Collapse

high end balls

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high end balls

I have been playing Strata Tour ace balls lately and I love them. I can spin these when I need to and I can hop and stop amazingly well.

What other high end balls do you guys recomend, does anyone play any that they feel compare to the Tour Ace balls. For the record I have played Pro V, Rev EXT, One Gold, HX Blue and some others lower balls.

I like the Strata Tour Ace the best, next would be the one golf, though I can't pull them back on the green when I want to. The Pro V and HX Blue, both spin almost to well, there are times they come back when I want them to stop, also they are slightly shorter off the tee. The Rev EXT is a good ball, but just doesn't fell the same to me.

So any other suggestions, how about suggestions for a cheaper ball that works well? I have hit the NXT's and neither spins the way I would like.

Re: high end balls

I have been playing the HX Red lately and love it. It spins like mad, and it feels very nice off the club. I have also heard from others that the Hogan Hawk is a great ball for the money. I think they are $34 a dozen.
    "Golf's a grand game. It combines the skill of billards, with the mystery of gardening." David Merry

Comment

Are the reds long off the tee? I tried the blues, they played very well everywhere but off the tee for me.

I found a hawk a few weeks ago, maybe I should dig through the bag and give it a try.

Comment

Callaway HX Tour great ball long off the tee, action packed on the greens
        Weapons of Choice
        Titleist 905T 10.5* w/ Aldila NV 65S

TM 3*15 V-Steel / DG R300
        TM 4*16.5 V-Steel / DG R300
        TM 5*18 V-Steel / DG R300
        5-PW King Cobra 3100 I\H NS Pro Stiff
        TM RAC TP 52.08 & 56.12 Y-Cutters
        TM Rossa Sport-2 Indy
        Nike One Platinum

Comment

I haven't tried them before, but the Precept U-Tri Tour may be an option.
          Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
          TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
          TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
          Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
          TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
          Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
          Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
          LAB Mezz, Accra
          Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Does anyone have any advice on Balls that reduce the spin off the tee... helping ensure and cut shoots don't go tooo far of the fairway???
            Golf, Squash... More Golf... Then Squash again... Life is good...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemakeitso
              Does anyone have any advice on Balls that reduce the spin off the tee... helping ensure and cut shoots don't go tooo far of the fairway???
              I've found that rocks don't get too much sidespin .

Actually, I believe that most 'distance' balls are supposed to reduce side spin. I'm finding that with regular MaxFli Noodles, my banana drives are quite a bit straighter.
              When I play golf, I always hit the ball really good, but then it always goes someplace really bad.

Comment

I really like the Bridgestone b330, for all the same reasons that I like ProV, One Black, Hogan, etc - the feel, spin, control, etc. HOWEVER, I find that these balls all wear too quickly, especially on courses that allow numerous opportunities to hit full, short irons/wedges. Anything from 7 iron down, in my bag of Mizuno MP32s and Cleveland wedges can shave these premium balls real easy. The Bridgestones are quite a bit more durable, yet I feel they match these other premium balls quite easily.

All this being said, I am playing Nike One Black as I have 6 dozen. Long story short, went to local pro shop to buy b330, out of stock. I decide to try Nike One black. Owner gives me a complimentary 2 ball sleeve of black Nike One balls (black cover with gold graphics). I walk out, drive home - all the while thinking "WTF am I going to do with these? Get a fish tank maybe and use as seascape???" - Nah, feeding fish could take away from golf time... Anyway, as with anything useless, I quickly look to ebay. People are paying up to $78CDN for 2 (yes, two) Nike One Black on Black golf balls (goto ebay.ca, advanced search, completed auctions and enter Nike One Black on Black). I put them up on the 'bay and low and behold, $36. I go back to proshop and buy up his remaining stock at about $60 each dozen. Sold them for over $200, so the price for the actual Nike Ones that I will keep and play, enters the Canada Cup price range. Ahhh, ebay, one's man's junk - is that man's retirement fund...

Albert
                Albert

Oh yeah, sticks:
                driver - TM 510 TP
                3 wood - TaylorMade V-steel with some purple shaft
                3-pw - Mizuno MP-37
                52* - Nike SV
                56* - Cleveland 588
                putter - Yes! Emma
                home course - somewhere near London... maybe...
                website - www.akrus.ca

Comment

Personally i am a Nike one balck guy. From what it sounds like you way want to try the Nike One Platinum or the HX Tour 56. Both are very long off the tee and spin alot into the greens. It will be difficult to find Tour aces soon as i beleive they have discontinued the ball.

Which I just love as well, everytime I find a great ball that I fall in love with they discontinue it. Happened with the Maxfli Tour Elite, Titliest Professional, Maxfli A 10, etc.....

Don't you just love golf manufacturers.

Swaaain
                  WITB:

Stage 2 Tour / Accra CB 55 M4
                  Stage 2 Tour 16.5 / Accra Tour Z LS 65 M4
                  Adams A12 Tour 3,4 / Accra Dymatch RT S3 M4
                  Miura 501 CB / Accra Hybrex M4
                  Titleist TVD Wedgeworks
                  Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
                  Scotty Cameron Knuckelhead
                  Ball: Lethal

Comment