Wyldewood Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyldewood Golf Club

Hey guys,

I searched and didn’t find to much info on Wyldewood. I haven’t played the course and of the few people I know who have I have two good reviews and one negative. I am looking at joining as a member for 2022, the rates are reasonable and more importantly they haven’t sold out yet. if I join before the end of January, they waive the initiation fee, so unfortunately I’ll be joining blind and hoping for the best.

I am sick of not being able to get tee times for the passes couple of years and usually play 40ish rounds a year so it’s about time I join a club.

What seems to be the general consensus? How would it stack up to other courses in the Oakville, Burlington area?

Played it once some 3 yrs ago. Conditioning was OK, a lot of good holes (#3 par 4 is best hole), and fairly easy to walk. Basic clubhouse amenities, Layout is a little better than Trafalgar (played several times). Only drawback is the danger of getting hit by errant balls (on a couple holes, you walk back into incoming when proceeding to next tee). If money is not a factor, I would go to Burlington Country Club instead.

Comment

I would love join BG&CC but the cost is way to high for me. I’m not sure of the 2022 fees but I heard from a member that the initiation will be $50k starting this year. Oakville made a big jump in cost this year too as well as having a wait list. I have looked into Clublink, Heron Point was reasonable but has a wait list now as well and is a solid 45 mins with no traffic so it Won’t be as easy for weekday rounds.

Wyldewood will run $2500 for the under 40 membership and no initiation if you join before the end of January.

Comment

I played it a few times a few years ago. It definitely has some interesting holes. I would say it is definitely worth the 2,500 per year. Not a great clubhouse to entertain clients at, but more of a golfers club. If the location works for you, go for it.
        In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
        Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
        Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
        Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
        Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
        Cobra S3 5w
        TaylorMade R11 3w
        TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

That’s more what I’m looking for for now, somewhere I can go out and play 3-4 rounds a week. I’ll need to start looking around and get on a waiting list for some of the nicer private clubs.

Comment

If I recall the practice facility is not the greatest either. What about Pipers or Royal Ont?

Comment

Both sold out for the year. The lack of practice facility is a downside for sure. I do have a range close that will make due. I miss the short game area at the old range by the Ford plant.

I was ruined this past year playing a few rounds at Oakville and really enjoyed the environment of a private club. It really ruined public golf for me.

Comment

'Supposed to be returning to private next season after a few years as semi-private. Many of the former Trafalgar members went back to Trafalgar after a year. They found course too penal if you don’t hit your drive at least 230. Holes 2-7 are notably tough to par. Rough was brutal this past year. Membership very friendly as is the pro. New caterer last season was huge improvement. If you appreciate a good walk well spoiled, go for it.

Comment

I appreciate all the insight

Comment

I enjoyed playing there as a member, save that I simply didn't hit it long enough off the tee. As a result, a lot of the holes were simply not fun for me to play. As I have said in another thread, it gave me with a perpetual knot in the pit of my stomach that I didn't enjoy. I like competition, but for me this was too much. That said, had I been driving the ball only 15 yards longer, it would have been a lot more pleasant experience. As for the driving range, unless it experienced a makeover last year, it's awful. All of that said, the club has a lot going for it. There were many member events; the people there (members included) were friendly, and our group had no problem arranging for early tee times. Be forewarned, though, that there is one day during the week (I can't recall which) where the women have priority in the morning, and the tee is closed to men until all the women have teed off.

Originally posted by Galted View Post
                    'Supposed to be returning to private next season after a few years as semi-private. Many of the former Trafalgar members went back to Trafalgar after a year. They found course too penal if you don’t hit your drive at least 230. Holes 2-7 are notably tough to par. Rough was brutal this past year. Membership very friendly as is the pro. New caterer last season was huge improvement. If you appreciate a good walk well spoiled, go for it.
                    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I’m glad to hear that the membership is friendly. My main golf buddy moved out east a couple years ago and I’ve been bouncing between work buddies that just want to get drunk and hit the ball as hard as they can, and a couple guys that are plus handicaps. I play to slightly over a 10 so would like to find more people in my range to play with. Also looking forward to playing in some club tournaments as my scores trend down.

Going to reach out this week and start the process.

Comment

Originally posted by RightRough View Post
                        Going to reach out this week and start the process.
                        I think you should get on it ASAP before they stop taking in new members.

Even though it might not be the greatest facility...for $2400 year with no initiation...it's a no brainer for you considering the options nearby.
                        You'll meet new golfers to play with....I would not be surprised if you got in 80 rds a year now that you'll become a member somewhere.

Have fun!

Comment

Clubhouse is closed for the year, so I emailed the address the answering machine gave this morning and awaiting a reply. 2022 shaping up to be a good year if it works out!

Comment

Email the manager. You should receive a response. I believe this is it: wyldewoodoffice@rogers.com

Originally posted by RightRough View Post
                            Clubhouse is closed for the year, so I emailed the address the answering machine gave this morning and awaiting a reply. 2022 shaping up to be a good year if it works out!
                            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

That was the address I emailed, fingers crossed they haven’t sold out.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X