Food for thought.
          Ontario population = ~14.8m people with around (lets call it) 3000 new cases a day now that is .02% of population
          Florida population = ~21.4m people with around (lets call it) 6000 new cases a day now that is .03% of population

          Oh and by the way, Florida has NEVER closed down. Also has an older age per capita that Ontario
          Florida 33,779 deaths
          Ontario 7,458 deaths

          And Florida is way ahead in terms of vaccinations. So tell me again who is winning?
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by trebor View Post
            Florida - 2.09 million cases // Ontario - 368K cases.
            And we don't know what the long term effect will have on all of these people.

            It is like, well got Covid and didn't die so all OK. We really don't know . . . was shown an X-Ray from a person who had covid and was explained how bad it looks . . . will these be long term effects? I rather not have it . . .
            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

              Florida 33,779 deaths
              Ontario 7,458 deaths

              And Florida is way ahead in terms of vaccinations. So tell me again who is winning?
              Florida is because they have embraced freedom and not destroyed their economy.

              We have shut everything down and have no exit plan and Ontarians just bend over and take it. I am a millennial and I find people in my generation are not go getters like older generations were. As long as they can afford their rent, drink beer, post on Instagram and take selfies they are happy.

              CDC also said 78% of those who have died of COVID were overweight or obese. The reality is, it's not ok to be fat and people need to start taking better care of their health. Whether you believe in public health care or private health care, no system can work if people continue to eat whatever they want and eat as much as they want. If we are going to shut out economy down, destroy people's livelihoods and decimate our freedom because our government run system needs to shut everything down just to cope every time we have an infectious disease, then count me out.

              As of April 5th, we have had 34 deaths of people between the ages of 20-39 (age group I am in) in this province since the beginning of the pandemic due to covid. How many suicides and overdoses do you think have occurred in that age group during the same period? In 2020, we had 460 shootings in Toronto alone. We have to start realistically looking at who's dying and not falling for all the hysteria and fear mongering that is out there. It's disgraceful that my generation is being decimated by these lockdowns and yet we are hardly being impacted.

              I am someone who is young, entrepreneurial and has multiple businesses and I can tell you I have two friends who are in similar situations who have already moved to Texas. I am looking at selling my businesses and doing the same. It's not a good thing for a province that is already crushed with debt and is growing exponentially to start losing young people who are making the capital investments and taking the risk necessary to pay for these bloated deficits and all the entitlements the older generations have voted for themselves but expect us to pay for. When people say "how can we leave these deficits to younger generations" I always say you're not, we aren't going to pay we are just going to leave. The Chinese have a word for this as it is occurring in Canada and the direct translation is "sea turtle" because they go back to where they were born to lay their eggs. The Chinese are coming here to get educated but are now going back to China to work and start businesses. This province has gone to Sh*t and it's only going to get worse.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by spas1 View Post

                Where is the Like button!

                Well Said!

                The province should be concentrating their efforts on setting up 24 x 7 vaccination centers throughout the province!
                Such a radical idea is unthinkable for this bureaucratic government.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post

                  Florida is because they have embraced freedom and not destroyed their economy.

                  We have shut everything down and have no exit plan and Ontarians just bend over and take it. I am a millennial and I find people in my generation are not go getters like older generations were. As long as they can afford their rent, drink beer, post on Instagram and take selfies they are happy.

                  CDC also said 78% of those who have died of COVID were overweight or obese. The reality is, it's not ok to be fat and people need to start taking better care of their health. Whether you believe in public health care or private health care, no system can work if people continue to eat whatever they want and eat as much as they want. If we are going to shut out economy down, destroy people's livelihoods and decimate our freedom because our government run system needs to shut everything down just to cope every time we have an infectious disease, then count me out.

                  As of April 5th, we have had 34 deaths of people between the ages of 20-39 (age group I am in) in this province since the beginning of the pandemic due to covid. How many suicides and overdoses do you think have occurred in that age group during the same period? In 2020, we had 460 shootings in Toronto alone. We have to start realistically looking at who's dying and not falling for all the hysteria and fear mongering that is out there. It's disgraceful that my generation is being decimated by these lockdowns and yet we are hardly being impacted.

                  I am someone who is young, entrepreneurial and has multiple businesses and I can tell you I have two friends who are in similar situations who have already moved to Texas. I am looking at selling my businesses and doing the same. It's not a good thing for a province that is already crushed with debt and is growing exponentially to start losing young people who are making the capital investments and taking the risk necessary to pay for these bloated deficits and all the entitlements the older generations have voted for themselves but expect us to pay for. When people say "how can we leave these deficits to younger generations" I always say you're not, we aren't going to pay we are just going to leave. The Chinese have a word for this as it is occurring in Canada and the direct translation is "sea turtle" because they go back to where they were born to lay their eggs. The Chinese are coming here to get educated but are now going back to China to work and start businesses. This province has gone to Sh*t and it's only going to get worse.
                  well, once you are dead you are dead.

                  I am not saying Ontario has handled it well, but I will take being alive over being dead any day.

                  MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by trebor View Post

                    Yeah, but your numbers hide the truth. Florida - 33,779 deaths due to Covid-19 // Ontario - 7,458 deaths due to Covid-19 (and almost 4,000 in long term care which Ford being responsible for at least 50% - mass murderer!) Florida - 2.09 million cases // Ontario - 368K cases.
                    As much as I am convinced Ford should be working a drive-thru window at Dairy Queen (which is shut down due to government failure), Desantis should be prosecuted for murder, and kick-backs. It's hard to run a state when you are only concerned with people in red MAGA hats.
                    Got it. But look at %'s of population and they are not materially different...especially considering the age breakdowns of Ontario and Florida, Florida skews older (more susceptible to death)
                    You don't think Florida has long term care homes?
                    I am not promoting their Governor in any way...I am however saying ours is a fool.

