Collapse

Bond Head?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond Head?

Anyone been to Bond Head this season? I like the south course but conditions were grim last year... Has GolfNorth made any improvements?

I too like BH (both courses!) and really hope GN can polish things up and restore some of the former lustre.

That being said, i'm sure CL did them no favours in winterizing the course and i'll wait a few more weeks before venturing down to check it out. Fingers crossed!
    10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
    16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
    20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
    4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
    Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by 401par4 View Post
      Anyone been to Bond Head this season? I like the south course but conditions were grim last year... Has GolfNorth made any improvements?
      This is from the beginning of the month:

I know that there are a few threads mentioning courses that have opened in the Golden Horseshoe area. Please list courses that you know are open or have played in the last week.

Comment

Originally posted by okgndave View Post

This is from the beginning of the month:

https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...37#post3538037
        Thank you for digging this up! Confirms my suspicions and I will visit later in the season when things (hopefully!) have had a chance to recover.

Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post

Thank you for digging this up! Confirms my suspicions and I will visit later in the season when things (hopefully!) have had a chance to recover.
          Thanks for the link and the feedback... Based on this, I too will hold off visiting BH until GN has improved conditions (unless they want to reduce green fee in the meantime)

Comment

Originally posted by 401par4 View Post

Thanks for the link and the feedback... Based on this, I too will hold off visiting BH until GN has improved conditions (unless they want to reduce green fee in the meantime)
            The green fees are still outrageous.

I was hoping GN would reduce them in hopes of attracting more people to the course but looked last weekend and it was still $110+ for a round.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBirdies View Post

The green fees are still outrageous.

I was hoping GN would reduce them in hopes of attracting more people to the course but looked last weekend and it was still $110+ for a round.
              I wouldn't say that $110 in that area of the GTA is outrageous. Also, it's a matter of do you want to see improvements, or do you want cheap golf? They don't co-exist. Again, can't say I've ever been on the property so I don't know the exact details of the mess we were left with, but I know there is a LOT of improvements and additions planned.

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post

I wouldn't say that $110 in that area of the GTA is outrageous. Also, it's a matter of do you want to see improvements, or do you want cheap golf? They don't co-exist. Again, can't say I've ever been on the property so I don't know the exact details of the mess we were left with, but I know there is a LOT of improvements and additions planned.
                So wait, you're telling me $110 isn't outrageous but you've never even seen the property? Interesting

Comment

So wait, you're telling me $110 isn't outrageous but you've never even seen the property? Interesting
                  I think he's saying it's well within the normal range for comparable courses in that area, with which I completely agree. RedCrest: $100. Woodington Lake: $120. Even the mediocre second course at Woodington is $110 on weekends. (Yes, I've played both BH courses several times). I don't like paying north of 100 bucks either but that is where we are in 2022.

Comment

I've been to the property plenty of times since it opened and can confidently state - if it was kept anywhere close to the original conditions i'd happily pay $110.

The conditions have deteriorated year after year since the Clublink lease, with a steep decline when it became public play. Last year it became downright embarrassing with weeds growing on the tee blocks and no sand in the bunkers. It used to have all the trimmings of a mid-high end private club.

Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post

I think he's saying it's well within the normal range for comparable courses in that area, with which I completely agree. RedCrest: $100. Woodington Lake: $120. Even the mediocre second course at Woodington is $110 on weekends. (Yes, I've played both BH courses several times). I don't like paying north of 100 bucks either but that is where we are in 2022.
                      Correct. You can't set foot on anything remotely decent in the GTA with those amenities for less than $100. Sorry I haven't physically been on the property but I have seen about a million pictures. Is that ok? OnlyBirdies

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post

Correct. You can't set foot on anything remotely decent in the GTA with those amenities for less than $100. Sorry I haven't physically been on the property but I have seen about a million pictures. Is that ok? OnlyBirdies
                        Lol. Whatever floats your boat man.

Comment

$110 with a cart, primetime weekend mornings, not unreasonable at all for the course in the GTA. You could always go play Mn-Th for $75 with cart. Is that outrageous too? Golf is not cheap, especially now.
                          I was a member there for a few years when Clublink took it over and it was a real treat to play when in A1 shape. Everything about the place was quite enjoyable for a few years. Things had clearly deteriorated but fairly certain improvements are on the way but they do take time.
                          Like a previous post noted, if they can get it anywhere near what it was 15 years ago, at $110 it will be a steal.

Comment

Ive played both BH courses several times over the past 4 yrs and not paid more than $65 during the week. That is what it is worth in my opinion. If they sunk more money into it and brought it back to the early years.....Maybe $110

Comment

I actual played the South Course today and it was a tough test of golf. The conditions were okay. As mentioned the bunkers were awful. Also, the grass around most bunkers was not cut. Fairways and greens were okay and work was being down on some of the bunkers.

The biggest issue was the rough was so thick that it was tough finding balls. I lost one in the rough and I found a lot of balls sitting down in the rough. The course was not busy and the time spent looking for balls in the rough made it a five hour round. Can’t imagine what it’s going to be like this weekend. As an example, my buddy hit a wedge into a green and saw the ball land in the rough short left of the hole. It took us a couple of minutes to find the ball.

The conditions are getting better but a lot of work needs to be done. On the 18 hole there were 3 bunkers lining the left side of the fairway. The bunkers had two foot high weeds growing out of them. I am assuming they will be restoring those bunkers. On hole 7 today they were working on the fairway bunkers.

I will be back as I am a GolfNorth member but my playing partners who paid over a $100 are not coming back!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X