Collapse

Public meeting on Toronto city courses

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public meeting on Toronto city courses

If you don’t think they’re coming for the munis, think again. Whether you play private or public, muni or not, I urge you all to care about this.

there’s a public meeting to discuss the future of Toronto’s muni’s. Easy target as their perceived as only for the rich. But anyone who plays knows that these munis are the lifeblood of the avg golfer. Don’t wait until it’s a fire to pull the alarm.

pls attend.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/public-m...265?keep_tld=1

If I were in the area this is something I would attend.. you should pass this along to everyone in the golf community

Comment

registered, thanks.

Comment

I'll be there. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

I’ll be there. Can’t believe I saw this on Instagram and they’re spending money on ads to promote this garbage.
          It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

Comment

Registered! I got my start at Humber Valley.

Comment

Have passed the link on to a number of other interested and hopefully motivated public golfers.

Comment

Thanks for sharing ...I'm sure the golf is an "elitist rich person sport" crowd, will be out in full force

Comment

While I am not a resident of Toronto currently, I paid taxes there for many years. I still play rounds at the Toronto munies from time to time.

Of the listed categories, I consider myself at the very minimum within this one:

"Anyone interested in the future uses of Toronto Golf Courses"

I have registered for the event and will be following this.

Let's not allow this to slip by without attention.

The virtual public meeting is a zoom meeting, requiring the downloading of the zoom app referenced in the notice referred to by the OP. Meeting date and time is 6:00 PM EST on Monday, June 14th, 2021.

_______
                  NQRfPT

Comment

They are basically toast, in the near future.
                    I've played Tam and Don Valley about 20-25 years ago and I wasn't very impressed. The conditions were terrible.
                    Now, with the current daily rates, these courses are just a waste of money. Golf courses are better run by the private sector.
                    The future of golf in the city will be video golf and really expensive golf.

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post
                      I've played Tam and Don Valley about 20-25 years ago and I wasn't very impressed. The conditions were terrible.
                      Now, with the current daily rates, these courses are just a waste of money. Golf courses are better run by the private sector.
                      In a perfect world, i'd love the public meetings to be about how to enhance the courses. That doesn't necessarily mean big spending, it just means taking a moderns approach to making these courses the best they can be. Referencing tracks like Winterpark FL etc.

But this isn't that. This is about the survival of courses in Toronto. The same people who complain that golf is for the rich are setting out to destroy the very courses that give access and affordability to the community.

Comment

I grew up in TO and got my start at Don Valley, Humber Valley and especially Scarlett. Public transit meant I could play. It's a large city surely golf can be part of the fabric of life there. Closer to home now, Streetsville used to be a decent track. Good luck.

Comment

Painful, like a gut punch, to read this from someone on a golf forum.
                          It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by The McCleery Crow View Post

Painful, like a gut punch, to read this from someone on a golf forum.
                            I agree, reality can be a tough pill to swallow. Would I prefer they stay open? Sure! Is it realistic? NO!

Comment

I gotta say I hadn't played Don Valley in years and never played Humber Valley. However in a desperate to chase sunrise tee times I've played both over the last few weeks and was really impressed. There are land limitations of course but the conditions were certainly acceptable and I thought they provided good value.

As a somewhat experienced golfer I think I tend to forget the need and value of these courses. I wouldn't step foot on tam o'shanter nowadays but having grown up in Scarborough I spent a good deal of time learning the game there and narrowly avoiding errant shots from all directions. I hope they continue to assist golfers into the game we all surely love.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X