Kings Forest
    Copetown Woods
    Willow Valley
    Mystic
    Other

Thanks
    Wigler
    lpw

All those listed are pretty good, but my personal favourite is Copetown, so that's the one I would play first. Kings Forest is a great municipal track with a great layout and some really good holes, but conditioning can be suspect at times. I would add Dragon's Fire to your list as well for consideration.
    Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

Crosswinds is not on your list. It is nice but always busy. Would suggest playing it at least once.

Kings Forest should be on your list too.

Comment

1. Copetown is the best in the area by a wide margin
        2. Willow Valley - Fun course. A few interesting holes
        3. Kings Forest - HIGHLY overrated and over priced
        4. Mystic - Do you like Par 6 holes? What about Golf North Properties??
        Callaway Blayne Standbag:
        TaylorMade M1 9.5*
        TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
        TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
        TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
        Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
        5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
        Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
        Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
        Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Most people on here favour Copetown Woods, but I am fond of Willow Valley and would give it a slight edge. Both are excellent for what they are and great value. Dragon's Fire also pretty good. I wouldn't consider Crosswinds to be in Hamilton, though I like it too.

Comment

Ive always enjoyed Hamilton Golf and Country Club. Solid track.

Comment

My ranking of that list would be:

Copetown Woods
              Kings Forest
              Willow Valley
              Mystic
              Dundas Valley (Private) - always reminds me of Hamilton G&C in some ways (side hill lies and some green structures)
              The Beverley (Private by memory)
              Hamilton G&C if you can get out on it (private) is great - tons of side hill lies mind you
              Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
              Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
              Nike 23 degree hybrid
              Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
              Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
              Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Originally posted by LowStinger View Post
                Ive always enjoyed Hamilton Golf and Country Club. Solid track.
                Fair.

Comment

Love Copetown. Willow Valley is next for me. A couple of holes around the turn aren't faves. Then Kings Forest and Mystic.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
                    1. Copetown is the best in the area by a wide margin
                    2. Willow Valley - Fun course. A few interesting holes
                    3. Kings Forest - HIGHLY overrated and over priced
                    4. Mystic - Do you like Par 6 holes? What about Golf North Properties??
                    Ya! And the clubhouse is trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                      Love Copetown. Willow Valley is next for me. A couple of holes around the turn aren't faves. Then Kings Forest and Mystic.
                      ​​​​​
                      Cope outclasses most for all round golf experience. I do like Willow and play it a bunch as Cope is super busy. The 9th is a regrettable but they don’t have too many options to fix it and if you get used to it, it’s a neat chip to a tricky green.

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post

Cope outclasses most for all round golf experience. I do like Willow and play it a bunch as Cope is super busy. The 9th is a regrettable but they don’t have too many options to fix it and if you get used to it, it’s a neat chip to a tricky green.
                        Agreed. I think I'm talking more about the 10th? 90 degree second shot back up a hill? Similar to our 16th at Mount Nemo. Many hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Agreed. I think I'm talking more about the 10th? 90 degree second shot back up a hill? Similar to our 16th at Mount Nemo. Many hate it.
                          That’’s the 9th for sure (used to be 18). Hit it anywhere from 150 to 250, then chip it 80yds right to an uphill green.

However, it’s WAY better than 16 at MN! I like most of that course but that hole drives me insane. You have it hit it perfect 180-200 or so, no left right, long or short and then you get the uphill approach. Maybe it’s too tough for me, but it’s just way too target like for me and I don’t visit that course often mostly because of it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post

That’’s the 9th for sure (used to be 18). Hit it anywhere from 150 to 250, then chip it 80yds right to an uphill green.

However, it’s WAY better than 16 at MN! I like most of that course but that hole drives me insane. You have it hit it perfect 180-200 or so, no left right, long or short and then you get the uphill approach. Maybe it’s too tough for me, but it’s just way too target like for me and I don’t visit that course often mostly because of it ;-)
                            LOL I hear ya. Then you might not like 9 or 11 too. I'm not accurate either so it's tough for me. But I work there so it's home. The view of the escarpment never gets old. But back to this thread, this is the first year in several I won't likely get to Hamilton. Bummer. Copetown and Willow were my best rounds until I finally broke 80 at MN this year. Happens when you play the same course umpteen times. Two weeks later I was 100.

Comment

On the Hamilton front, I have a twosome tomorrow at Copetown Woods at 1:00 and my playing partner can't make it. If anyone wants to join, shoot me a message!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X