/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Artificial turf options for indoor putting green?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial turf options for indoor putting green?

I'm making a platform for a putting green out of 2x4s and now looking for the turf to put over it.

I read that some pros swear by the trunk liner carpet for a Toyota Camry, don't have much of an idea what to put under it though, presumably some sort of foam or rubber. This seems like it would also be the most cost efficient option, but who manufactures/sells made-for-purpose turf with the underlay already attached to it ready to be attached to the floor? Not interested in anything that requires professional installation. I see Synlawn and Synthetic Turf International as an option on google along with a few others, seems like a lot of the rest are resellers.

Would appreciate any input from anyone who's tried this before.

The "trunk liner" material is the same as the felt underlay used in quality carpet installations.
    If you were to lay the synth turf directly onto the wood,minus the underlay, the ball would roll noisy and likely too quick.
    A very good alternative is a 1/8 thick hard pressed foam underlay that comes mounted on plastic for staircase carpet installation. I laid my 15x3 ft.synth turf on such foam directly onto our roughed out basement's cement floor.The speed approximates a 9.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
      I'm making a platform for a putting green out of 2x4s and now looking for the turf to put over it.

I read that some pros swear by the trunk liner carpet for a Toyota Camry, don't have much of an idea what to put under it though, presumably some sort of foam or rubber. This seems like it would also be the most cost efficient option, but who manufactures/sells made-for-purpose turf with the underlay already attached to it ready to be attached to the floor? Not interested in anything that requires professional installation. I see Synlawn and Synthetic Turf International as an option on google along with a few others, seems like a lot of the rest are resellers.

Would appreciate any input from anyone who's tried this before.
      Hey honestly just go to home depot and buy some of the green outdoor carpet its perfect. I laid some out on my laminate floor in the basement and feel its really close to a decent green. Sure the ball rolls out more than it would on a real green but for practice purposes cant go wrong for the price. Good luck
      M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
      M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
      Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
      Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
      TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

I bought this mat you cant go wrong with the price. https://www.amazon.com/Putt-Bout-Put...=putting+green

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X