No announcement yet.
Collapse

Wyldewood Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a member before I moved out of the city.
    Drainage is terrible at this course. It closed a lot because it was simply underwater.
    You can lose a lot, a lot of golf balls
    Dont expect a private club experience
    The club manager/owner would rather be doing something else
    The pro was a great guy but he obviously wasnt there all the time
    You can get tee times but they do sell tee times in the afternoons on UnderPar. You could be stuck behind some public players
    If you play afternoons as I did, you might find yourself playing solo a lot. It seems most members play early mornings.
    The club house should be condemed

Hope that helps, I wish I had know about how empty the place was in the afternoons. I played more with the guys from maintenance than I did with members

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by rsfairwaysandgreens View Post
      Drainage is terrible at this course. It closed a lot because it was simply underwater.
      You can get tee times but they do sell tee times in the afternoons on UnderPar. You could be stuck behind some public players
      If you play afternoons as I did, you might find yourself playing solo a lot. It seems most members play early mornings.

Hope that helps, I wish I had know about how empty the place was in the afternoons. I played more with the guys from maintenance than I did with members

Good luck

Click image for larger version  Name:	original.png Views:	0 Size:	468.2 KB ID:	3487562
      Last edited by Mr22putt; Jan 7, 2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfairwaysandgreens View Post

Good luck
        It's only $2400 with no initiation for the OP.....ya get what ya pay for.
        His options are limited as he doesn't want to pay the down stroke at the likes of Burlington G&CC and likely long waits lists at all the premier privates worth joining.

I believe you belonged pre-Covid....I'm sure Wyldewood along with many other courses will continue to be jammed packed for 2022....so he he'll likely rarely play alone and likely subject to a lotto system tee time process to obtain tee times.

How many years were you a member at Wyldewood?

I'm sure the OP appreciates your assessment if indeed his expectation are high before he writes a cheque.

Comment

Yeah appreciate the feedback.

my expectations are realistic. I expecting something along the lines of a more difficult Carlisle. Some public but mostly members and nothing spectacular. I reached out early this week to both the office and pro and haven’t heard back yet. I also reached out to CL and they have waiting lists for everything near me.

I want to play 50ish rounds this year and with green fees hard to get and outrageously priced I’m hoping to join here for a year or two and stay open to any options.

Comment

As long as your expectations are low you'll do fine. If we have a rainy summer you'll be disappointed. I golfed there for a summer and didn't enjoy it.

Comment

You could try Beechwood in Niagara Falls, which would also give you membership at SouthBrook in Binbrook, plus it’s cheaper at Beechwood

Comment

Just my $0.02, my dad was a member there for years and enjoyed the course and the people - the reason he left was the ownership. Course went through a few pros, kitchen staff, etc. in rather quick succession b/c of the owner. Then they went semi-private and the country club feel went away as well.

That being said, it is a good deal at that price and you really can't go wrong! Course is solid for sure

Comment

I've played Wyldewood a couple times and have thoroughly enjoyed both the rounds.
                  I actually did a course vlog of the front 9 if you're interested in seeing more of the course.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Lc1Nh07mo&t

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X