Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nunchuk Iron Shaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nunchuk Iron Shaft

Hey Jim,

I know you are lurking around here somewhere. What can you tell me about the Nunchuk iron shaft. Just found out that it's out when I saw a review on another board. Curious to find out the price per shaft. Might also be replacing my shafts this spring and wouldn't mind testing these out as well (and possibly posting results for the masses). Loved what the driver shaft did for me. Never did get around to trying the hybrid.

Re: Nunchuk Iron Shaft

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
    Hey Jim,

I know you are lurking around here somewhere. What can you tell me about the Nunchuk iron shaft. Just found out that it's out when I saw a review on another board. Curious to find out the price per shaft. Might also be replacing my shafts this spring and wouldn't mind testing these out as well (and possibly posting results for the masses). Loved what the driver shaft did for me. Never did get around to trying the hybrid.
    I Had a chance to hit them today at the PGA Demo Day.

One Word - AWESOME!

Talking to a PGA Teaching pro that tells me he has switched his PX6.5 to this shaft. He tells me that it will lower the ball flight for a player the generally hits a ballooning ball as well as raise the ball flight for a player that has trouble getting airborne.

I was told that 4 sets are being tested by pga tour pros, two in play and two seriously testing. I'll try to find out who they are tomorrow.

I will build a demo set of irons. I am also toying with the idea of play-ability guarantee! Switch your shafts to NUNCHUK iron shafts... You don't like them, I will put your old shafts back in your heads.

I will have cost tomorrow, They are not the cheap, but these shafts will be the last set you will need since ONE FLEX FITS ALL!

Here are the company's details

Description
    Key Attributes of the NUNCHUK xi Precision Iron Shaft:

PERFORMANCE: Better than steel performance: Produces consistent ball launch, tighter dispersion, consistent distance control, pinpoint accuracy, and greater distance as verified with both consumer and professional testing. Also, the NUNCHUK xi offers greater spin control for better stopping power on the greens. The NUNCHUK xi is much more consistent than other graphite iron shafts on the market.

FEEL: Softer and less harsh than steel, better bio-feedback, and far less vibration on off-center shots. The NUNCHUK xi shaft, as with all the NUNCHUKs, allow the player’s hands and club head to be aligned through the impact zone. Golfer’s often comment that the NUNCHUK shafts produce a unique “one piece” feeling as the club is moving as a single unit through the impact zone. Conversely, typical graphite and steel shafts allow the club head to move relative to the centerline of the shaft due to shaft flexing, twisting and droop. This movement is detrimental to golfers achieving consistent distance control, trajectory and ball flight results with the same club.

THE NUNCHUK SYSTEM: Now - golfers have the opportunity to put precision NUNCHUKs in all their clubs which will provide great benefits:
    Identical feel from club to club
    Identical function from club to club enhancing length, distance and dispersion control
    Importantly, encourages the player, through proper biofeedback, to swing all clubs exactly the same - and not a failed attempt to “hit at the ball with the club head or throw their hands at the ball through impact”

PRECISION FITTING: One shaft for all swing speeds - golfers should be professionally fitted for club head design, grip and grip size, lengths, lofts, and lie angles, but the NUNCHUK xi will produce great results for the full range of swing types and speeds.
    Available in both .370” parallel and .355” tapered tips. Additionally, the parallel tipped shafts are designed such that they can be sanded to a taper finish by the professional club builder if necessary, adding versatility to this version. Performance of the two tip designs is identical.
    Butt trim to length, no tip trimming required or suggested. Long parallel butt section to produce consistent grip feel and size for hand placement on the club.
    Solid silver paint color with the opportunity to put the logo down for a clean look
    In testing the prototypes of the NUNCHUK xi, golfers from a variety of player segments described their irons as “easier to hit,” and with increased consistency, accuracy and distance control. Players reported that they were able to better control their trajectories and shape shots on command. From testing that was completed on the PGA Tour, one player called back immediately after the event excited about the testing he had completed. Upon reflection, he realized the club he tested, which was a blade iron head shafted with the NUNCHUK xi, was far easier to hit and produced better results than his “gamer” cavity back steel shafted irons.

