Single Rider Option not available

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
    Get over it and move on with a refund.
    If your health issues are that serious that you need to be close to a hospital you should definitely consider staying home.
    What if it is a really serious situation; are you expecting the course to get you to the hospital as well?.
    I just like to be near a hospital in the event the flare up is real bad but if im not feeling well i would stay home and i dont ever expect a course to get me to a hospital but i would rather not poop in my pants cuz i had a long walk to the bathroom and this is a possibility during a flare up. Having a cart helps that. However my real issue here is my immunity is more compromised than majority of the population but why should i not be entitled to golf like you just becuase i have an ailment that can be dealt with in a reasonnable way. Try living with an intestinal flare up its not fun when a flare happens. The bottom line is i dont want to die or catch covid from sitting for hours with a stranger when that can be avoided. There is a reason i am under 50 and partially vaccinated already becuase if i get Covid i am more likely to die than someone not immunity challenged and what gives you the right to play golf and me just told to stay home. I didnt choose to have these issues. I deal with them and try to ask businesses and places i go try to accomodate me and i am willing to pay for that. I just dont think i should be paying 2x Green Fees... that just seems like its excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

The only place that I have ever seen this was in the southern U.S., and that was only in 'golf course communities' where people would drive their personal carts to and from the course.

I doubt that many people in the GTA would be able to acquire their own cart, transport it to a course and use it there.
      Even if the course demanded some type of fee to do this type of thing there may be other issues, e.g. insurance.
      I have my own cart for walking but in certain temps or in case im feeling not 100% i like the cart option.... would be awesome to have a personal cart but agreed how the heck could i get to different tracks

Comment

Originally posted by mrcltuch31 View Post
        Some of the restriction measures are way over the top. In Korea, 4 people share the cart together with the caddy, with no dividers, throughout the whole pandemic. The only times they suspect the spread happened on a golf course was because they shared meals at the clubhouse. They do usually keep their proper masks on though on a course.
        I agree with you -- but there is so much unknown especially with new Covid Variants. a 16 year old boy died today in Montreal with Covid and these new variants are scary. To keep people apart at the sake of not sharing carts in an effort to stop spread seems like the safe alternative till we have reached Herd Immunity.

Comment

I somehow overlooked post #6 last night.
          The course in question is Angus Glen and some possible explanation(s) of their 2021 no single rider cart policy.

Comment

Originally posted by br1828 View Post
            Relax buddy. I'm just like you, a member there. Perhaps it would be the safest for you just to stay home till things resolve itself. It has to operationally and logically make sense for courses to operate. The course gave you options. You can walk the course, or pay another green fee to ride as a single. If you don't like the terms, go to another course. It is that simple. As I said, I'm a member. I don't like the new policy either but like everyone else, I don't get any special privileges. The only option I have is deciding whether to stay or go which is the same option you have. The course offered you a refund on your membership. They told you they can not alter their policy. What is there more to rant about?
            I might challenge their policy as a Human Rights complaint.

The Ontario Human Rights Code requires that they accommodate those who fall under a protected group. Accommodation has to be individualized to meet the specific needs of the individual. A 'blanket' approach or policy is not acceptable.

As you have a recognized illness then you fall under a protected group.

Your illness requires accommodation for your own personal safety.

Management cannot refuse to accommodate you based on a one size fits all policy.

They must provide you with 'acceptable' and 'reasonable' options. Paying an extra fee or being allowed to walk might be regarded as 'reasonable' but that would require additional information from both parties.

I played at a downmarket course this weekend and they would only allow shared carts with proof of residency at the same address.

This is not to be taken as legal advice but you may wish to contact the OHRC.

Comment

Originally posted by phishcanada View Post

I usually dont play when carts arent allowed if im in a flare up - mostly during heat or if i am not 100% its nice to have a cart to expedite getting to the bathroom-- i think my plan is to play for the time being at courses where i can ride solo and wait till my 2nd vaccine and play at this course later in the summer. I didnt put a ton of money down and its not a huge deal it would just be a nice if they would be a bit accomodating as these variants of COVID are no joke. Plus if the responder who wrote at the top said abou tthat club hosting tournaments doesnt look like that will be happening in Ontario for quite some time
              https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=UlM5TzBlFOY

Comment

If you don’t want to share a cart, stay home. They have to cater enough to these rules they don’t need to deal with a case by case basis. They implement rules for everyone and if that isn’t good enough, move along..

