/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Niagara Golf Trip - Courses?

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Niagara Golf Trip - Courses?

    Hi all,

    A few friends and I are planning a boys golf trip early September in the Niagara Falls area. Our Airbnb is in Port Colborne, which is within 30 minutes from most of the golf courses. Can anyone give me a solid break down of the best 3-4 courses in the area? I hear Grand Niagara is number 1. Any other good ones? Price isn’t a worry, it’s a special occasion.

    Appreciate your feedback!

  • #2
    Peninsula lakes in wetland is a great course to play also Whirlpool, Battlefield is another.Grand Niagara for sure
    What's in the bag


    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 9.0 Degree
    Callaway XR 3 wood
    Callaway xr 5 wood
    Adams 4,5,6 Hybrids
    Titleist AP2 Irons
    Titleist vokey wedge 54 degree
    Titleist volley wedge 58 degree
    Ping redwood putter

    Comment


    • #3
      Twenty Valley and for a non elite Sawmill is a fun course to play
      Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
      23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
      6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
      52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
      Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

      Comment


      • #4
        Avoid playing Thundering Waters.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Benz View Post
          Avoid playing Thundering Waters.
          100% to avoid !!!

          IMO the best to play are
          1. Whirlpool
          2. Grand Niagara
          3. Twenty Valley
          4. Niagara on The Lake
          5. Legends on the Niagara
          6. Penn Lakes

          if the US border is open when you go Hickory Stick just across the Lewiston Bridge would be right up there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Play Port Colborne golf club. Fun course. And check out Minors fish shop for a fresh perch dinner.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks all for some great ideas!

              Comment


              • #8
                Our last trip to Niagara Falls, pre COVID, included Penn Lakes, Whirlpool and both courses at Legends. Can’t go wrong with that selection, but you should include Grand Niagara before they shut her down.
                Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, Tour 65-S (new)
                Ping G425 SFT 15* 3 Wood, Tour 75-S (new)
                Ping G425 SFT 19* 5 Wood, Tour 75-S (new)
                Ping G425 Max 23.5* 9 Wood, Tour 75-S (new)
                Ping S56 Irons, 5 to 9, PW, Aldila VS 85-S
                Ping Tour S, 52/12*, 58/12*,Aldila VS 85-S
                Ping Glide Forged Pro 62/6*, Ping Z115-S (new)
                Ping 36" Nome 355 Putter, Super Stroke 2.0
                Ping "Latitude" Carry Bag
                Nikon Laser 500G Rangefinder

                Comment


                • #9
                  another vote for Legends - Battlefield course

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by crunch27 View Post
                    Our last trip to Niagara Falls, pre COVID, included Penn Lakes, Whirlpool and both courses at Legends. Can’t go wrong with that selection, but you should include Grand Niagara before they shut her down.
                    Sad they would shut down a Rees Jones layout.
                    G410 Plus 10.5*
                    G410 3W 16*
                    G400 7W 20.5*
                    G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
                    G400 5 - UW
                    Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
                    SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
                    Anser TR 1966

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by crunch27 View Post
                      Our last trip to Niagara Falls, pre COVID, included Penn Lakes, Whirlpool and both courses at Legends. Can’t go wrong with that selection, but you should include Grand Niagara before they shut her down.
                      talked to some of the guys there, don't think this will happen for awhile.
                      What's in the bag


                      Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 9.0 Degree
                      Callaway XR 3 wood
                      Callaway xr 5 wood
                      Adams 4,5,6 Hybrids
                      Titleist AP2 Irons
                      Titleist vokey wedge 54 degree
                      Titleist volley wedge 58 degree
                      Ping redwood putter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

                        Sad they would shut down a Rees Jones layout.
                        I like GN, but I am not sure that Rees Jones is an architect who's courses need to be preserved. Is he really considered an elite designer?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by okgndave View Post

                          I like GN, but I am not sure that Rees Jones is an architect who's courses need to be preserved. Is he really considered an elite designer?
                          He's probably better known for some of his touch ups ( Bethpage Black, Torrey South) than any of his original designs.

                          Quintero in Phoenix is one of his original designs and my fav course in the area but it is not remotely considered a top course in the USA, likewise GN is decent but it IMO isnt even the best course in Niagara region let alone a top Ontario course

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Have played the Niagara courses a lot in the past two years, due to COVID and unavailability of tee times in the GTA. My take:

                            1. Grand Niagara (definitely the best despite the negativity above)
                            2. Legends Ussher's Creek
                            3. Legends Battlefield
                            4. Whirlpool

                            can't go wrong. If more time, add some of the quirkier suggestions such as NOTL for historic interest, Twenty Valley (a mix of mundane holes and spectacular par 3s), etc. My #1 reco, though (echoing one above) is don't waste your time at T. Waters.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
                              Have played the Niagara courses a lot in the past two years, due to COVID and unavailability of tee times in the GTA. My take:

                              1. Grand Niagara (definitely the best despite the negativity above)
                              2. Legends Ussher's Creek
                              3. Legends Battlefield
                              4. Whirlpool

                              can't go wrong. If more time, add some of the quirkier suggestions such as NOTL for historic interest, Twenty Valley (a mix of mundane holes and spectacular par 3s), etc. My #1 reco, though (echoing one above) is don't waste your time at T. Waters.
                              After not playing there since it opened, I played 36 at Battlefield last summer and it was in great shape. Despite being wide open off the tee, it is a pretty hard course with some challenging approaches.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Latest TGN Reviews


                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard


                              Collapse

                              Today's Birthdays


                              Working...
                              X