What makes a good cart bag?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a good cart bag?

Last year I got a 3 wheel push cart.
    Needless to say, I have not carried since I got the cart.
    My current bag is a basic carry bag and does not fit that well in the cart....
    Yep..I am looking for a cart bag... but not sure what to look for!

What works, what is eye candy...?

1) separate club dividers; should they go all the way down?
    2) separate putter slot outside the main bag?
    3) beverage cooler?
    4) slot for kitchen sink?

Also, if you do have a recommendation (or what to not buy), post away.

Thanks RR.
    SMT DB Plus w Enzo 50 / Versus 15*, 18* w XT 70s / Adams Pro 23* w KBS steel
    NAK NP1 P - 5i w KBS steel / Mizuno MP T 53*, 58* Vokey spin mill 63*/ tweaked Detour

Re: What makes a good cart bag?

3) beverage cooler?

I bought a Wilson Staff carry bag and a Wilson Staff cart bag. Can't decide, but the cart bag does have 14 dividers (seem to go all the way down), beverage pocket (a must -it's a big bag anyway -why not devote a pocket to this -you only need so many pockets), separate putter well(inside-at end of bag) and a built in hood (instead of sink). Only weighs 4.8 pounds -lighter than a lot of stand bags -its made light for the new 3 wheel carts -it also has a rounded top and bottom to fit well onto the push cart -so it won't spin -the most annoying thing on a push or pull cart. $75 at golftown.
    Staffnut

Comment

First thing that I learned is that with a BagBoy cart, You MUST get a bag that is ROUND at the bottom....my Wilson cart-bag (which is the best/most versatile bag I've ever owned, doesn't stay straight)...think I'm gonna get one of those BagBoy bags with the revolving holder, seems to work well when I tested it in a store in Myrtle Beach. Anyone have one? Opinions on THIS bag in particular is what I'd like to see?
      (contrary to popular threads on the matter, I'm not a bit Oggio or Sun Mountain-fan!)
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I just bought a clicgear and an Ogio Exodus (gold/blue). I like the look of the dual handle, ball silo, and a whack of pockets and dual drink holders.

If my dealer of choice carried bagboy, I may very well have gone with the Bag Boy NXT Revolver w/GripLok tech. I recommended it to my mother, and she absolutely loves it. I can see how it's fantastic pulling every club from the top slot versus fighting to get to the low ones. She's got a conventional 2 wheel pull cart.
        Everybody wants a slice of winner - dekker

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter
          First thing that I learned is that with a BagBoy cart, You MUST get a bag that is ROUND at the bottom....my Wilson cart-bag (which is the best/most versatile bag I've ever owned, doesn't stay straight)...think I'm gonna get one of those BagBoy bags with the revolving holder, seems to work well when I tested it in a store in Myrtle Beach. Anyone have one? Opinions on THIS bag in particular is what I'd like to see?
          (contrary to popular threads on the matter, I'm not a bit Oggio or Sun Mountain-fan!)
          -you're right you must get a bag that is round -top and bottom are nice. The Wilson bag I just bought is -I guess the manufacturers are finally listening. Ps-is the revolving holder or revolver holder -just kidding -but it would get those old guys playing for nickels to speed up if you fired a warning shot.
          Staffnut

Comment

This one's easy. My 30 year old Tom Watson model Ram bag holds 24 cans of my favourite beverage. We refuse to pay Clublink 30 bucks for 4 beers. By the way is it just me or are courses making more on the beers than they are on greens fees?

Comment

round at the bottom is smart as my Tommy Armour cart bag is triangular and a real pain as it never sits right and sort of twists itself sideways hiding some pockets around the back. I new the deal on that bag was to good. lol
              Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

I haven't mounted my Ben Hogan bag to my new Bagboy express 180 yet, but the cart seems to have an expansion adjustment for bigger bags. I think mine will fit fine. A blue 3 wheel beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt
                  This one's easy. My 30 year old Tom Watson model Ram bag holds 24 cans of my favourite beverage. We refuse to pay Clublink 30 bucks for 4 beers. By the way is it just me or are courses making more on the beers than they are on greens fees?
                  You've got your priorities straight. Last year I started playing with a new golf buddy. I asked if he wanted a beer -he said not while he's playing. I said ok, I am playing poorly I'm going to have a beer. I play better after a beer. I really started to play well while he continued to struggle. He then asked me for a beer and surprise, he started playing better. Now he makes his own beer that he brings to the course to share.

