Collapse

Putter shafts?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putter shafts?

Curious if people are using upgrade shafts in their putters. I have a Byron GS DH-89 with a Matrix shaft in it, feels very smooth and stable that was installed by Ian at TXG when he was at MG and at that time every shaft was SST pured . But I have some putters with pencil shafts and the normal True Temper shafts. For me it is hard to tell the difference between the Matrix and the pencil shafts. I can easily get interested in upgrade shafts for anything but do you find a significant performance improvement with an upgraded shaft? Thank you for any replies.

I got the breakthrough shaft installed by TXG. Cant say anything about performance but feel is completely different then normal shaft. It felt heavy and give a slightly different feeling on solid putts.

If you are in the market for new putter I think the shaft is worth a try because it will change the feeling of your putter completely at about the same cost of buying new one

Comment

After seeing the data today, depending on how good of a putter you are (and probably your stroke style) a putter shaft can make a difference, I was sceptical at first but numbers don't lie. I _never_ would have considered torque in regards to my putter --- until now.

I have a pretty quick stroke IMO, maybe kinda Snedeker-like, and that BTG shaft showed some improvement for me.

Comment

I like the ACCRA putter shafts for my premium line. With 4 different bend points it creates a slightly different feel. I tend to like stiffer putter shafts so I have gone with the FX P400 shaft. These have good weight and do translate into a very good feeling shaft as an assembly.
        Regards
        Dan

True Length Technology TM
        Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
        True Frequency Technology TM
        - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
        - Master
        Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
        - Advanced / Professional
        Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
        - Class 'A'

Comment

Dan, huge fan of Accra and lately been thinking of a new putter and will likely have one put in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rifleman View Post
            Curious if people are using upgrade shafts in their putters. I have a Byron GS DH-89 with a Matrix shaft in it, feels very smooth and stable that was installed by Ian at TXG when he was at MG and at that time every shaft was SST pured . But I have some putters with pencil shafts and the normal True Temper shafts. For me it is hard to tell the difference between the Matrix and the pencil shafts. I can easily get interested in upgrade shafts for anything but do you find a significant performance improvement with an upgraded shaft? Thank you for any replies.
            Stability all the way. The heavy Matrix I liked when I tried it MG a few years ago. I haven't tried the Accra but I know some guys swear by them.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I really like it too. Was just talking this afternoon in Alabama (Tad Moore ) and he has a putter put away for me but with it being near Christmas and with the post office situation going to wait till the new year and then get it sent up. Huge fan of Accra (play all their shafts in my clubs) and will get an Accra for this one.

Comment

I have this Accra P1-95 I ordered with my Bettinardi and absolutely love it. I’m done experimenting as this is absolutely perfect for me.
                Attached Files
                Taylormade M2 10.5*
                Taylormade M2 15*,19*
                Adams Pro Black 9031 18*
                Ping i25 5-pw
                Cleveland 588 RTX 52*, 58*
                Machine M2A Converter

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews