Collapse

Muskoka courses ranked

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmy3864 View Post
    Spoke to someone at the resort where we stayed last week and they had played the Ridge at Manitou and said the greens were in rough shape (did not over-winter well) and we’re all covered in sand in order to speed them up. Wasn’t too pleased but we didn’t play there so only second hand comment. We have always wanted to play there but every time we look there is a conditioning issue going on. Maybe next year.
    Just an update to this post. Played the Ridge twice this week. Greens were fine, ran true, good amount of break and speed was decently quick (not lightening fast). Only small patches of winter kill could be seen on the edges of a number of greens but it didn't effect play and never near pin placements and never in the middle of the green. Otherwise, I'd say the course is in the best shape it's been since the water pump fiasco of 2020.

They were punching and sanding the tee boxes on some of the back nine yesterday. Not a big deal overall.

Comment

Great news.

Heading up this weekend. Hitting the rock on Friday, ridge Saturday morning, PS G&CC sat afternoon finishing with Seguin on Sunday morning

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
        Great news.

Heading up this weekend. Hitting the rock on Friday, ridge Saturday morning, PS G&CC sat afternoon finishing with Seguin on Sunday morning
        Played Sequin last Saturday and it was in great shape. Greens were quick!
        Enjoy

Comment

Thanks.. was wondering if parry sound is worth it or should I just do double at the ridge. Don't know when I will be staying in parry sound again. That's why I wanted to knock it off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
            Thanks.. was wondering if parry sound is worth it or should I just do double at the ridge. Don't know when I will be staying in parry sound again. That's why I wanted to knock it off the list.
            Probably worth it to knock it off the list if you legit want to and wont be going back to Parry Sound again.
            Ridge at Manitou is highly overrated in my opinion. Poor conditioning, extremely slow rounds, average routing make it a miss for me. It being an hour north of most other Muskoka courses is also an issue.

Rather play Seguin Valley than Ridge at Manitou.

My course rankings for what I have played in Muskoka go something like this:
            Muskoka Bay
            Rocky Crest (private but stay and play possible)
            Port Carling (private)
            Taboo
            Seguin Valley
            Deerhurst
            Windermere
            Ridge at Manitou
            The Rock (avoid, it is not worth the trip unless you really want to play it)
            Rogue ST Max LS - Accra TZ5
            Mizuno ST200 3 - Fujikura Ventus Red 7S
            Titleist 818 H2 19 - Atoms Blue TS
            Taylormade P7MC - Project X IO 6.0
            SM9 50.12, 54.10, 60.10
            Evnroll ER2B

Comment

Played Ridge at Manitou the last 5 days and it is in fantastic shape. Tees, fairways, rough and greens are all great. Greens are running a little slower then normal, but it just allows you to be a little more aggressive. Staff is as friendly as ever and beer on the deck has been ice cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzzardd View Post
                Played Ridge at Manitou the last 5 days and it is in fantastic shape. Tees, fairways, rough and greens are all great. Greens are running a little slower then normal, but it just allows you to be a little more aggressive. Staff is as friendly as ever and beer on the deck has been ice cold.
                Were they allowing carts on the grass or was it cart path only?

Comment

Originally posted by Pkopec View Post

Were they allowing carts on the grass or was it cart path only?
                  90 degree rule with no U-turns in the fairway. Drive to your ball, hit, proceed to the far rough, turn around and drive back.

Comment

How can you beat Muskoka Highlands ??

Free gasoline !!

https://muskokahighlands.com/public-...of-gas-prices/

1. Book your foursome tee time online on any day after 1pm at this link.
                    2. Fill up your gas tank within 24 hours before your tee time.
                    3. Head to: Muskoka Highlands, 1036 South Monck Drive, Bracebridge, ON P1L 1W8T3.
                    4. Submit your gas receipt when you arrive to check-in, and you will get it credited back to your credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by kimi View Post
                      How can you beat Muskoka Highlands ??

Free gasoline !!

https://muskokahighlands.com/public-...of-gas-prices/

1. Book your foursome tee time online on any day after 1pm at this link.
                      2. Fill up your gas tank within 24 hours before your tee time.
                      3. Head to: Muskoka Highlands, 1036 South Monck Drive, Bracebridge, ON P1L 1W8T3.
                      4. Submit your gas receipt when you arrive to check-in, and you will get it credited back to your credit card.
                      I see that Muskoka Highlands is also very 'dog friendly'.

Any feedback on the course itself (conditions/playability/layout/pace of play).

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X