Collapse

Stay at Home Order

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay at Home Order

Anybody who works on the courses hear anything at work today regarding what will happen if there is a stay at home order announced tomorrow? Thought I would make a post regarding just this topic for everyones convenience... it’ll probably be a complete disaster of confusion if it does get announced....like everything so far during this pandemic.

There's a new stay at home order going in tomorrow? Wasn't that last week?

Comment

Something else is coming but what I have learned is to not listen to the words that our provincial politicians say. They have made entirely meaningless words and phrases such as "lockdown", "stay at home order", etc... They throw them around as buzzwords to sound tough.

What actually matters is what is in the actual documentation of what is allowed to be open and what is not. You will go crazy trying to connect the legal requirements of businesses and citizens to the words coming out of the mouths of those in front of the camera, it simply makes no sense.

So, instead of waiting for whatever they call it this time, wait to see what the orders actually say that we the great unwashed have to abide by.

I have no clue if golf will be allowed or not but am hopeful it will be allowed to continue as is for now.

Comment

Likely a Stay at home order coming

hard to stay at home and go play golf, 99% chance golf temporarily shuts as well if/when they go this route

of course all depends on how they define it.

there is a shut down now and it is busier everywhere than it has been since the pandemic started
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I know our politicians look like a dog chasing it's tail but, line ups at Ikea and shopping malls? I can't believe how stupid people are.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks. I have pre-paid tee times booked!

Comment

If you look at the last Stay at Home Order, s.16(ii) permitted exercise including use of outdoor recreational amenities permitted to be open under the Stage 1 Order (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r21011)

Recreational Amenities in Stage 1 Order allowed Golf Courses to open. (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200082/v27)
              Last edited by Fletch23; Apr 6, 2021, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch23 View Post
                If you look at the last Stay at Home Order, s.16(ii) permitted exercise included using an outdoor recreational amenity that is permitted to be open under the Stage 1 Order (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r21011)

Recreational Amenities in Stage 1 allowed to open included Golf Courses. (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200082/v27)
                What took place in Jan 21 was not really a full stay at home order, nobody stayed at home and there were zero consequences for those who didn't. Cell phone data showed that movement was higher than when there wasn't a stay at home.

If Ford has any credibility he will forgo another wishy , washy .....we need to do this routine that has failed so far and return to the provisions of the only , true stay at home order we had was the first one in Early Spring of 2020. Close all stores except food and pharmacy and essentials. Only people allowed to go to work are essential workers. Mandate small groups of in household only. Close all stores. Only allow hardware and such to open via curb side pickup and put in place heavy fines for those businesses and individuals who disobey. Stay at home means stay at home, right now it is a free for all everywhere.

You either go full bore or not at all, full stay at home in place and ya needs to be Province wide otherwise people will just move to the closest region and carry on playing golf, shopping or whatever. Do it for 4-6 weeks and get the vaccination rate up.
                Last edited by Weirfan; Apr 6, 2021, 06:10 PM.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

What took place in Jan 21 was not really a full stay at home order, nobody stayed at home and there were zero consequences for those who didn't. Cell phone data showed that movement was higher than when there wasn't a stay at home.

If Ford has any credibility he will forgo another wishy , washy .....we need to do this routine that has failed so far and return to the provisions of the only , true stay at home order we had was the first one in Early Spring of 2020. Close all stores except food and pharmacy and essentials. Only people allowed to go to work are essential workers. Mandate small groups of in household only. Close all stores. Only allow hardware and such to open via curb side pickup and put in place heavy fines for those businesses and individuals who disobey. Stay at home means stay at home, right now it is a free for all everywhere.

You either go full bore or not at all, full stay at home in place and ya needs to be Province wide otherwise people will just move to the closest region and carry on playing golf, shopping or whatever. Do it for 4-6 weeks and get the vaccination rate up.
                  Talking like a guy who didn't pay for a membership this year.... or pays for golf usually in general. Do I agree that people need to grow the **** up and realize that this is real yes. However our government is so **** at rolling these vaccines out.... we have x amount yet we have appointments needed to be filled.... fill it with whomever signs up for them and let people get these shots into their arms.

Comment

Weirfan. Respectfully, I really hope you don't get your wish on this one. A targeted approach is needed that allows safe activities (like golf) to continue...for all of our sanity. I for one am tired of these lazy policies and the lockdown enthusiasts cheering them on.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                      Something else is coming but what I have learned is to not listen to the words that our provincial politicians say. They have made entirely meaningless words and phrases such as "lockdown", "stay at home order", etc... They throw them around as buzzwords to sound tough.

What actually matters is what is in the actual documentation of what is allowed to be open and what is not. You will go crazy trying to connect the legal requirements of businesses and citizens to the words coming out of the mouths of those in front of the camera, it simply makes no sense.

So, instead of waiting for whatever they call it this time, wait to see what the orders actually say that we the great unwashed have to abide by.

I have no clue if golf will be allowed or not but am hopeful it will be allowed to continue as is for now.
                      When was the last one? Was it just last week?

Golf was in then out then in then out. I heard there was a flurry of last minute calls and emails to MP's and ministers and staff from a coaliton of industry organizations and it was back in before the announcement.

Wingin' it we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcitysmitty View Post
                        I know our politicians look like a dog chasing it's tail but, line ups at Ikea and shopping malls? I can't believe how stupid people are.
                        How long do you think people can live w/out Swedish bar stools?

I hardly go to a mall in normal times but weren't there capacity limits in place for malls/stores? Did they just ignore/not enforce them?

Comment

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post
                          There's a new stay at home order going in tomorrow? Wasn't that last week?
                          Last week was a "shutdown", an emergency brake, not to be confused with a "lockdown" and definately not a "stay-at-home" order.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

This was back when cops were writing tickets to people jogging or doing push-ups in the park? Or to people who were trying to teach their kids how to ride a bike in an empty school parking lot? No thanks, not happening.
                            The people getting sick (mostly, best I can tell at least because they don’t tell us) are out there keeping the world moving. Truckers, teachers, warehouse workers, bus drivers, etc. Line each of those people up and shoot them with whatever vaccine is available no matter what age they are or where they live. If there’s left overs then tell their wives, husbands, roommates, parents, etc to come on out and let’s get on with life a little bit.
                            Keep the golf courses, basketball courts, playgrounds, yoga-in-the-park, bike paths, etc open for business so people have some kind of outlet to get them over this last (hopefully) hump.

Comment

When they announced the current restrictions last week, Christine Elliott was at the podium talking about mental health elements and how this time around (in comparison to Spring 2020) they recognize the safety of outdoor activities and their importance to the sanity of the general public.

There could be a knee jerk reaction that closes everything, but I think the Ford government is fearful of the political consequences of locking us in our house yet again.

It’s a tough sell as we see the US returning to all sorts of normal (granted their vaccine rollout is much stronger), but putting us back in an early Spring 2020 lockdown, where playgrounds are covered in police tape and we are only permitted to wander the streets within 5km of our home is going to be tough for a lot of people to accept at this point in the game.

They will likely close schools and all non essential retail. Golf might face their wrath as well, but I think we can continue to cling to the hope that they won’t shutter safe outdoor activities this time around.

Last edited by TheBananaSlice; Apr 6, 2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X