Collapse

Glen Abbey

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Abbey

I'm playing Monday. Are 1 and 4 still temp greens and are they still playing the 19 hole in the valley instead of 15?

This was from another thread and written on June 13th...(wasn't me so can't verify accuracy!)

I played on Friday, and there are no longer temp greens. However, the greens are not in great shape. They had a rough winter, so they have heavily top dressed with sand. On one of the greens, there was so much sand that someone had written "F@#k sand" into a pile of sand that had formed on the green. Apart from the greens (which still rolled fine, just not top tier), the course was in good shape. I paid the twilight 2-for-1 rate, so I was satisfied with my experience...had I paid full rack rate (which I never would), I might be put off by the conditions.

Comment

Any updates on greens?

Comment

It seems I'll answer my own question by today

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3 View Post
          It seems I'll answer my own question by today
          How were they?

Comment

They are decent with good speed. I'd call them a notch or two faster than mid speed. The course is overall dried out so it plays fast and firm including through the rough which is cut too short imo. Recommend to rake and place in the bunkers (some are ok but many are not). At a good price comparable to other normal tracks and its fine but puting this in the $150 to $200 + territory for green fee with cart and it should be a no and play eleswhere if you want to drop that kind of $ (again imho). I should mention too that the staff they have now is much improved to what they had the season before (better trained, better attitudes). Its been a noticeable change from what I experienced last season.

Comment

Anyone played here recently? What were the conditions like?

Comment

Originally posted by gushamilton View Post
                Anyone played here recently? What were the conditions like?
                Played Monday
                Conditions were much better than expected
                pretty enjoyable day

Comment

Played yesterday. An absolute beauty of a day and the course conditions were close to top notch.

The round took close to 5 hours but we had nowhere to be. The rates drop significantly at 2 so it was a little backed up.

I will say the course is pretty boring. Especially the front 9.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X