Comment

Originally posted by LongLefty View Post
                  If you don’t want to share a cart, stay home. They have to cater enough to these rules they don’t need to deal with a case by case basis. They implement rules for everyone and if that isn’t good enough, move along..
                  I hope when you share a cart and and if you get covid you'll remember your insenstive idoitic response. You should move along

Comment

For the people in this thread that actually realize some people have phsyical and immune challenges i appreciate it. For those who dont agree i hope you dont get Covid sharing a cart and mask up.

I am also a clublink member and wanted to share their position

Short answer, absolutely. At the majority of our clubs we will continue to offer single rider options – we do have a few clubs where cart inventory is more limited and therefore have the option to pay the single rider surcharge of $10 to ride alone. In either event, you will always have the option. The clubs where the surcharge would apply are Rolling Hills, Hidden Lake and Cherry Downs. All other ClubLink clubs would provide that luxury for no added fee and just request doing so at check-in.

This is how you treat people during the global health crisis of our lifetime. To the insensitive *******s in this thread i hope none of you ever have to suffer from a condition or disease and you should count your lucky blessings. You should however realize not everyone walks in the same shoes as you do.

Thread Closed

Comment

Originally posted by phishcanada View Post

I hope when you share a cart and and if you get covid you'll remember your insenstive idoitic response. You should move along
                      Thanks for your concern, but I walk. So I’ll walk along

Stay. Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

I might challenge their policy as a Human Rights complaint.

The Ontario Human Rights Code requires that they accommodate those who fall under a protected group. Accommodation has to be individualized to meet the specific needs of the individual. A 'blanket' approach or policy is not acceptable.

As you have a recognized illness then you fall under a protected group.

Your illness requires accommodation for your own personal safety.

Management cannot refuse to accommodate you based on a one size fits all policy.

They must provide you with 'acceptable' and 'reasonable' options. Paying an extra fee or being allowed to walk might be regarded as 'reasonable' but that would require additional information from both parties.

I played at a downmarket course this weekend and they would only allow shared carts with proof of residency at the same address.

This is not to be taken as legal advice but you may wish to contact the OHRC.
                        THIS^^
                        Disabled people have protected rights in Canada.

Comment

the myth of "herd Immunity" is just that, a myth. Nobody is ready to handle the harsh consequences that come with trying to achieve it.
                          https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/16/...is-not-a-plan/

If my already precarious health was further compromised by another player 's proximity during the game I would not impose myself. Instead lI would look elsewhere and satisfy myself on the range till the Covid numbers improve.

things change

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                            the myth of "herd Immunity" is just that, a myth. Nobody is ready to handle the harsh consequences that come with trying to achieve it.
                            https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/16/...is-not-a-plan/

If my already precarious health was further compromised by another player 's proximity during the game I would not impose myself. Instead lI would look elsewhere and satisfy myself on the range till the Covid numbers improve.

Bled, my proximity is only compromised while sharing a cart - at no other time am i 10 feet from anyone --

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

The only place that I have ever seen this was in the southern U.S., and that was only in 'golf course communities' where people would drive their personal carts to and from the course.
                              Just to let you know . . . at our course probably 30% to 40% of members own their carts . . . It is park at the course and they use it when they play. It has been like this forever, would be hard to change now. We charge $225 for the year as a trail pass ($100 more for electric) . . .
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

There are a lot of issues with single carts for courses and it’s not just about people paying more money for a single cart.

the first and most major issue is lack of carts, many don’t have anywhere near enough. Providing four carts per foursome makes you run out and then someone who requires one (knee issue etc) and can’t walk has to go home.

second reason is wear and tear on the course. Especially during the spring time when courses are soft and wet, having double the cart traffic out there tears the course apart. Not an issue for courses that have cart paths and can restrict to cart path only but an issue for courses that don’t.

I feel many courses are sympathetic to people with with compromised immmune systems however this pandemic has changed the golf industry in many ways. Single riders is a big one. Many truly just enjoy the luxury of having their own, nothing pandemic related. Sadly it’s monkey see monkey do and people lie. They find out that saying the right line gets them their own. It’s sad but true.

I would have to question the notion that they aren’t giving them out because of tournaments. With max groups of 5 outdoors right now I would be stunned if ANYONE hosted a shotgun right now and needed to keep carts back for that reason.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X