Collapse

Cheapest golf in GTA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest golf in GTA

I'm new to the game but already in love with it. I'm looking for some of the most budget friendly options in the GTA. I live in central North York and open to driving around 40 minutes if necessary.

I've played uplands (hard, ball magnet), kettle creek (decent, pretty easy), carrickmacross (yuck) and will be playing Carruthers Creek soon. Im also aware that Don Valley offers a 9 hole rate if you show up really early, though they are a bit pricier than I'd like for what I'm after.The rest are in the prices range I'm talking about (I.e., ~40 bucks). I'm looking for options for my weekly game here, so focus is on improvement more than course aesthetics. I will definitely spend more occasionally, but curious what other options may be out there for 9 holes or decent executive courses, especially now that most courses only offer 18 hole rates. I'm mostly interested in full length courses that offer a 9 hole rate.

Any suggestions?

Sign up for GolfNow and check out their hotdeals section. Lots of options under $40, particularly if you're willing to play twilight. Will also give you a sense for some of the courses available.

Comment

A friend-of-a-friend who's on a tight budget and can't travel far has talked me into playing a number of rounds with him at Flemingdon Park, tucked into the valley below the DVP at Eglinton. Very handy.

9 holes, 2605 yds. One par 5 at 485 yds.

It's $50 for 9 and another $25 for replay.

For the price and location conditions are certainly "okay" and some holes are surprisingly interesting. Greens are slow but that's okay once you adapt.

Everyone we've been paired up with has been good company.

I had fully expected to hate it, but it's way better than I'd expected. Just don't expect anything fancy or high end.

For the most part, you are unaware of being in the city.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ba2cd3_3d545e450b0b42298835bfe2b1092bfa~mv2.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	3572914
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Tam O’Shanter – City of Toronto and Humber Valley – City of Toronto, both $55.32 +HST for 18 weekdays.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

rolling hills is usually pretty cheap

Comment

Haven’t been there in a few years, but Bloomington Downs is basically where I learned the game and was always very reasonably priced and a good course for beginners. Looks like be $55 or so for prime time weekend 18 holes there, hard to find much cheaper than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
              Flemingdon Park, tucked into the valley below the DVP at Eglinton. Very handy.

9 holes, 2605 yds. One par 5 at 485 yds.

It's $50 for 9 and another $25 for replay.
              IMO...that's expensive for a course like FP.

Comment

Not sure what time frame you are looking for but if you are in central North York driving 40mins in the evening traffic won't get you too far and may be waste of gas, thus playing Don Valley may be a cheaper option.

For other options that I can think of
                Parkview Remington at Steeles & Markham road
                Rolling hills challenge and classic
                Tam O'shanter they offer 9hole rates
                Bloomington downs
                Maple of Ballantrae
                Bushwood

Comment

Glen Cedars I think has a very good twilight rate. Streetsville Glen is 12 holes, which is great for practice. Lakeview a little over priced, but Braeben is a great vakue.
                  Last edited by golfingtime; Jul 29, 2022, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses folks. I should have stated that I tend to work late most nights so Saturday/Sunday mornings are my sweet spot. I know, that's prime time. Hence looking for 9 hole rates anywhere around the city. That lets me manage my budget and gets me home by noonish to spend time with the family.

For perspective .. My wife asks me how many balls I lost after a round so she can track the total effective cost of the round. I played cardinal west a few weeks ago and lost maybe three balls through 18. Played uplands the week after and lost at least 9. So uplands is out for now, until I'm more consistent. And I do buy used balls for cheap.

I'll check out golfnow more frequently, particularly if I can play 18 somewhere, as I'm not too picky. Will also look at some of these other options as some I haven't checked out yet.

Comment

The cheapest deal, IMO, is rolling hills challenge lately. i’m taking my wife and my son every weekend, $30 or $35 including cart. Short but it’s 18 holes and you can practice all your clubs.
                      AIR HYBRID II on CG 3.5
                      Epic 9.5 Fujikura Pro Green 62 S
                      917 F2 15 Even Flow Blue 75 S
                      Stealth 3H 19 Ventus Red 7 S

P770 4-P Dynamic Gold 105 VSS S
                      MG2 50.09 | 54.11 | 58.08 Dynamic Gold S200
                      ER1 Blade
                      TP5x

Comment

Originally posted by Kromkar View Post
                        For perspective .. My wife asks me how many balls I lost after a round so she can track the total effective cost of the round. I played cardinal west a few weeks ago and lost maybe three balls through 18. Played uplands the week after and lost at least 9. So uplands is out for now, until I'm more consistent. And I do buy used balls for cheap.
                        WTH????...OMG...really???....LMAO

It's your life but I think you should have a talk with wifey.
                        You want to save money golfing...and your wife is honestly tabulating and keeping track of the few bucks you losing for your USED golf balls...huh?

It's great that you have a frugal wife...no doubt about that...but her tracking your golf ball losses is a bit much.

But thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Happy to provide a laugh at my expense . Yeah, my wife has no filter between the brain and mouth. I just let her talk, then go about my business. We are actually both very frugal, but willing to spend periodically when it matters. I certainly don't complain every year when she grinds Rogers retention to their knees and somehow gets more services for cheaper.

Regarding this thread, this is my "bread and butter" game improvement round. so I dont need a quality track, just something that will let me get out and use all the clubs in my bag. Thats really the goal here.

Comment

Get a ball retriever. You can then find lost balls more than ones you lose. Then brag to your wife how many cents you earned at the golf course... Just make sure you hit your shots as quickly as possible as that's only secondary game you'd be playing out there (i really met some one whose primary game was to find as many lost balls)

Comment

Originally posted by Kromkar View Post
                              That made me laugh . . . heard of people not playing some places because too hard, too far, only 9 holes, too busy . . . but deciding by how many balls you have lost is awesome (and a new one).

The most important thing is too enjoy yourself . . . it is a great and addictive game.
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X