/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Anyone use a Samsung Gear Fit 2 with a golf app?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a Samsung Gear Fit 2 with a golf app?

Thinking of getting the Fit 2 for the gym and not bothering with a separate watch for golf. The Fit 2 works for me at the gym, just wanted to know if anyone used the golf apps. Any thoughts?

Got a Gear Fit 2 Pro for Christmas, although I haven't tried it on the course. There doesn't seem to be an ideal app for golf yet. Golf Pad seems to work the best, although it requires a premium membership to use it with your watch, and doesn't allow you to select the club you're using on the watch. The app uses the gps in your phone, which is more accurate, but requires you to have your phone in your pocket or your bag nearby.

I believe that the TaylorMade app uses the gps in the watch, which has had some issue in the past (google that one to get more info). I wasn't able to get a gps lock with the app, and the support message I sent received no response. Incidentally, I went for a run a couple of days ago, and gps tracking using MapMyRun worked perfectly.

The Gear Fit 2 isn't perfect, but they're going for cheap right now, and they work well as an all purpose fitness band, and you get the bonus of Spotify offline if you have a premium account.

Hope this helps.

Comment

That does help. Thank you

Comment

Previously I was using the TaylorMade myRoundPro with my Microsoft Band 2 for golf tracking.
        This worked great for one season, then TaylorMade stopped their Windows app support.
        Recently bought a Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro ($99 @ The Source) and am relucantly sticking my toe in the Android app pool.
        This season I'll be trying the myRoundPro app on the Gear Fit2 Pro.
        Also will continue using the mScorecard app on my Windows phone, although myRoundPro is a more comprehensive tool overall.
        I'll report back on how the Gear Fit2 Pro works on the links.

Comment

Haven't used that model but I tried the smartwatch /app route with a ticwatch E and golf pad app (love the app and use it on my phone with tags)

I just don't think the technology is there yet. The current landscape of smart watch batteries just aren't powerful enough to last 4 hours of constant GPS usage at least from my experience, and I tried every battery saving technique possible (granted the ticwatch E is no powerhouse, but still). Supposedly the next gen Qualcomm 3100 processors are supposed to help battery life but who knows. In a couple years I think it'll be ready
          Driver: Ping G410 LST 9*, Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X
          Fairway: Titleist TSi2 15*, Tensei AV RAW Blue 75 TX
          Utility: Cobra Speedzone 4 Iron (19*) MMT 105TX
          Irons: Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-GW, Project X LZ 6.0
          Wedges: CBX2 52, 56 and RTX4 62
          Putter: Odyssey Triple Track Double Wide

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse