Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone play KZG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play KZG?

Do any nuts play KZG irons or drivers? They look nice....

https://kzg.com

Still have a SP700j driver, CH II 3 wood , 4 -9 Forged ZO irons, and 50, 52, 56, 60, 9500R wedges. Beautiful clubs that I sometimes put in the bag, when my gamers misbehave. When I played 5-6 times a week the ZO's were a pure joy to hit.
    In The Ogio
    Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
    Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
    Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
    Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
    Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule56 View Post
      Still have a SP700j driver, CH II 3 wood , 4 -9 Forged ZO irons, and 50, 52, 56, 60, 9500R wedges. Beautiful clubs that I sometimes put in the bag, when my gamers misbehave. When I played 5-6 times a week the ZO's were a pure joy to hit.
      The satin ZO could well be the nicest looking blade iron ever made.

have used and built many KZG clubs over the years. They are fine quality and performers. Price point was/ is high though and so the audience I built for that was a limitation.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I have played the CH-1/11 woods in the past and presently play their original forged wedges. I picked up a used set of their forged blades (before ZO) for $70 in great shape and hit them very well. Their quality is as good as any but their price for new custom clubs puts them at the same level or higher than big brand names. I suppose it makes it a hard decision to buy comparable clubs from the relatively unknown KZG over names such as Mizuno, Titleist, and TaylorMade for perhaps less money.

I agree that the ZO blades are a contender for the nicest looking blades ever.

Comment

I have a mint set of the KZG Evolution Forged Irons which I usually game about once a year since I love how they feel if hit well.

Comment

I just priced the KZG ZO Plus but at $220/head I am more inclined to look into Miura
            Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Originally posted by storm View Post
              I just priced the KZG ZO Plus but at $220/head I am more inclined to look into Miura
              contact a dealer , likely to get a better price.
              Ebay is a good place to buy as well
              I've had several sets of KZG irons including the ZO and on ebay never paid over $300 for a shafted set. Yes used but always ex- mint

Comment

My youngest son still plays the KZG Forged Cavity Back irons and KZG Wedges.
                I offered to build him a Ping i20 set with Ping Tour Gorge Wedges and he said No.
                Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

contact a dealer , likely to get a better price.
                  Ebay is a good place to buy as well
                  I've had several sets of KZG irons including the ZO and on ebay never paid over $300 for a shafted set. Yes used but always ex- mint
                  That was through a dealer in Peterborough. $220+30$ labour per club with an X100.
                  Rip it and Sip it

Comment

That was through a dealer in Peterborough. $220+30$ labour per club with an X100.
                    Thats pretty outrageous pricing . I know KZG likes to have a high MAP but $220 is stupid. Tjis is probably a small time dealer who is selling at suggested MAP and likely who isnt getting any volume discounts. Im sure you can get them for less but probably still goung to be $150 a head. I'll see if any of my connections carry KZG, most dropped them years ago due to the lunatic in charge.

KZG are very decent clubs but grossly overpriced and marked up certainly not worth more than $100 a head max and you can get good forged heads for less than that

BTW Theres a used set of ZO with x100 on ebay now for $149 US

Comment

just bought some miura head 4/pw from a miura dealer in ireland for 700 shipped. Hard to sell the kzg irons since they are not known very well. Not sayiny they are not good but easier to get your money back with a Miura irons. Got the cavity back and they are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Thats pretty outrageous pricing . I know KZG likes to have a high MAP but $220 is stupid. Tjis is probably a small time dealer who is selling at suggested MAP and likely who isnt getting any volume discounts. Im sure you can get them for less but probably still goung to be $150 a head. I'll see if any of my connections carry KZG, most dropped them years ago due to the lunatic in charge.

KZG are very decent clubs but grossly overpriced and marked up certainly not worth more than $100 a head max and you can get good forged heads for less than that

BTW Theres a used set of ZO with x100 on ebay now for $149 US
                        Im a lefty. Even at $150/club I would be more inclined to stick with the OEM's
                        Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Im a lefty. Even at $150/club I would be more inclined to stick with the OEM's
                          if you plan on selling, true you don't by component clubs and worry about resale.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 164,208   Posts: 1,718,195   Members: 45,688   Active Members: 190
                          Welcome to our newest member, Kdaw11.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                          X