No announcement yet.
Collapse

Free dozen golf balls - what to choose?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free dozen golf balls - what to choose?

As previously suggested you could get the most expensive and sell them......but I (personally) would be glad to win the competition and treat it in that spirit by getting the balls that i personally would use!

Unfortunately in my case they wouldnt be expensive as i use the srixon ad333's...........but that is what i would choose as it would save me the trouble of going to buy some and when i was teeing off i could recount the story of my winning them to my playing partners and bore them senseless
    currently in my bag are:

Driver: Srixon Ad-403 10.5*
    4wood:Srixon Ad-403 16.5*
    2 x rescues: Mizuno fli hi clk 20* + 23*
    Irons: Mizuno mx-17's
    Wedges: Mizuno tour style 52*+56*+60*
    Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C-series
    Ball: Srixon AD333.

Comment

Originally posted by laxgolf
      How about the NXT Tour or Pinnacle Platinum Feel?

I like both the ProV1x and Taylor Made Black, but for my money I've played the NXT Tour for the past couple of years. Given the advancements in equipment technology (drivers/wedges) and ball production quality over the past 5 years or so, I honestly don't believe that there's any benefit for me to play the expensive balls. After some late season testing success, next year I'm planning on exclusively playing the Pinnacle Platinum Feel. It's a very solid performer at a quarter the price of the big boys.
      Didn't try out the Pinnacle PF's this year. I hated the TM Blacks, too hard for me as I really jumped out of shoes swinging at the ball.
      4 Hybrid: Nickent 3DCX Ironwood, UST Proforce V2
      Irons: 5 - PW Snake Eyes 600 XC TT
      Wedges: Wishon PCF Micro Tour 51*, 55*
      and Wishon PCF 59*, Rifle Spinners for all wedges.
      Putter: Macgregor Bobby Grace M6.4K 31"
      All clubs heavily pimped, halerized, and just plain bad azzed by Ian Hale, fitter extrodinaire.

Comment

Originally posted by leftintherough
        Didn't try out the Pinnacle PF's this year. I hated the TM Blacks, too hard for me as I really jumped out of shoes swinging at the ball.
        If you've tried the NXT Tours or Extreme's, the Pinnacle PF's are pretty much the same ball. I didn't like the TM red as I found it spun a little too much off the tee. The Black just seemed to fit me better, but they're pricey so I opt for the mid-level balls.

That's the beauty of having options. No one is the same. What works for me won't work for everyone.
        Cobra S2 10.5 - Stock Fuji
        Cobra Baffler TWS 20 - Aldila NVS
        Cobra Baffler TWS 23 - Aldila NVS
        5-PW Mizuno MX23 - DGS300
        Mizuno MP-R 52.07 - DGS300
        X-Forged MD 56 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
        X-Forged MD 60 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
        Odyssey Black Tour Design #9
        Titleist ProV1x

Comment

Originally posted by duffer den
          Not sure if anyone else here was fortunate enough to be one of the first 250 LeaderBoard members to complete a recent Golf Town research survey, but I did and so I now get to select a FREE dozen golf balls of my choice.

I don't really buy golf balls but I do find a lot of good balls when playing and so I have had exposure to a wide variety - ProV1s are nice and all but not sure that they should be my default choice. Interesting that I could get a dozen ProV1s, valued at about $50, or I could get Top-Flite D2 Feel or Distance, valued at $19 (and a 15 pack at that). Not sure if I could negotiate to get two of these, or something like the Precept Laddie X 24pk, valued at $28. For me I would rather have more than less, especially since all I need is a good golf ball - not a great one. I don't have a high swing speed, I don't spin balls on the green, and I am just a regular golfer who gets out 10-20 times a year and shoots in the mid 80s, low 90s.

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts or advice. I know there are various "ball discussion" threads that I have looked at in the past, but I think this is a bit more unique since it is not my coin - just my choice. I haven't yet asked at a GT store what my options are, but the certificate seems to be pretty clear with "dozen balls" - it doesn't state anything about the value.
          As a followup, this is what I did. I redeemed the certificate at the end of December for a box of Pro V1s. I then went to another Golf Town and exchanged that box for the 24pack of Laddies, along with a 15pack of Top Flite D2 Feels. Still had $3 in credit and I could have got a 2pack of Nike Ignite but used it against a $10 item instead. So 39 decent golf balls instead of 12 great ones - I like what happened!

Comment

As a followup, this is what I did. I redeemed the certificate at the end of December for a box of Pro V1s. I then went to another Golf Town and exchanged that box for the 24pack of Laddies, along with a 15pack of Top Flite D2 Feels. Still had $3 in credit and I could have got a 2pack of Nike Ignite but used it against a $10 item instead. So 39 decent golf balls instead of 12 great ones - I like what happened!
            thats the best deal I have heard of yet

Comment

Wow, sounds alot like a recommendation that someone made in post #7...

Great decision, I played both those balls last year. The Precept was my ball of choice.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X