Collapse

Sleepy Hollow 2022 Membership

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepy Hollow 2022 Membership

Strongly considering their 'Intermediate' membership, wondering if anyone has been a member there before and can clear something up for me?

Their application (https://www.sleepyhollowgolf.on.ca/g...TION_2022.aspx) says:

*Intermediate Membership, under 40 years of age will include locker, range, GAO Membership and weekends for $2,100 plus HST. Intermediate Plus includes everything including cart for $2,600 plus HST.

But their website says:

A membership designed for those who have not reached their 40th birthday prior to April 1st. Annual dues will include practice range, locker and towel service and members will pay a reduced rate for weekend & holiday pre-paid golf.

Specifically I don't understand what a reduced rate means? Doesn't your membership fee cover green fees? Is this referring to guests?

Has anyone been a member there before and can confirm whether or not there are some additional green fees once you register?

Thanks guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	06C0A53E-5A95-4951-A180-CC6F8A52A7A3.jpeg
Views:	1328
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	3471741
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	06C0A53E-5A95-4951-A180-CC6F8A52A7A3.jpeg
Views:	1328
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	3471741
      Tried many times with no answer. Was hoping someone here has been a member or knew. Clearly I’ve tried phoning.

Comment

Originally posted by purplegatorade View Post

Tried many times with no answer. Was hoping someone here has been a member or knew. Clearly I’ve tried phoning.
        I don’t have any info, but I hope someone chimes in. Apologies for the rude first reply to your first ever post. It happens (a lot) on this board. Too much condescending boomer energy at points…you just have to sift through it to get to the quality posts.

Comment

Originally posted by purplegatorade View Post
          Ignore that poster, he thinks he runs this forum because he's a Marshal on a golf course.
          Probably best to stay away from that course also as he could be on duty that day.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Your membership only covers golf from Monday to Friday. You can prepay for Weekend golf by paying $695 for the season or $40 per round played. Pretty sure that’s it, at least that’s how I read it. Guest Fees are extra and you can buy a guest fee package $575 for 10 rounds IIRC.

Comment

Except as an intermediate you get weekends included. Sorry couldn’t edit my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by TORAIDER View Post
                Except as an intermediate you get weekends included. Sorry couldn’t edit my previous post.
                yep this is what I’m hoping - if weekends are included in the intermediate then I’m definitely getting it

Comment

I’m 99% certain the intermediate includes weekends. Worth a try for the one year to see how it goes. Can’t speak of membership there as they’ve had a lot of turnover and new blood coming in, which could be great for meeting new people. Give it a try for a year. No risk IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Ignore that poster, he thinks he runs this forum because he's a Marshal on a golf course.
                    Probably best to stay away from that course also as he could be on duty that day.
                    LOL

Comment

How is the course overall though? I believe they claim to have the smallest greens in Canada? I will be moving out that way next season, debating between a membership at sleepy hollow, mill run, or just a 30 pack of tickets at ballantrae.

Comment

Course is decent, short if you are a long hitter and the layout isn't ideal at 3/4 as it causes a lot of traffic jams and hitting into other groups because they are quite close. The value of the intermediate membership is hard to beat though, I renewed for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampagneChachi View Post
                          I believe they claim to have the smallest greens in Canada?
                          What a goofy thing to post. I used to work there and this definitely isn’t close to being true.

Comment

I ended up getting the intermediate

never played there before but I’ve heard good things and frankly the deal was too good to pass up, especially since how quickly most places sell Out I didn’t think I could afford to wait

Comment

Only played it once and I wasn’t a fan of the front 9, felt crowded and some congestion. The back 9 was solid though, especially the holes that wind through the residential areas at back of the property. It felt like a course that has a lot of unique shot opportunities, you could play it a number of times and not get bored. Worth the trial year to experience it. The deal is really hard to beat.

It’s way ahead of Mill Run (private vs not private). Different experience than Ballantrae though I’m a big fan of that place myself. If you want to join an actual club and potentially meet members, get regular games, and have a place to practice and belong give sleepy hollow a go.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X