Collapse

Question re: golf lockdown

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 73monte View Post

Your interpretation of the "Stay at home" order is a little off. It means to avoid gathering, visiting, social settings. It doesn't mean we should all have a giant chain and padlock around our homes with a moat filled with alligators. You can walk, run, bike, safely by respecting social distancing.
    If in fact you are respecting social distancing.

Comment

Your interpretation of the "Stay at home" order is a little off. It means to avoid gathering, visiting, social settings. It doesn't mean we should all have a giant chain and padlock around our homes with a moat filled with alligators. You can walk, run, bike, safely by respecting social distancing.
      I think calling it a "Stay at home" order was a mistake. They were just opening themselves up for all of these arguments because clearly they were not expecting people to really stay at home all the time. They should have just given it a colour or something. The same goes for the word "essential" because that requires too much interpretation. Sure, food is essential but is Starbucks essential? It sure gives them an easy answer though about golf because no one wants to sound like an idiot claiming that golf is "essential" so they can easily shut down the golf lobbyists that way.

Comment

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-co...says-1.5423141

Comment

https://www.wellandtribune.ca/ts/pol...eral-says.html

Comment

Originally posted by kgeorge78

YEP.

A good Portion of this site is Wacked. I cannot believe for 1 second anyone with 1/2 a brain would agree golf should be closed.

Agreed!! And it seems like they’re all on the “Stay at Home Order” thread...it’s extremely toxic over there and tough to read!!
            Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I.
            Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I.

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / PX Hzrdus Black 6.0
            TaylorMade P770 (4), Srixon Z785 (5-PW) / N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120
            Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner
            TaylorMade TP Collection Soto (36")

Comment

Originally posted by BallerNate View Post

Agreed!! And it seems like they’re all on the “Stay at Home Order” thread...it’s extremely toxic over there and tough to read!!
              Did you actually post this??????????

Bridgestone J715 10.5
              Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
              Adams Super LS 17d.
              Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
              Scratch 8620 53d.
              Callaway X-forged 58d.
              Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
              Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

As a significant contributor to the vitriol?

Comment

Who in the heck were the people that voted “don’t open, obey the order indefinitely”? hahaha... that’s what this libtard country has come to? a bunch of “groupthink” yes-men?

wow

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post

As a significant contributor to the vitriol?
                    Perfect example of the vitriol I was referring to. Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73monte View Post

I sure did. Kgeorge78 was referring to people on this forum who support the closure of golf courses, and I referred to the fact that a lot of those people are on the “Stay at Home Order” thread and have attacked me for speaking out on the closure of outdoor activities/golf.

Comment

• Originally posted by BallerNate View Post

Perfect example of the vitriol I was referring to. Thanks for proving my point.
                        Imo, you're a significant contributor to that vitriol.
                        I don't have a dog in this fight, merely an observer.

Comment

• Originally posted by rulie View Post

Imo, you're a significant contributor to that vitriol.
                          I don't have a dog in this fight, merely an observer.
                          Never took a single shot at anyone like you took at me and many on this forum have.

Doesn’t seem like those who disagree with maintaining the status quo and blindly following the government are well received on this forum.

Comment

I sure did. Kgeorge78 was referring to people on this forum who support the closure of golf courses, and I referred to the fact that a lot of those people are on the “Stay at Home Order” thread and have attacked me for speaking out on the closure of outdoor activities/golf.
                            Hey Nate, I'm with you brother. You now see this forum for what it truly is and why most ppl don't engage with them as they seem quite empowered in their little corner.. I'd hazard a guess that most wouldn't say a peep IRL.. Typical keyboard warrior stuff.. I hope once this opens they all stick to their word and stay home... more rounds for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlockedRight View Post

Hey Nate, I'm with you brother. You now see this forum for what it truly is and why most ppl don't engage with them as they seem quite empowered in their little corner.. I'd hazard a guess that most wouldn't say a peep IRL.. Typical keyboard warrior stuff.. I hope once this opens they all stick to their word and stay home... more rounds for us.
                              Thanks. Yeah, it’s bizarre. No idea why so many people on a golf forum would be supporting the closing of golf courses, Lol? Definitely don’t feel like this forum represents the real views of most golfers, and when I look at Twitter, FB, IG etc it’s a totally different reality!

As long as I’m not getting attacked though, I have no problem with different people having different views...just weird to have some of these debates with other golfers who you would just assume would be pro-golf...
                              Last edited by BallerNate; May 11, 2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it’s bizarre. No idea why so many people on a golf forum would be supporting the closing of golf courses, Lol? Definitely don’t feel like this forum represents the real views of most golfers, and when I look at Twitter, FB, IG etc it’s a totally different reality!

As long as I’m not getting attacked though, I have no problem with different people having different views...just weird to have some of these debates with other golfers who you would just assume would be pro-golf...
                                They can't accept differing views or opinions and then go on a passive-aggressive attack... Just look at some of their threads.LoL!. This isn't a place for golf enthusiasts, it's an oldmans club where they scream at clouds..

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X