No announcement yet.
Collapse

Favourite new to me Courses of 2021 and planned in 2022

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an amazing year in 2021. Got to play at some of Canada's best courses and met some incredible people along the way too. Favourite highlights of the year:
    St. George's
    Cabot Links, Cliffs and The Nest
    Highland Links
    The Pulpit Club - Pulpit and Paintbrush
    Mad River

Looking forward to what this year has to offer. Not much lined up at the moment but hoping to get to a couple new places in Quebec and possibly out to Alberta and BC. So far the list has planned rounds at
    Montebello (haven't played since I was a kid and hardly remember it)
    Le Maitre
    Le Diable
    Le Geant
    Bay of Quinte
    Port Hope
    Hamilton G&CC

and hopefully repeat rounds at St. George's and Pulpit
    It that a Titleist?

Comment

Tough year to travel, especially overseas. Some of you guys did very well, congrats! For me, best new course, by a mile, was Cataraqui. A good friend was able to join on a one-year deal and kindly invited me down for a weekend. Best "hidden gem" that I revisited after a multi-decade absence was Twenty Valley. Definitely give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
        Tough year to travel, especially overseas. Some of you guys did very well, congrats! For me, best new course, by a mile, was Cataraqui. A good friend was able to join on a one-year deal and kindly invited me down for a weekend. Best "hidden gem" that I revisited after a multi-decade absence was Twenty Valley. Definitely give it a shot.
        Good track that I should try to get back to.

Only played it once, Was on the way to Ottawa for meetings and got on the road earlier than expected. Had the sticks in the car and decided to make a call. Ended up with a great afternoon game, after a pro to pro conversation they hooked me up with the brother in law of a friend of mine, a local judge and the dean of the med school. Good company, great track and Gordie Sinclair was playing with his dog as we walked past his place.

Comment

Would love to see Mississaugua gain some ground in the rankings. Some members I speak to say it’s the best shape it’s been in 20 years. Down in the valley is an oasis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn8989 View Post
            Would love to see Mississaugua gain some ground in the rankings. Some members I speak to say it’s the best shape it’s been in 20 years. Down in the valley is an oasis.
            Conditioning equates for 5% of the total ranking on SCORE and nothing on Top 100 Golf Courses, and being a big city private club, I doubt it already had much room to move. It barely factors in the rankings already.

Comment

Based in the KW area and I don't travel too far too often for courses.

New courses to me in 2021-
              Copetown Woods. Great spot, really interesting greens, great shape and value for your dollar. Tough approaches as well.
              Pike Lake. Very interesting course. Lots of variety and you really only feel tight with the campground on a few holes (I was worried it would be more). Lots of challenge off the tee. Enjoyed it.
              Deer Ridge. I'll count it as new since I hadn't played it in almost 20 years. Lots of rolling hills and difficult lies. Greens were extremely firm and fast. A few very memorable holes and a nice variety of challenges. Highly recommend.

On the list for 2022-
              Whistle Bear- I live so close and have been to the course many times but never played, would like to change that.
              Listowel Golf Club- Had two rounds here rained out this fall, hopeful to get out there this year, have heard great things.
              Mad River- Hear nothing but incredible reviews about this place, will be heading there this year for sure.
              Cobble Beach- The views/course is supposed to be fun but scoring is difficult. Of course, for me scoring is difficult everywhere.
              Mystic- Another spot I've had some rounds cancelled (I think this time it was lockdown related) but hoping to get out for 2022. Only thing holding me back is the mandatory cart rule, is that still a thing?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X