/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Ebay (fleabay)Issue From Buyer Need Advice!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been down this road before. eBay will side with the buyer. They protect buyers, not the seller. The buyer can request for a return for 'items not as described'. Just something as stupid as having different grips then oem can be ' item not as described'. In the end, you will be left with paying for the shipping and the fees if the buyer exercises this. Unfortunate reality. That's why I refuse to sell on eBay now. My advice would be to ask what the buyer wants. Offer a credit of $20 or something to settle. Going down the resolution case will probably cost you more money and stress

Comment

What a crappy situation. The buyer is a complete A-S-S.
      The $20 refund could be seen as an admission of guilt. I wouldn't offer it.
      Stick to your guns, you'll be mad at yourself if you cave into such a jerk.

Is the buyer by chance selling anything ?
      If so, post his link and I'll pester him with a million useless questions.
      Last edited by ARL67; Oct 11, 2017, 06:29 PM.
      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S​
      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      ​
      Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip​
      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
        tongue and cheek.
        Not to be 'that guy' or anything but it's "tongue in cheek".

Comment

tongue and cheek. I talk to colleagues in montreal, and laval everyday ... they seem to have a good sense of humour.
          sunshiNee,
          You don't have to feel bad about this stuff, my Jewish friends can't get enough of my Jewish jokes they love'm.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
            What a crappy situation. The buyer is a complete A-S-S.
            The $20 refund could be seen as an admission of guilt. I wouldn't offer it.
            Stick to your guns, you'll be mad at yourself if you cave into such a jerk.

Is the buyer by chance selling anything ?
            If so, post his link and I'll pester him with a million useless questions.
            Nope they aren't selling anything. Unfortunately.
            I'm sticking to my guns on this as I have little chance otherwise. I'm pretty determined.
            PING CAMO BAG...
            WEAPONS...
            SRIXON ZX5 10.5
            3W TM M2
            HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
            5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
            LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
            3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post

I like your idea but the problem is that ebay has their control on things and it says my only options are to accept a refund and it would mean i have to not only eat the shipping i already paid but i would have to reumburse the buyer for his shipping back to me...thats the only choice other than contesting things, which i chose. its crazy. just nuts.
              That is ridiculous.

I know this buyer sounds like a pain in the *** - my only other suggestion to add onto this is contact him directly and say "I'm going to contest this to the end. The only way I won't is if you meet XYZ conditions and I will happily take the clubs back". Essentially, I guess I'm maybe being too nice and giving this guy a chance to be a reasonable person outside of eBay. If he comes back and contests this offer, then I'd say you gave him a last chance and I'd hold my ground and say sorry I tried to meet in the middle, the clubs are yours now. LOL.

The last bit of info I'd suggest is - you mentioned you'd talked with Teitlist re the grips/shafts etc... do you have that in writing? Essentially, I'm saying you should have something tangible from them that proves the clubs aren't "counterfeit" - if you have photos, ask them the same Qs this guy did and have someone from Teitlist respond in writing that you can show to this guy, eBay, et al. to shut down that silly argument.

Comment

Originally posted by parkie View Post

That is ridiculous.

I know this buyer sounds like a pain in the *** - my only other suggestion to add onto this is contact him directly and say "I'm going to contest this to the end. The only way I won't is if you meet XYZ conditions and I will happily take the clubs back". Essentially, I guess I'm maybe being too nice and giving this guy a chance to be a reasonable person outside of eBay. If he comes back and contests this offer, then I'd say you gave him a last chance and I'd hold my ground and say sorry I tried to meet in the middle, the clubs are yours now. LOL.

The last bit of info I'd suggest is - you mentioned you'd talked with * re the grips/shafts etc... do you have that in writing? Essentially, I'm saying you should have something tangible from them that proves the clubs aren't "counterfeit" - if you have photos, ask them the same Qs this guy did and have someone from * respond in writing that you can show to this guy, eBay, et al. to shut down that silly argument.
                Regarding offering to him to him anything. When I told him already that I would not accept any return as I did nothing wrong and was very detailed in my listing his reply was "we'll see about that".
                I'm sorry, that's not a guy that I'm going g to offer anything to. He will mess with me to the end. I can't circumvent ebay as I've heard horror stories about sellers getting screwed when you don't follow eBay rules. I could see some horror situation I make agreement then he didn't ship back somehow I get double screwed.
                I'm paranoid.

Regarding about * and shafts. he has the serial numbers I don't. I can't verify what I don't have. My pictures show serial numbers on the 6 iron and the gap wedge but are fuzzy on the serial because the pictures weren't intended to be of the serial numbers they were of the shafts.

What I mentioned was that I contacted * to answer the buyers questions (after he had already received them... Not before) about why there wasn't serial numbers on every shaft. * informed me stock loft and lie only gets serial on the 6 iron not full set.

Appreciate the support though.
                Last edited by sharkhark; Nov 2, 2017, 07:08 PM. Reason: Deleting personal information
                PING CAMO BAG...
                WEAPONS...
                SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                3W TM M2
                HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Have had this happen a few times
                  the only money you will be out is the shipping
                  PayPal and eBay fees will be returned when the order is canceled

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post

Appreciate the support though.
                    Good luck. Keep us posted.

