Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Triton Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wilson Triton Driver

    Bought a Wilson Triton driver 10.5 from TGW cheap on a whim. I played 3 rounds with it and had a couple of sessions on the range. I was pleasantly surprised. I got a boring flight through the air and when I tuned it to a draw, received a nice curve. The control was excellent. Most of the drives found the fairway and the ones that didn't were close. It took awhile to get used to the tinny ping like the old Callaway square heads. I was so impressed I took my M2 out of the bag. Unfortunately my club closed due to the weather but I was impressed. Anyone else have comments about their Triton?

  • #2
    i tried it at GT last week...just for fun. it seems cheap enough that it's not that much of an investment. I think TGW works out to even cheaper. I don't mind any of it except for that 1:1 line on the top and how the club seems to chop off a bit at the end....but i like the shape/size of the face and balance. I could see myself giving it some time.

    Comment


    • #3
      In my ongoing search for a new Driver, this has been one that intrigues me (and also because I play Wilson irons--Di11)
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

      Comment


      • #4
        It is a fine driver that gets overlooked because of the brand and its unusual shape. It came within a nose of beating out my Cobra F6+.
        Taylor Made 2017 M1 10.5*, Kuro Kage TiNi 60 R
        2016 Cobra King Ltd. 15.5*, Rogue 90 R
        TM SLDR Hybrid 19.5*, Fujikura Speeder 82H R
        Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
        Cobra F7 One Length 5-GW, Flighted Steel S
        Bridgestone J15 54*, DG Spinner
        TM R Series EF TP ATV 58*, KBS Tour 120 S
        W/S 8802
        Lamkin 3Gen grips
        Srixon Q Star Tour ball


        "Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

        Comment


        • #5
          I forgot to mention that the TRITON originally sold for $449 USD. i got it for $149 USD. My pro said that there were no more in Canada as of October. I guess the nonconformity issue hurt sales along with the Wilson name hurt sales. Itís totally underrated.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jkor View Post
            I forgot to mention that the TRITON originally sold for $449 USD. i got it for $149 USD. My pro said that there were no more in Canada as of October. I guess the nonconformity issue hurt sales along with the Wilson name hurt sales. Itís totally underrated.
            Your pro is misinformed. We have six of them in the Ancaster store, more elsewhere.
            Taylor Made 2017 M1 10.5*, Kuro Kage TiNi 60 R
            2016 Cobra King Ltd. 15.5*, Rogue 90 R
            TM SLDR Hybrid 19.5*, Fujikura Speeder 82H R
            Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
            Cobra F7 One Length 5-GW, Flighted Steel S
            Bridgestone J15 54*, DG Spinner
            TM R Series EF TP ATV 58*, KBS Tour 120 S
            W/S 8802
            Lamkin 3Gen grips
            Srixon Q Star Tour ball


            "Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

            Comment


            • #7
              He went directly to the Wilson rep. I guess thatís why he got that answer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

                Your pro is misinformed. We have six of them in the Ancaster store, more elsewhere.
                How much are they? (or are you not allowed to say?) ....Maybe someone else can say!?
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

                Comment


                • #9
                  i tried looking online and couldn't find it on GT website. But i think i saw it for $249....if it dips to $149 i'll jump

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by doughboyr6 View Post
                    i tried looking online and couldn't find it on GT website. But i think i saw it for $249....if it dips to $149 i'll jump
                    Correct.

                    Taylor Made 2017 M1 10.5*, Kuro Kage TiNi 60 R
                    2016 Cobra King Ltd. 15.5*, Rogue 90 R
                    TM SLDR Hybrid 19.5*, Fujikura Speeder 82H R
                    Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
                    Cobra F7 One Length 5-GW, Flighted Steel S
                    Bridgestone J15 54*, DG Spinner
                    TM R Series EF TP ATV 58*, KBS Tour 120 S
                    W/S 8802
                    Lamkin 3Gen grips
                    Srixon Q Star Tour ball


                    "Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                      In my ongoing search for a new Driver, this has been one that intrigues me (and also because I play Wilson irons--Di11)
                      I think the range of adjustability is quite interesting but I feel a little skeptical about this review. A small sample size but an apparent shot bias. Could it be the club's standard length (45/75" I believe), when he probably games a driver that's no more than 45"? If so and with a small sample size, heel shots would make sense to me. I also love how sometimes/often reviewers seem to not quite be able to say they dislike a club and then will attempt to "save" the review at the end by seemingly grasping for compliments ("it looks good").
                      WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

                        I think the range of adjustability is quite interesting but I feel a little skeptical about this review. A small sample size but an apparent shot bias. Could it be the club's standard length (45/75" I believe), when he probably games a driver that's no more than 45"? If so and with a small sample size, heel shots would make sense to me. I also love how sometimes/often reviewers seem to not quite be able to say they dislike a club and then will attempt to "save" the review at the end by seemingly grasping for compliments ("it looks good").
                        That makes sense. Personally I disliked it a lot. It had no ballspeed for me at all in comparison to a lot of the others. I average about 145-148 ball speed. I was getting a bit more with G400 but I couldn't control launch and spin, and I had a decent run with M1 460 that gave me similar ball numbers. The Triton was often low 140s. It is a shame as I really liked the look of this thing (almost identical to my Spine I had around 10 years ago that was just awesome).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          FYI with the exchange rate, shipping and Canadian taxes the TRITON cost me $210 Canadian from TGW. Shipping was UPS expedited 3 days.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

                            I think the range of adjustability is quite interesting but I feel a little skeptical about this review. A small sample size but an apparent shot bias. Could it be the club's standard length (45/75" I believe), when he probably games a driver that's no more than 45"? If so and with a small sample size, heel shots would make sense to me. I also love how sometimes/often reviewers seem to not quite be able to say they dislike a club and then will attempt to "save" the review at the end by seemingly grasping for compliments ("it looks good").
                            fwiw, this Rick Shiels is quite highly regarded
                            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It really is a fine driver and if you use the supplied carbon sole plate, the noise level drops appreciably.
                              Taylor Made 2017 M1 10.5*, Kuro Kage TiNi 60 R
                              2016 Cobra King Ltd. 15.5*, Rogue 90 R
                              TM SLDR Hybrid 19.5*, Fujikura Speeder 82H R
                              Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
                              Cobra F7 One Length 5-GW, Flighted Steel S
                              Bridgestone J15 54*, DG Spinner
                              TM R Series EF TP ATV 58*, KBS Tour 120 S
                              W/S 8802
                              Lamkin 3Gen grips
                              Srixon Q Star Tour ball


                              "Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

                              Comment


                              Join The TGN Email List

                              Collapse

                              Recently Joined

                              Collapse

                              Topics: 158,345   Posts: 1,665,087   Members: 44,936   Active Members: 359
                              Welcome to our newest member, PS Golfer.

                              Today's Birthdays

                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard

                              Collapse


                              TGN Sponsors




                              TGN Sponsors

                              Working...
                              X