Caddy at Thornhill

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caddy at Thornhill

Hey fellas,

I will be in Toronto competing in the Canadian Mid-Am hosted at Thornhill August 22nd-26th.

Wondering if there is anyone that knows the track well and wants to caddy.

Fire me a text: 204-724-3785

-DJ

Originally posted by LaughingHyena View Post
    Hey fellas,

I will be in Toronto competing in the Canadian Mid-Am hosted at Thornhill August 22nd-26th.

-DJ
    Fun course. You won't need anyone too experienced, it's pretty straightforward after playing one practice round which I hope they give you guys. I was a member there for 12 years. The key is getting it in play off the tee, the approach shots aren't overly difficult. Lots of birdies out there, don't be a hero when you get into trouble, take your medicine. Greens all slope back to front (with the exception of 11) so keep it below the hole. Good luck in the event and hope you find a caddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post

Fun course. You won't need anyone too experienced, it's pretty straightforward after playing one practice round which I hope they give you guys. I was a member there for 12 years. The key is getting it in play off the tee, the approach shots aren't overly difficult. Lots of birdies out there, don't be a hero when you get into trouble, take your medicine. Greens all slope back to front (with the exception of 11) so keep it below the hole. Good luck in the event and hope you find a caddy!
      That was the advice I got from the club pro when I played there. Best piece of advice ever for that course.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Speak to the head pro. There might be some members that have let them know they'd be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingHyena View Post
          Hey fellas,

-DJ
          The Club is arranging Caddies for those that want one. Contact Todd the pro and he'll set you up.

It's going to be a good event as Thornhill is celebrating their Centennial this year and are going to put on a great show. Congrats on qualifying.

Comment

As others have said keeping it in play off the tee is essential. Not a long or overly difficult golf course but greens are tricky usually run fast (stay below the hole). Keep it left on 6 and 13 and you should be good. Enjoy!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X