Comment

tongue and cheek. I talk to colleagues in montreal, and laval everyday ... they seem to have a good sense of humour.
                      Original comment was unacceptable. It should have read "French Canadians", not "french Canadians".

Comment

I have been waiting for the conclusion to this as it seems unfair to the Seller, please advise outcome

Comment

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post
                          I have been waiting for the conclusion to this as it seems unfair to the Seller, please advise outcome
                          Won't know anything until Monday at the earliest. That's the date eBay's policy runs out on the requested return. I'll post when I know something. Thx
                          PING CAMO BAG...
                          WEAPONS...
                          SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                          3W TM M2
                          HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                          LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Latest update... My funds were released in PayPal from hold so I decided not to leave in the for future purchases & get them the hell out of there.
                            Clicked to get them transferred into my bank account it takes up to 3-5 business days they say.
                            But instead of the case closing due to no further replies from buyer to provide any proof etc I got this reply (edited a tiny bit to remove personal info).

Dear Craig,

Thank you for contacting eBay about the item “that you sold to your buyer “ I understand that your buyer claims that the item does not seem authentic. I know how important it is for you to get this issue resolved. Let me assist you further.

We appreciate all of your efforts in helping us getting this issue resolved. I have checked the details of the case and it shows that your buyer claims that the item does not seem authentic. Since your buyer has not responded since opening the claim, please be advised that we will be placing the case on hold for 5 days while we gather more information from your buyer. As soon as we hear from, we will let you know.

Thank you for your continued patience and for choosing eBay!

Sincerely,
                            A generic eBay name.

So you'd think they did nothing more and with zero proof it's in any way not authentic .... that ebay would close the case but for some reason they need 5 more days to "gather information from the buyer".

Arrrgh! We will see.
                            Last edited by sharkhark; Nov 2, 2017, 07:11 PM. Reason: Deleting personal information
                            PING CAMO BAG...
                            WEAPONS...
                            SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                            3W TM M2
                            HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                            LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

You won't believe my latest contact. First the reply above saying they'd have to keep looking into things for 5 more days.
                              Then this...

Dear Craig,

I am writing you on behalf of eBay. After reviewing the details of the case, I understand that the buyer is suspecting that the clubs they received is not authentic. I understand how it feels when a customer claims that their item arrived not what its supposed to be, authentic. Let me explain the status of the case.

Since the case was escalated to us and the buyer is complaining about the item’s authenticity, I have placed the case on a 10 days hold to investigate the case further. I hope that this does not come across incorrectly and I hope you understand that we need to do this in order to have a fair judgment on both parties.

To help you avoid a similar situation in the future, here are ways to avoid complaints that an item doesn't match the listing description.

-- Use a clear, complete, descriptive title.

-- Include the brand or artist, product name, and size in the description.

-- Imagine you're the buyer, and try to anticipate questions or concerns the buyer may have.

-- Consider the words you'd use to search for your item.

You can check the status of the case by going to the Resolution Center:

I see that you were able to respond to your buyer the first time they raised the issue. I appreciate your willingness to work to resolve this situation and I admire the professional way you have handled yourself.

In summary, since buyer doubted the authenticity of the item, I’ve placed the case on hold for 10 days to give us time to investigate on it further.

Thank you for choosing eBay!

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support
                              Last edited by sharkhark; Nov 2, 2017, 07:12 PM.
                              PING CAMO BAG...
                              WEAPONS...
                              SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                              3W TM M2
                              HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                              LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

But wait... Then I get this an hour later....

Dear Craig,

Good day! I’m contacting you about the return request your buyer has opened.

I have looked into this, and we decided to place the case on hold for 5 days to allow you to provide resolution to your buyer. As the item doesn’t match the listing description, you’ll need to pay for the return shipping, and once you get the item back refund the buyer the full cost of the item plus original shipping. Please know that if the hold expires without resolution to the buyer after 5 calendar days, we’ll close the return in the buyer’s favor and issue them with a refund, even if they haven’t returned the item.

There are a few ways you can facilitate the item’s return:

• -If you have a preferred courier, you may wish to send your own return shipping label to the buyer.

• -Find out the return shipping amount by using shipping calculators from the buyer's local carrier website (e.g. USPS for US), then issue the buyer with a payment through the “send money” option in PayPal.

• -Contact the buyer through eBay's messaging system and see if they’re willing to keep the item and accept a partial refund for the damage/missing parts.

• -Issue a full refund without needing the item to be returned – doing this will automatically close the return immediately.

It’s important to let the buyer know the option you chose. Also, please let us know by replying to this email or leaving a note in the Resolution Center.

If you’ve tried to resolve the complaint with the buyer but they’re unresponsive, please let us know.

You can find out more about return shipping costs in the Seller Center:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformat...Bay/index.html

I trust I've explained our policy clearly and I wish you all the best on eBay in future.

Thanks for choosing eBay!

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support
                                Last edited by sharkhark; Nov 2, 2017, 01:26 PM. Reason: Removing personal information
                                PING CAMO BAG...
                                WEAPONS...
                                SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                                3W TM M2
                                HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                                LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Collapse