Collapse

Carruthers Creek????

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carruthers Creek????

Can anyone explain why it’s closing? Saw this on Twitter?

Click image for larger version

Name:	C6D5719D-5E12-4E2B-B34B-3909D006C9F3.jpg
Views:	1574
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3605341

My son used to play there quite a bit. I saw this the other day and reached out to him. We are both on the Carruthers email list. He understood the property was sold to a developer a few years ago, so one can presume it will now start to be developed into housing. Another addition to the "Lost courses" listing.

Comment

I don't have any factual information yet, but it is the next parcel of land moving East for development and they were probably only leasing the property.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I believe there is a Proposed Hospital in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
          My son used to play there quite a bit. I saw this the other day and reached out to him. We are both on the Carruthers email list. He understood the property was sold to a developer a few years ago, so one can presume it will now start to be developed into housing. Another addition to the "Lost courses" listing.
          It was actually just sold in August.

Comment

Originally posted by Spot View Post

It was actually just sold in August.
            Thanks for the correction. Clear they aren't wasting any time moving forward. Oh well....I never played the par 3, just the regular 9 and quite liked it. At the time, Iived about 5 min away so pretty handy.

Comment

There will likely still be golf there next summer but you can expect the conditions to drop.

Fun track.... played there a fair bit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ninja View Post
                There will likely still be golf there next summer but you can expect the conditions to drop.

Fun track.... played there a fair bit this year.
                They are currently selling off their equipment so I'm curious how they will care for the course?

The owner of the land didn't renew the lease.

Comment

I played there a few times with my son, and I will have a soft spot for it because he made his first birdie there (almost made 2 in the round). Another casualty of development…
                  Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
                  TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                  TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                  Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
                  TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
                  Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
                  Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
                  LAB Mezz, Accra
                  Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post
                    They are currently selling off their equipment so I'm curious how they will care for the course?

The owner of the land didn't renew the lease.

Now South Ajax GC... opening this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by ninja View Post

Now South Ajax GC... opening this spring.
                      Did somebody say that Steve is back there?
                      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Being run by the Singh family who own Banty’s Roost and who ran Annandale its last year before being demolished. Expect poor conditions because they run things cheap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeM View Post
                          Being run by the Singh family who own Banty’s Roost and who ran Annandale its last year before being demolished. Expect poor conditions because they run things cheap!!!
                          That would be Angad aka Andy then, but heard they have hired some of the old Carruthers staff there.?
                          Last edited by 4underthru9; Mar 21, 2023, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Every course the Singh’s run is awful so even if they have a few of the same staff it will still be poor conditions. Wish another respectable operator had taken over. Oh well it won’t last long anyways the new owners are developers and are going to build houses on it. That whole area is gone soon for houses.

Comment

Looks like they have a special out on underpar now to get the word out

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X