Course around Blue Mountain?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course around Blue Mountain?

Hi all,

Looking to get in a round at / around Blue Mountain area. Any suggestions? I'm looking to just book Monterra Golf, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
    Driver: Callaway Razr Fit *8.5 w/ Tour AD DI6s
    3 Wood: Callaway X Hot 3 Deep *13 w/ Diamana 'ahina 75g Stiff
    3 Hybrid: Adam Idea Black Super Hybrid *19
    4-PW: Mizuno MX-200
    GW: Callaway X-Jaw *50
    SW: Callaway X-Jaw *56
    LW: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 *60
    Putter: Bettinardi BB8 332g 35"
    Ball: Bridgestone B-330s

Batteaux Creek is a great option. It's been awhile but I loved the layout when I played.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Batteaux is the best option - solid course, good value. I dont like the other courses around Blue M at all. You can drive a bit farther (and pay a bit more) and play Lora Bay which is really nice.

Comment

Yeah, that is why I asked the forum, the courses close by Blue Mountain doesn't get me too excited. Batteaux doesn't seem that far, only a 20ish minute drive. I'll try and find a tee time for that, thanks all
        Driver: Callaway Razr Fit *8.5 w/ Tour AD DI6s
        3 Wood: Callaway X Hot 3 Deep *13 w/ Diamana 'ahina 75g Stiff
        3 Hybrid: Adam Idea Black Super Hybrid *19
        4-PW: Mizuno MX-200
        GW: Callaway X-Jaw *50
        SW: Callaway X-Jaw *56
        LW: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 *60
        Putter: Bettinardi BB8 332g 35"
        Ball: Bridgestone B-330s

Comment

Batteaux is a nice course, but if the drive is not too far for you, go to Lora Bay, it will be worth it.
          Enjoy life NOW ladies and gentlemen, there is no second time around.

Comment

Lora bay
            Batteaux as said is good and totally walkable

Monterra is not great at all and very overpriced

Osler is great but private if you can get on

Comment

Lora Bay is grossly overrated and over priced but a decent course.

Monterra is a fun, challenging course always in great shape but its a bit overpriced being a resort course.

People I know in the area say Batteaux has gone to shite conditions wise since Golf North took it over. ( no surprise there) They say avoid !

Oslerbrook , Mad River or Georgian Bay Club would be best but you will need a connection as private. Mad River is fantastic !

might be worth considering a jaunt to Cobble Beach
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Cobble is $174 + HST as their regular rate, and at 4pm it goes down to $109.
                They used to have a lower prime-time of $150, and 2 other pricing tiers as the day progressed. But no need for them to offer to much discounts as their tee sheet is busy nonetheless.

I have no gripes with Lora Bay and enjoy the course, and find it plenty entertaining -> their rate is $115. I'm home-based near Wiarton for the summer ( 10 min north of Cobble ) and plan to grab a local pal and head to Lora Bay ( 50 min drive for me ) i nthe a couple weeks vs paying the big $$$ that Cobble is charging these days. I think Lora Bay is a much better value than Cobble, considering the current pricing, and also much closer proximity to Collingwood.
                🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

From my perspective out here...seems like much of golf in and around the GTA is overpriced.

Comment

A quirky hidden gem is Duntroon Highlands. Reasonably priced and some great views.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20661_Duntroon.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	3415218

Comment

Originally posted by Ruska View Post
                      A quirky hidden gem is Duntroon Highlands. Reasonably priced and some great views.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20661_Duntroon.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	3415218
                      Agree with this one. Not an amazing course by any means... but good price, scenery, nice folks run the place too.

Comment

Originally posted by LowStinger View Post

Agree with this one. Not an amazing course by any means... but good price, scenery, nice folks run the place too.
                        Great people at Duntroon too bad more people at other courses don't implement their positive approach and cheerful customer service style.

I'd say all around golf experience Batteuax is the best choice in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                          From my perspective out here...seems like much of golf in and around the GTA is overpriced.
                          Very true, especially this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Very true, especially this year.
                            Pre-Covid...in my usual 100 rds/yr....my avg green fee was about $27/$28 taxes in (only 5% GST) on pretty good courses...2 for 1 coupons and twilight.

I bought a twilight pass last Dec...access to 3 courses.....2 are 100 km rd trip...the other is 230 km....mainly hwy...1pm on weekdays...2pm on weekends...the price has gone up twice.
                            I'll avg about $10 rd.....I don't play as much as I want to cause of the distance.
                            There are members who might be down to $5/rd.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X