/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

will golf be just as popular this summer?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will golf be just as popular this summer?

with everything now open and people able to vacation, do you expect golf to be just as popular as the past few summers?

golf rounds have increased anywhere from 35 to 40 % over last 2 years - now with most things back to almost normal I would say the golf business would be pleased if they kept 10 to 15 % of these new players - if that is the case it should be easier to secure a tee time this year
    Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
    23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
    6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
    52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
    Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

For pay as you play, in one word?

NO.
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by mingoof View Post
        with everything now open and people able to vacation, do you expect golf to be just as popular as the past few summers?
        We are expecting rounds played to still be up significantly over pre-pandemic levels.
        all indicators are pointing at another busy , busy year
        Expect 6-8,000 rounds more than pre pandemic but perhaps a slight drop 1-2,000 from last 2 years.

a golf industry reports I have seen say it wont be until 2023 before we see a noticeable drop and it will remain 10-15% above pre pandemic.

Not having a shortened season due to lockdown will help
        Last edited by Weirfan; Mar 20, 2022, 04:53 PM.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by cuonthe1t View Post
          golf rounds have increased anywhere from 35 to 40 % over last 2 years - now with most things back to almost normal I would say the golf business would be pleased if they kept 10 to 15 % of these new players - if that is the case it should be easier to secure a tee time this year
          I think you're generally right.

Lots of new golfers will want to stick with it, but there are plenty who essentially just can't - mostly because of all the kids events that will be reopened and force families to return to supporting those. That, and travel will be way more in play for a lot of people too.
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Agree with the general thought here, up from previous as it is a bigger part of peoples lives right now, but for sure down from the last two years.

Comment

Fingers crossed that we have not dropped all the mandates too soon. I think you can claim anything (up, down, same) and make an argument for each. I think we'll see a dip and maybe a few more specials pop up as courses assess their flow (Tee Sheets).
              Last edited by golfingtime; Mar 21, 2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Selfishly, I hope not. As has been posted I suspect many pay as you play golfers won't stick with it for a number of reasons, including the fact that we have opened back up and there are many other activities available.

Comment

Guessing, that we will be back much closer to pre-pandemic numbers, many of the new Covid-19 golfers were just there, because there was nothing else to do.
                  This means there are many out there who can't wait to get back to their preferred pass times.
                  Also, although the work from home trend will continue for many, a lot more will be back in the office so to speak, and not sneaking off for a round of golf for what typically "working hours". LOL .
                  Any golf industry survey results are probably artificially boosted by those looking to get more money from green fees or selling the course.
                  Typical real estate ploy. "You wouldn't believe how much in demand this area is.".
                  Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Underpar is my indicator of popularity, in that who's not on it (Angus / Bareben / Lakeview / Ballantrae / Maples / Eagles, Copper Creek, St. Andrews, et all) will likely give a good indication of the demand at public play
                    The golfers choice for discount tee times in the U.S and Canada. Play world-class golf courses at low prices. The cheapest tee off times on the web.

Comment

Types a reply but don’t see it so here we go again

A couple of indicators that suggest we could still see busy courses

1. sale of prepaid fees and packages for this season were the highest yet since the pandemic started

2. Try finding a league . Demand for leagues was unprecedented . Our 3 leagues sold out in record time last Fall.

Another good indicator will be When we start receiving daily emails with discount golf from golf now and under par. it will be a sign that courses are not filling their tee times and need to discount them as they were pre pandemic.

I agree with bl8 that pay as you go will differ from private. IMO, the bottom end course will be the first to show reduced participation.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                        Types a reply but don't see it so here we go again
                        I think you cross thread posted to the "The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed"

Comment

I don't see golf demand dropping off anytime soon.
                          We have had less restrictions out here in BC and the high demand continues.
                          It's still very difficult to find tee times in the winter still and with better weather coming....IMO...it will get worse...if that's possible???

The casual Covid golfer has disappeared and golfers taking up or returning to golf because of the pandemic...... seem to be here to stay.

Many semi-private courses have sold out and/orhave more annual pass members....making tee sheets more full.

Comment

Originally posted by Petedv View Post

I think you cross thread posted to the "The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed"

Thanks

Comment

It will be interesting to see whether the intent to play matches the ability to find time to play this summer. Peak times that were always peak times will still be busy since they were busy pre COVID anyway. Weekday tee times, especially less historically popular ones, I think will become more available as the numbers come back down a bit. I still see golf being more popular post COVID than pre COVID for a variety of reasons but do not see full tee sheets all day every day all season being the new normal.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X