                    Once again...Florida has NEVER closed down...and look at their current numbers vs ours ...as we embark on our 41st lockdown.
                    This is an indictment on leadership and vaccine rollout/acquisition

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Florida is older and probably has higher obesity rates. No full shutdowns.

                      As pointed out, obesity is one of the leading pre-existing conditions, and recent polls suggest the average American has put on significant weight over the past year. I assume it's no different here. This was an opportunity to tell people to get outdoors and exercise, eat better, etc. but instead our public health officials don't even mention it as a correlation. Instead, they endorse locking people in their homes, taping off parks, etc.

                      The gross mishandling of this crisis by our public health officials is astounding, and our elected officials deserve particular blame for giving them carte blanche and being too spineless to retake control. Many American states are waking up to the reality that you have to balance competing interests - lockdowns aren't without serious consequences. These governors understand that recovered cases + vaccines drives herd immunity, and locking down forever isn't a viable solution.

                      And yet we have Ontario public health officials making highly intelligent statements like, "We can't vaccinate our way out of this" LOL

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

                        well, once you are dead you are dead.

                        I am not saying Ontario has handled it well, but I will take being alive over being dead any day.
                        That's the beauty of Freedom my friend. If you are scared of dying due to COVID you can stay at home and that's perfectly fine It's totally disgraceful that we are bearing the brunt of these lockdowns and statistics show we have VERY little chance of dying from it. I will gladly take my chances as I have a better chance of getting shot while walking outside in Toronto than I do dying from COVID.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

                          Florida 33,779 deaths
                          Ontario 7,458 deaths

                          And Florida is way ahead in terms of vaccinations. So tell me again who is winning?
                          Look at the big picture and this is kind of a silly statement IMO.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Papaof3 View Post

                            Look at the big picture and this is kind of a silly statement IMO.
                            Death is silly? ok.
                            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post

                              That's the beauty of Freedom my friend. If you are scared of dying due to COVID you can stay at home and that's perfectly fine It's totally disgraceful that we are bearing the brunt of these lockdowns and statistics show we have VERY little chance of dying from it. I will gladly take my chances as I have a better chance of getting shot while walking outside in Toronto than I do dying from COVID.
                              I am careful (work from home, don't have to go out very often) but lots of people can't unfortunately, they don't have sick days and have to pay their bills and keep their jobs in places where we need them working. Unfortunately we are a society that all need to do our part and look after others.
                              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post

                                Florida is because they have embraced freedom and not destroyed their economy.

                                We have shut everything down and have no exit plan and Ontarians just bend over and take it. I am a millennial and I find people in my generation are not go getters like older generations were. As long as they can afford their rent, drink beer, post on Instagram and take selfies they are happy.

                                CDC also said 78% of those who have died of COVID were overweight or obese. The reality is, it's not ok to be fat and people need to start taking better care of their health. Whether you believe in public health care or private health care, no system can work if people continue to eat whatever they want and eat as much as they want. If we are going to shut out economy down, destroy people's livelihoods and decimate our freedom because our government run system needs to shut everything down just to cope every time we have an infectious disease, then count me out.

                                As of April 5th, we have had 34 deaths of people between the ages of 20-39 (age group I am in) in this province since the beginning of the pandemic due to covid. How many suicides and overdoses do you think have occurred in that age group during the same period? In 2020, we had 460 shootings in Toronto alone. We have to start realistically looking at who's dying and not falling for all the hysteria and fear mongering that is out there. It's disgraceful that my generation is being decimated by these lockdowns and yet we are hardly being impacted.

                                I am someone who is young, entrepreneurial and has multiple businesses and I can tell you I have two friends who are in similar situations who have already moved to Texas. I am looking at selling my businesses and doing the same. It's not a good thing for a province that is already crushed with debt and is growing exponentially to start losing young people who are making the capital investments and taking the risk necessary to pay for these bloated deficits and all the entitlements the older generations have voted for themselves but expect us to pay for. When people say "how can we leave these deficits to younger generations" I always say you're not, we aren't going to pay we are just going to leave. The Chinese have a word for this as it is occurring in Canada and the direct translation is "sea turtle" because they go back to where they were born to lay their eggs. The Chinese are coming here to get educated but are now going back to China to work and start businesses. This province has gone to Sh*t and it's only going to get worse.
                                Enjoy Texas. I have a sister that lives there - she is both ashamed and enraged by how they have handled the pandemic. You'll be able to go to fully filled stadiums, and be governed by Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott - 2 people who, and I know this may be hard to believe for you, make Thug Ford look like a genius.
                                Your concern for "your generation" is laughable. Every generation has a part to play in everything that is going on today. Every generation! Partisan politics, supported by the most dangerous man on the earth - Rupert Murdoch - have made any possible good decision making almost impossible. And, if your concern of 460 shootings is real, then enjoy the fact that the states have had 14 mass shootings since the Atlanta spa incident. I remember playing golf with a couple in Dallas a few years back - both packing sidearms on the course. More than a little disconcerting!
                                No good deed goes unpunished.
                                A birdie is usually followed by

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Latest TGN Reviews


                                Collapse

                                PGA Leaderboard


                                Collapse

                                Today's Birthdays


                                Working...
                                X