Collapse

Sunningdale GC London ON

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunningdale GC London ON

Playing for the first time at Sunnigdale. Any tips tricks or other suggestions. Thanks

Which course, East or West? Unless one was sold off since I left London back in 1982.
    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Sunningdale has undergone some significant changes recently as it is transitioning from a 36 to an 18 hole facility. Neither the Robinson nor Thompson courses (formerly East and West, as you put it) have survived intact. Six new holes by Doug Carrick (who I love, but which are totally out of character with the existing course) have been tacked on to the 12 survivors which are predominantly, but not exclusively, from the Thompson. The six holes on the south side of Sunningdale Rd. (all on the Robinson) have turned into houses, and others are on death row as well. For 2022 (a transition year) I believe there are about 27 holes still open. It's a real shame. So to answer the OP's question, it really depends what layout you are playing.
      Last edited by midlifecrisis; Sep 24, 2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Here's a graphic showing the ultimate plan.

Click image for larger version  Name:	golf Sunningdale final layout.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	3592576

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
          Sunningdale has undergone some significant changes recently as it is transitioning from a 36 to an 18 hole facility. Neither the Robinson nor Thompson courses (formerly East and West, as you put it) have survived intact. Six new holes by Doug Carrick (who I love, but which are totally out of character with the existing course) have been tacked on to the 12 survivors which are predominantly, but not exclusively, from the Thompson. The six holes on the south side of Sunningdale Rd. (all on the Robinson) have turned into houses, and others are on death row as well. For 2022 (a transition year) I believe there are about 27 holes still open. It's a real shame. So to answer the OP's question, it really depends what layout you are playing.
          Sad to hear. I played there a few times while I was a student at Western. I remembered thinking what a great place it is. They had a nice clubhouse and 36 great holes. I imagine it would have been a great place to be a member. What do you do with the membership when you go from 36 to 18 holes? I would imagine they would have had to buy a fair amount of them out because you can't have a membership built for 36 holes for 18. Access to the tee is bad enough as it is for most clubs these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post

Sad to hear. I played there a few times while I was a student at Western. I remembered thinking what a great place it is. They had a nice clubhouse and 36 great holes. I imagine it would have been a great place to be a member. What do you do with the membership when you go from 36 to 18 holes? I would imagine they would have had to buy a fair amount of them out because you can't have a membership built for 36 holes for 18. Access to the tee is bad enough as it is for most clubs these days.
            https://www.thelondoner.ca/sports/lo...mpson%20Course.

Comment

I know a couple of members and they haven’t been thrilled with everything. Plus they’ve said a lot of people aren’t fans of the new holes. They don’t fit the flow of the courses.

I’ve played both 18s and can’t say I was blowing away with them. Definitely some nice holes but I didn’t get the private course feel with it.
              Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
              Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
              Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
              Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
              Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
              Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
              Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                I know a couple of members and they haven’t been thrilled with everything. Plus they’ve said a lot of people aren’t fans of the new holes. They don’t fit the flow of the courses.

I’ve played both 18s and can’t say I was blowing away with them. Definitely some nice holes but I didn’t get the private course feel with it.
                hmm thanks for the reply

Comment

What a crock of self-justifying BS. They've lost one whole course plus a third of another, both of which were the best London has to offer other than Hunt, and tacked on six new holes completely out of character with what remains.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X