Taylormade M2 vs Ping G series

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylormade M2 vs Ping G series

Hey guys,

So I'm torn between purchasing a set of M2 2017 irons, or a set of Ping Gs. Having hit both and seen similar results (both game improvement irons, both a noticeable improvement over my current set), I was wondering if anyone here has hit/used both and could offer any feedback.

Thank you in advance!

I play ping g’s. Have only hit 7/9/P of the M2 on course. I really like my pings. I noticed longer distances with the M2’s, but my buddy said the lofts might be stronger? Not sure though. I prefer the look of the pings over the Taylormades as well

Comment

Originally posted by brockmazz View Post
      I play ping g’s. Have only hit 7/9/P of the M2 on course. I really like my pings. I noticed longer distances with the M2’s, but my buddy said the lofts might be stronger? Not sure though. I prefer the look of the pings over the Taylormades as well
      Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.

Comment

Lots of problems with the face slots on the M2s bulging. We took in three sets last week for warranty work.
        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Found this video:

WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Are you buying new or used? G's can still be custom ordered through US retailers. Good choice of quality shafts for Ping, even the stock shaft is solid. Pings for me have a much nicer feel, M irons just feel like hitting the ball with a sledge hammer. Plus Pings have decent resale value. TM gets heavily discounted after year 1 and you can imagine what happens to trade in and resale value.

Comment

Buying new....I ordered the M2s off of Golftown online yesterday, but after reading these comments I'm wondering if I should take them back and spend the extra 80 bucks on the Gs

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X