Collapse

Taylor Made M4 Warranty question

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Made M4 Warranty question

I’ll have to post a pic later (clubs still in trunk) but before I forget I have a question about TM warranty.

Bought an M4 this spring at Golf Town. Was playing yesterday and noticed what appears to be a circular crack in the sole plate near the face of the driver. It almost looks like it comes off the circular ridges that extend back farther down the sole. It is pretty small. Less than a centimeter in diameter. Not 100% sure it is even a crack in ths sole or just a surface mark.

Anyway given that it was bought at GT do I go back to the store about warranty consideration or do I contact TM directly? Never had a warranty issue with a club before that I can recall.

Take it back to golftown. They will send it back for you.
    Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Originally posted by soccerguy1961 View Post
      Take it back to golftown. They will send it back for you.
      This. I had an issue with my M1, took it to GT, and 2 weeks later a new one was sent back to them which I picked up. They are very good to deal with (both GT and TM)
      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

TM is very good with warranties and stuff, I don't own their product but have several friends who sent over their stuff no questions asked and some got a sweet upgrade to a later model Maybe you'll get an M5? You're in good hands
        Cobra King F7
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
        Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
        Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

This. I had an issue with my M1, took it to GT, and 2 weeks later a new one was sent back to them which I picked up. They are very good to deal with (both GT and TM)
          I find that GT is good, but you have to stay on them. I’ve had a few warranty items over the years and have always had to call back a few weeks later to get the ball rolling again. I assumed Ping and TM would just send the item back, but both required me to call GT (who in turn called the company). Then, I had to call to check when it arrived. The one time the item had been sitting in the back for over a week.

For what it’s worth, I once warrantied an item with Callaway through the pro shop at Wyndance and the experience was smooth and the turn around was only a week.

Comment

As of 60 days ago, TM only accepts warranty claims via email from an authorized dealer. The email must include the receipt to verify the date of purchase. Turnaround is typically 2-3.5 weeks.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Well I guess I will head to GT then. I have the receipt. Here is a photo taken today.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	B86F3799-619D-4E02-831F-6865945CA2BC.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	2806246
              Attached Files

Comment

So the guy at GT pro shop thinks it is a scratch rather than a crack. No performance related issues and no change in sound at MOI. Says a crack would cause the gas inside to leak out and the head would start to collapse. We’ll continue to monitor it for any changes.

Comment

looks like a scratch to me
                  MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

It loaded super high res and massive when i clicked on it. I'm 99% sure that it is just a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBananaSlice View Post
                      It loaded super high res and massive when i clicked on it. I'm 99% sure that it is just a scratch.
                      Yeah, my eyes aren’t quite good enough to see the detail until I photed it and zoomed. If it is just a scratch, so be it but I’ve no idea how it got there on a 2 month old club. I tee the ball very high and never hit D off the deck. It doesn’t follow any swing plane either. Kind of weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                        So the guy at GT pro shop thinks it is a scratch rather than a crack. No performance related issues and no change in sound at MOI. Says a crack would cause the gas inside to leak out and the head would start to collapse. We’ll continue to monitor it for any changes.
                        Yes I agree it definitely looks like a scratch. In terms of gas leaking out - driver heads are not sealed units that hold any gas. Unless this is something new in the M4/M3 line....

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post

Yes I agree it definitely looks like a scratch. In terms of gas leaking out - driver heads are not sealed units that hold any gas. Unless this is something new in the M4/M3 line....
                          That’s what he told me. Thought someone else referenced it too.

Comment

I play an M4 and i highly doubt they are air tight and filled will any gas.

Comment

Definitely a scratch. You can see bare metal where the scratch extends into the black painted area.
                              10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                              16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                              20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                              4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                              Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays