/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

will golf be just as popular this summer?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    Which course?
    In Northern Ontario . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• We just had a townhall and while we now have a 100% membership and are busy, guests are back, are down 12% and looking at the tee sheets much easier to book and often during prime time. Afternoons particularly I have noted gaps. Good news for members and definitely our greenskeeper.....

Comment

Which course?....I think you are a member where the Champions Tour hosts an event?

I assume the course was busy due to more memberships sold in 2020 & 2021....do you still have a waitlist?
        Canyon Meadows in Calgary. Yes, we host the Shaw Charity Classic, this year , Aug 4 - 7. Pre-covid, no wait list, and in fact a few years ago, we had a drive to get 30 members in the door. That was successful and a small wait list ensued. Over Covid, we let in another 5 members and now have a wait list of around 30 names, about 5 yrs worth at current attrition rates.
        Callaway Maverick, Evenflow 65gm Reg, 45", 17 gm weight
        Callaway Rogue 13*, Evenflow 75 gm reg flex
        Callaway Rogue 15*, Evenflow 75 gm, reg flex
        Callaway Rogue 21* Hybrid, Aldila Rogue Black 85 gm
        TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
        Ping Stealth 54/14 and 58/14 wedges
        Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”

Comment

Which course?
          It's near the north pole.
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Lots of times available Sunday AM 7-12 for a foursome at the course I normally play.
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Just to say . . . this is our busiest summer in quite some years . . .
              We are still very busy, Not quite as insane as the past two summers but still WAYYYY above pre covid.

Today we have 282 and that will climb to 290 , we were 313 and 316 on the same days in 2020 and 2021 so

whats that ? roughly a 7% pull back. I think that is reflective of the softening in play that our course has seen. I am told that it is higher at some courses and I think that makes sense as less competition for the $ means quality, service and value will be the main drivers and courses offering such will get the business first.

I know that for us total rounds ytd are up versus 2020 and 2021 as are revenues, which is in part due to not having to shut down this year.
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                I know that for us total rounds ytd are up versus 2020 and 2021 as are revenues, which is in part due to not having to shut down this year.
                So what were the total rds played in 2020 & 2021?

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
                  We just had a townhall and while we now have a 100% membership and are busy, guests are back, are down 12% and looking at the tee sheets much easier to book and often during prime time. Afternoons particularly I have noted gaps. Good news for members and definitely our greenskeeper.....
                  May I ask which course you're at?
                  Bridgestone J715 10.5
                  Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
                  Adams Super LS 17d.
                  Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
                  Scratch 8620 53d.
                  Callaway X-forged 58d.
                  Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
                  Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

So what were the total rds played in 2020 & 2021?
                    Between 43,500 -44,000 each season

Comment

• Originally posted by 73monte View Post

May I ask which course you're at?
                      Has to be Summit I would bet. They had a disaster of a time booking last year and a friend who is there told me they recently had a town hall to discuss a pricey renovation. But I’ve finally been able to get on the course with him this year because it’s been way less busy. Last year he said no one could get on and it was 5H rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

It's near the north pole.
                        Not quite that far north. We have a rival a few hours further up hwy 2
                        Callaway Maverick, Evenflow 65gm Reg, 45", 17 gm weight
                        Callaway Rogue 13*, Evenflow 75 gm reg flex
                        Callaway Rogue 15*, Evenflow 75 gm, reg flex
                        Callaway Rogue 21* Hybrid, Aldila Rogue Black 85 gm
                        TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
                        Ping Stealth 54/14 and 58/14 wedges
                        Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”

Comment

• Just heard yesterday that our course had it's best July in it's 25 year history.
                          As mentioned earlier, while numbers might be down slightly from 2020 and 2021, golf courses with good management, service etc will be bringing in higher revenues with camps, events etc even whether they have raised their fees or have not.

yesterday we were 294 golfers which is a very full day. In 2021 we hit 284 and 2020 we hit 317, so volumes remain way above pre-pandemic levels when we would do a high 5 for a 200+ day.

such a great thing for golf courses of which many had struggles prior to c19.

while c19 has been a horrible thing in general, it's perhaps the best thing that has happened to golf since Tiger.

Comment

• Slow day at Winchester Friday .

Comment

• Next year will tell the story. I think there was still a little uncertainty regarding what would and would not take place this summer. Since Covid is over now restrictions wise, I think a lot of people will go back to their pre planned summer activities next year. To be honest, I kinda hope they do…
                              ……

In the Hoofer, 10 clubs I regularly practice, and can actually hit…..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophos View Post
                                Next year will tell the story. I think there was still a little uncertainty regarding what would and would not take place this summer. Since Covid is over now restrictions wise, I think a lot of people will go back to their pre planned summer activities next year. To be honest, I kinda hope they do…
                                YOU ARE CORRECT SIR: I had said the same awhile back, now there's proof.
                                They did not need to do specials the last two years, but now they are looking for golfers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (33).png Views:	0 Size:	369.3 KB ID:	3578650
                                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X