No announcement yet.
Collapse

Orange Whip? Thoughts?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only saw one at a Winners and swung it a few times in store. Couldn't feel much of anything so I didn't bother with a purchase.

Comment

Use one primarily for warm up. Great for stretching and keeping timing tight.

Comment

I just got my Sklz yesterday but really like it so far. Used it to warm up on the range this afternoon and had the best ball striking day I’ve had in awhile (yesterday’s was awful). My only complaint is that the grip is awful and has started to come off after 20-30 swings. I’ll likely pull it and either reinstall it or put on something a little nicer that I have laying in the garage. For $60 on Amazon, it’s highly recommended.

Comment

This could be the best golf aid ever sold imo.i let another guy swing it today and he was going to order one .more to follow up on later in the season.

Comment

Another good range session this morning. This thing is great if you’re like me and you tend to get quick and out of sync.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcfan18 View Post
              I just got my Sklz yesterday but really like it so far. Used it to warm up on the range this afternoon and had the best ball striking day I’ve had in awhile (yesterday’s was awful). My only complaint is that the grip is awful and has started to come off after 20-30 swings. I’ll likely pull it and either reinstall it or put on something a little nicer that I have laying in the garage. For $60 on Amazon, it’s highly recommended.
              Orange Whip - How It's Made

Seems the grip is just slid on using the compressor method WITHOUT solvent/tape...don't understand why they'd do that.

Go behind the scenes at the Orange Whip manufacturing facility to see how the Orange Whip is made. You'll get a "never been seen before" look into Golf's #1 ...

Comment

I've never had an issue with the grip on my Orange Whip and I've had it for over 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TeetoGrnr View Post
                  Orange Whip - How It's Made

Seems the grip is just slid on using the compressor method WITHOUT solvent/tape...don't understand why they'd do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-yJ0He-k7I
                  I've got a few buddies that blow grips on and don't use tape or anything of that nature. It's not too uncommon.

I always use tape, just to be safe.

Comment

The same guy who swung mine gave me 100 bucks for mine today ,2nd whip has been ordered.

Comment

40in or 48in, which is better for overall use.

Comment

I believe in the 48 inches.

Comment

By coincidence, my BiL showed up for a visit on Sunday and had one of these in his trunk.

I tried it out and really liked the feel of it.

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered the SKLZ off Amazon.

Even if it doesn't help the swing, it's a terrific warm up tool.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by boober View Post
                            40in or 48in, which is better for overall use.
                            48 for sure.

Can always choke down on it as well

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                              By coincidence, my BiL showed up for a visit on Sunday and had one of these in his trunk.

I tried it out and really liked the feel of it.

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered the SKLZ off Amazon.

Even if it doesn't help the swing, it's a terrific warm up tool.
                              I have the 48" SKLZ myself. I bought it after seeing it in a guy's bag in Myrtle. Asked him what it was and he offered to let me try it out.

I don't use it as often as I should to work on tempo, but as you mentioned, it's great for warming up and stretching out to avoid being completely stiff and cold on the first tee.

It does seem a little silly, but I want to change the grip on mine as someone else mentioned - I use midsize grips and the grip it come with feels too slim and I have to grip it too tightly.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X