/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

LOW-SPIN SHAFTS (ACCRA ARTICLE BY SCOREGOLF'S RICK YOUNG)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Not sure how 'major' my flaw is, but no question I have a very steep angle of attack...
    What's your path? In-out or Out-in? I know you're a TM guy but the Titleist TS3 has gotten me some wicked numbers in fits with guys who have steep AoA...Dustin's I think is the EVO II I think, which is a Counterbalanced version. That can lead to hitting it high with lots of spin. I know every time I hit a CB shaft I flip the crap out of it because I can't tell where the head is.

Comment

M3, adjusted to 7.5 degrees, both weights far forward is my current set-up. The 661 TS I 'had' was the DJ version that I believe he still uses...
      Right off the bat, 7.5* loft with SS in upper 90's isn't helping you. I play with guys who are dialed in at 8.5* loft and have SS 110+. Plenty more variables to factor in that a fitting with Chris will bring out, but just can't understand why people seem to think that playing lower lofts in drivers is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post

What's your path? In-out or Out-in? I know you're a TM guy but the Titleist TS3 has gotten me some wicked numbers in fits with guys who have steep AoA...Dustin's I think is the EVO II I think, which is a Counterbalanced version. That can lead to hitting it high with lots of spin. I know every time I hit a CB shaft I flip the crap out of it because I can't tell where the head is.

You and me both! I've never been able to get along with CB shafts, especially the stock Ping Tour shafts....holy hell.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

Right off the bat, 7.5* loft with SS in upper 90's isn't helping you. I play with guys who are dialed in at 8.5* loft and have SS 110+. Plenty more variables to factor in that a fitting with Chris will bring out, but just can't understand why people seem to think that playing lower lofts in drivers is the answer.
          Honestly, it's just a matter of tinkering to get to what works...

Based on my M3 set-up, 7.5 degrees seems to work the best for me at this point, I hit it long in consideration of my age, and my flaws LOL - I'm so much more consistently straight and my fairways hit average has crossed 70% for the first time ever (I'm not as long as my M1, which was set at 8.75 degrees, but much more consistent at this stage of my relationship with this stick). ...

Laughing as I type this, as some would say 'What's the problem @sshole??', but if I can get a bit longer and maintain my fairways hit stats I would be an even happier man, or just shut up and focus on other areas that need more urgent work, or maybe I should see Chris...

Good times.

- Ian
          TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
          TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
          ā€‹* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
          TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
          TM TP5 Golf Ball
          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
          Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)
          ā€‹

Comment

Outside in Chris, It's not the Evo II (It's the first gen pictured below)...

Had the shaft for 3 years when I had it originally with the R15, and felt it was time for a change when I custom ordered the M3 last fall.
            Attached Files
            TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
            TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
            TM TP5 Golf Ball
            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

ā€‹

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
              [/B]

You and me both! I've never been able to get along with CB shafts, especially the stock Ping Tour shafts....holy hell.
              FORE RIGHT!!! For me anyways...

Comment

Outside in Chris, It's not the Evo II (It's the first gen pictured below)...

Had the shaft for 3 years when I had it originally with the R15, and felt it was time for a change when I custom ordered the M3 last fall.
                Yeah that's the highest launching version of them then. I think the TM one (like the Titleist version) were tweaked slightly for retail even though they were real. Fuji had some weird things out around then. Either way, let me know if I can help you figure it out sometime!

Comment

Yeah that's the highest launching version of them then. I think the TM one (like the Titleist version) were tweaked slightly for retail even though they were real. Fuji had some weird things out around then. Either way, let me know if I can help you figure it out sometime!
                  Thanks Chris!!
                  TM TP5 Golf Ball
                  Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

ā€‹

Comment

When I visited PhatChris in the fall for a fun driver fitting, that Accra 400 series knocked 800-1000 off my spin. I had never seen south of 2000 in my life on a LM until then, as I am mostly a high 2000 to low 3000 with my driver, and only a 96 SS these days. Impressive stuff !
                    šŸ 2023 WITB šŸā€‹
                    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60Sā€‹
                    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                    ā€‹
                    Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock gripā€‹
                    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                      When I visited PhatChris in the fall for a fun driver fitting, that Accra 400 series knocked 800-1000 off my spin. I had never seen south of 2000 in my life on a LM until then, as I am mostly a high 2000 to low 3000 with my driver, and only a 96 SS these days. Impressive stuff !
                      Impressive to say the least...

Iā€™m reviewing my schedule and am going to look towards booking some time with Chris when convenient.
                      TM TP5 Golf Ball
                      Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                      SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

ā€‹

Comment

7.5 loft with a very steep angle of attack. 19* launch and 3000+ rpm spin seems highly unlikely, almost defying physics. Might wanna get that launch monitor or your swing checked out to see what's up. There aren't any products on the market that are going to remedy those numbers.

Comment

19 launch with 3k spin with a 7.5* head is indicitve of an Out to In Flip.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X