We look forward to making the game easier and more enjoyable for golfers as they switch to NUNCHUK shafts.

Technical Specifications:

NUNCHUK xi
    Parameters

Shaft Specifications

Flex
    One size fits all swing speeds and types
    Torque
    3.3 Degrees
    Weight
    104 Grams
    Length
    40 Inch blank
    Tip OD
    Available in .355” taper tip or .370” parallel
    tip (2” parallel tip section)
    Butt OD
    .610”, with 7.5” parallel butt section
    Last edited by Kona Golf; Jan 23, 2013, 09:01 PM.
    JIM
    Kona Golf Sales

WIB-

What Day is it?

But Be Sure They Will Be
    TLT & TFT & Spined /Flo'd
    Single Length Irons and Hybrids

Comment

Thanks Jim. Will be interested to find out which pros are using/testing if you can find out. Have fun at the PGA show! (plus you are missing all the freezing temps here!)

Comment

I played approx 15 rounds while on a recent vacation and can now report back.

I built a set of Wishon 555C 5i - AW + Micro Groove HM with the Nunchuk xi Precision Iron Shafts.

Built to TLT specs, TFT, MOI

Like the other Nunchuk's these are BUTT trim only, weigh in at 104 grams @ 40 " raw length.

I personally am very impressed with these Shafts.

The easiest way to summarize is " the performance of Steel with all of the advantages of graphite. "

What impressed me most was the forgiveness of this set. I am embarrassed to say that I did not have stellar play and hit a lot of bad shots, mostly toe hits... but with the exception of a Shank ( yep i said it) not one shot was out of play. A little to the right and a little short, but still in play. Furthermore the ball flight was straight, more like a push, rather than a slice.

This shaft is very stable. I believe it is a result of the weight of these shafts.

Solid contacts were absolutely sweet.

Bad shots - no vibration or harshness.

no ballooning, great ball flight,

Distance - as good or better than anything else I have ever hit. More important to me was the fact that the distance between clubs was very consistent @ 10 yds or so.

Great feel in the wedges as well.

Easy to work the ball.

My bag is now all Nunchuck - except for putter.

Now I need to work on the swing. ( I am in the middle of a swing change...That's my story and I sticking to it!)
        Last edited by Kona Golf; Mar 31, 2013, 08:19 PM.
        JIM
        Kona Golf Sales

WIB-

What Day is it?

But Be Sure They Will Be

Comment

Originally posted by Kona Golf View Post
          Like the other Nunchuk's these are tip trim only, weigh in at 104 grams @ 40 " raw length.
          I think this should say "butt trim only". What is the price for these shafts? I really like the driver shaft and may be interested in testing these as well.
          What's in the bag?
          Ping G400Max 10.5
          Ping G25 16.5& 21
          Titleist 816H1 25
          Callaway X-Forged 5-PW
          Cleveland RTX 3 51,56,62
          Odyssey Tank Cruiser Two Ball Fang

Comment

Originally posted by SRT4SS View Post
            I think this should say "butt trim only". What is the price for these shafts? I really like the driver shaft and may be interested in testing these as well.
            Thanks....Still in Hawaii! -

Fixed!

List price is $75 each ....

Just contact me to arrange demo....

In the past, as many of you know, demo's were on the "Honor" system. Unfortunately, I lost a TM Tipped Nunchuk last year to a TGN'r and will not be able to offer the same program without taking a deposit.

(unless he is kind enough to return it or pay for it)

It only takes one!
            Last edited by Kona Golf; Mar 31, 2013, 08:28 PM.
            JIM
            Kona Golf Sales

WIB-

What Day is it?

But Be Sure They Will Be

Comment

I met Jim a couple of weeks ago and we were talking about the nunchuk. Thinking about putting it in my irons. I currently play an i20 head with a KBS 90 tour shaft. Anyone out there has put the graphite iron shafts in play and provide some feedback?

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 165,108   Posts: 1,729,802   Members: 45,784   Active Members: 170
              Welcome to our newest member, JWhiz.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
              X