PS -do each of your buddies carry 24 as well. Can't beat those old Ram clubs either.
                  Staffnut

Comment

Originally posted by Rough Ranger
                    Last year I got a 3 wheel push cart.
                    Needless to say, I have not carried since I got the cart.
                    My current bag is a basic carry bag and does not fit that well in the cart....
                    Yep..I am looking for a cart bag... but not sure what to look for!

3) beverage cooler?

Thanks RR.
                    Separate Club divider is a MUST
                    Separate Putter divider is a MUST
                    Beverage cooler Nice but if your using a cart buy from the cart girl
                    Kitchen Sink All bags have lots of pockets.

The important thing to look at pockets is accessibility from a either power or push cart. On a power cart you want the stuff you use the most facing forward eg: tees, balls, gloves...

On a push cart it depends on what type of push cart your using some have allot of the options you may want on your bag, such as places to put a pop, tees, and extra balls. IMO look for a bag that work well, a bag is like a club no matter how good it looks it is a tool and it is made to do a specific job. I have a Sun Mountain C-130 ( I believe on if not the best power cart bags). Now I have used it on a course push cart and depending on the push cart it works well or it sucks. First thing I did when I spent my $200 bucks for my bag was not to worry about how it looked or if it had a specific club name, because at the end of the day I knew I was changing my clubs and the name did not matter on the side of the bag. Go for function and form, don't get caught up in the pretty colors.
                    Thanks

Zuggy
                    In The Bag
                    Diver: King Cobra Speed LD M OS 460cc
                    3Wood: King Cobra Speed LD M OS
                    5 Wood King Cobra Speed LD M OS
                    Hybrids: Adam A2 0S
                    Irons: Adam A2 0S
                    Sand Wedge: Ping
                    Putter: Heavy Putter B3

Comment

Originally posted by hoganben
                      You've got your priorities straight. Last year I started playing with a new golf buddy. I asked if he wanted a beer -he said not while he's playing. I said ok, I am playing poorly I'm going to have a beer. I play better after a beer. I really started to play well while he continued to struggle. He then asked me for a beer and surprise, he started playing better. Now he makes his own beer that he brings to the course to share.

PS -do each of your buddies carry 24 as well. Can't beat those old Ram clubs either.
                      Actually Golf Digest did a study a few years ago on the subject of drinking and golfing. It found that you do two things better when playing under the influence. You hit the ball further and you putt better.

Comment

Haha, I'm going to have to say definitely must have 1) to 3). I can fit 2 full size gatorades in my beverage cooler slot and my husband always gives me the drinks since I'm pulling and he carrys. A pocket for 4) may be a bit too big dontcha think? But it most certainly needs to have a separate pocket big enough to hold a make up bag and wallet and jewellry/watch. A pocket to hold a light dryfit jacket, bug repellent and sunscreen. Another slot to hold a golf umbrella. And additional pockets to hold sunglasses, cell phone, or keys. haha can you tell that I actually need to be power carting it most of the time?
                        You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
                        Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
                        Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
                        Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Originally posted by hoganben
                          I bought a Wilson Staff carry bag and a Wilson Staff cart bag. Can't decide, but the cart bag does have 14 dividers (seem to go all the way down), beverage pocket (a must -it's a big bag anyway -why not devote a pocket to this -you only need so many pockets), separate putter well(inside-at end of bag) and a built in hood (instead of sink). Only weighs 4.8 pounds -lighter than a lot of stand bags -its made light for the new 3 wheel carts -it also has a rounded top and bottom to fit well onto the push cart -so it won't spin -the most annoying thing on a push or pull cart. $75 at golftown.
                          Bang on, picked it up today (last one at the GT in London).
                          Can't beat the features for the money.
                          Thanks Ben!
                          SMT DB Plus w Enzo 50 / Versus 15*, 18* w XT 70s / Adams Pro 23* w KBS steel
                          NAK NP1 P - 5i w KBS steel / Mizuno MP T 53*, 58* Vokey spin mill 63*/ tweaked Detour

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of the Beach
                            Haha, I'm going to have to say definitely must have 1) to 3). I can fit 2 full size gatorades in my beverage cooler slot and my husband always gives me the drinks since I'm pulling and he carrys. A pocket for 4) may be a bit too big dontcha think? But it most certainly needs to have a separate pocket big enough to hold a make up bag and wallet and jewellry/watch. A pocket to hold a light dryfit jacket, bug repellent and sunscreen. Another slot to hold a golf umbrella. And additional pockets to hold sunglasses, cell phone, or keys. haha can you tell that I actually need to be power carting it most of the time?
                            4/ kitchen sink -Hey, your husband should at least get you a dishwasher. PS -you'll always have him nearby if your carrying the drinks. PS- I've put cognac in my gatorade before.
                            Staffnut

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X