Vokey SM5 Wedge Finishes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vokey SM5 Wedge Finishes

Hello Fellow Nuts,

I am getting ready to pick up a couple of SM5 wedges and wanted to get your opinion on which finish to get. I really like the Raw Black but have been told the finish come off pretty much after the first round and looks like crap after that.

Your thoughts....

Re: Vokey SM5 Wedge Finishes

They dont Wear that Bad although they do obviously wear after some use, i personally like the look with some wear. I find i gives u confidence to see where your hitting the ball on the Sweet spot. Just my 2 cents

Comment

I've seen plenty of pictures around the web with the Raw black wedges with about 15-20 rounds on them. Usually the first to start wearing is the face with just some silver scratches from contact. I haven't seen one completely worn with rust (also curious to see that).

Comment

Thanks Guys for the response...

I went with the Raw Black finish - they look great! I will post back to this thread in Oct 2015 to let you know how they wear....

Comment

Other than the faces, I'm guessing that keeping the heads clean and dry after each use will prevent corrosion stains....

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
            Thanks Guys for the response...

I went with the Raw Black finish - they look great! I will post back to this thread in Oct 2015 to let you know how they wear....
            What? October? We're just getting warmed up by then. Report back when we hang 'em up in December.
            – Greg

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X