Collapse

Ecco Biom Hybrid Shoes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecco Biom Hybrid Shoes

Looking at possibly getting my first pair of Ecco shoes. Thinking of getting the Boom Hybrid 2 but they aren't the GoreTex ones.

Can anyone comment on the level of water resistance they have? Will my feet still get wet in soggy conditions or should I just get a pair of waterproof (FJ/Sketchers at the top of my list if so)

I've had several pairs of Bioms, they are very comfortable. But theu are not waterproof, not even close. Playing early in the morning, I notice my feet are damp from the dew.

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
      I've had several pairs of Bioms, they are very comfortable. But theu are not waterproof, not even close. Playing early in the morning, I notice my feet are damp from the dew.
      Thanks for the input. Will definitely go the GoreTex/waterproof route. Appreciate it!

Comment

Ecco does make waterproof golf shoes

Comment

I have a pair and have no issues with wet feet. I’ve walked in rain and stepped in puddles and my feet were dry. Also I wouldn’t be able to wear the goretex shoes during peak golfing season as my feet would get too hot as the goretex would restrict the breatheability

Comment

Originally posted by ndrpar View Post
            Ecco does make waterproof golf shoes
            Yeah, but the non-waterproof ones are on sale for much less.

Originally posted by Karmagolf View Post
            I have a pair and have no issues with wet feet. I’ve walked in rain and stepped in puddles and my feet were dry. Also I wouldn’t be able to wear the goretex shoes during peak golfing season as my feet would get too hot as the goretex would restrict the breatheability
            So the GoreTex ones aren't very breathable at all?

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the Cool Pro? They are on sale on Ecco right now in all sizes and seem to be a good value.

Comment

I have 3 pairs of Bioms and 1 FootJoy in rotation currently. I have a 6 year old pair in the car for emergency golf that are still in good shape. The FJ's will be replaced at some point with Eccos. I usually walk a few mornings a week and waterproofing is as good or better than anything else I've had and comfort is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                  I have 3 pairs of Bioms and 1 FootJoy in rotation currently. I have a 6 year old pair in the car for emergency golf that are still in good shape. The FJ's will be replaced at some point with Eccos. I usually walk a few mornings a week and waterproofing is as good or better than anything else I've had and comfort is the best.
                  I walk all the time so looking to invest in a high quality pair that is waterproof (usually soggy here in Cape Breton) and spikeless.

Are your Bioms the goretex version?

Comment

Originally posted by 21lw View Post

I walk all the time so looking to invest in a high quality pair that is waterproof (usually soggy here in Cape Breton) and spikeless.

Are your Bioms the goretex version?
                    No. Yak.

All my shoes are spikeless and the ones my feet slip in occasionally are the FJ's.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

No. Yak.

All my shoes are spikeless and the ones my feet slip in occasionally are the FJ's.
                      I might invest in one of each. One Goretex, one yak.

Comment

At present, I own 10 pairs of ECCO shoes - and unfortunately, my wife now knows this . 4 other pair of golf shoes also. Some are 5-7 years old and are still as comfortable as they were when I got them. Bless Sportsyard for the last 5 pair as the costs were ridiculous....in the $60 range I remember going to GT in Woodbridge when ECCO brought out the 1st BIOM offering. Their GM at the time, who was a good friend, had me try them on...and as they say, the rest is history. Golfanything.ca years back was a go-to for ECCO as they also had stupid costing....but not anymore. And they have no stock.
                        The Yak leather is not 100% waterproof, and over time, if you spray with silicone protector, they will discolor a bit. The Goretex is waterproof, and is not a deal breaker in terms of heat IMO. The fit is great - all I look for is size 45 and I am good to go.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.
                        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          At present, I own 10 pairs of ECCO shoes - and unfortunately, my wife now knows this . 4 other pair of golf shoes also. Some are 5-7 years old and are still as comfortable as they were when I got them. Bless Sportsyard for the last 5 pair as the costs were ridiculous....in the $60 range I remember going to GT in Woodbridge when ECCO brought out the 1st BIOM offering. Their GM at the time, who was a good friend, had me try them on...and as they say, the rest is history. Golfanything.ca years back was a go-to for ECCO as they also had stupid costing....but not anymore. And they have no stock.
                          The Yak leather is not 100% waterproof, and over time, if you spray with silicone protector, they will discolor a bit. The Goretex is waterproof, and is not a deal breaker in terms of heat IMO. The fit is great - all I look for is size 45 and I am good to go.
                          Wow. $60 for Ecco is ridiculously cheap. My local options are nil. Has to be online unfortunately. Think I might get my wife a pair too so I won't hear anything about getting myself a pair

Comment

ECCO had the lowest prices on some models a few months ago. Always check there and Golfanything.

I bought my first goretex jacket in 1979, and have had a whole bunch of goretex products. I'll say this: They've never been totally waterproof for me, but they've always breathed pretty well except under impossible conditions (high temps, high humidity, high exercise). I do find it makes products hotter, so I avoid it for footwear as I've often got too hot feet.

Recently, I stopped worrying about getting wet. This applies (more or less) equally to golfing, skiing, running, cycling.... whatever. You get wet and maybe chilled for a bit, then you get in your car, go home, and get everything dry again. It's not really that big a deal.

As a guy who used to do a lot of very remote (days away from help) camping, I obsessed about keeping gear dry. Getting your tent and clothes and sleeping bag soaked could turn fatal in cold weather. But back in civilization, I realized it's not worth worrying too much about.

All that to say: Maybe you don't need to get the goretex model.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

And the $60 cost at the Sportsyard sales has been for the Goretex versions. Paul really brings value to our GTA market with great product and pricing.
                              My wife only found out when I closed my locker at my course at season's end and brought everything home. She was supposed to be out, and I didn't hear her coming down to the basement where I had ALL my gear laid out in one place. The tables looked like an ECCO shoe outlet. And since then, I have added 2 new pair....lol.
                              No good deed goes unpunished.
                              A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X