/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Swing Caddie SC300

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing Caddie SC300

I just ordered one. Any other users out there? Thoughts? Experience? I bit late to be asking since I already ordered it, but any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
    Taylormade RBZ 2.0 2018, 10.5 deg. stiff
    Taylormade Jetspeed 17 Deg 3HL Fairway Wood
    Taylormade Aeorburner 3 Hybrid
    Callaway Apex 19 irons 5-AW with Elevate 95 stiff shafts
    Nike VR Pro wedges 50/54/58 bent to 52/56/60
    Seemore Big FGP putter

My friend has one and I tried it. My opinion is, if you don't do slice and fade then it is a fairly decent gadget to help practice distance control. But if you exhibit strong slice and fade frequently, you are better off fixing that first. The SC300 will project a distance assuming perfect straight shot and will be misleading for these golfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy in Calgary View Post
      I just ordered one. Any other users out there? Thoughts? Experience? I bit late to be asking since I already ordered it, but any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
      great reviews from Wisdom of Golf and Rick Shields....lmk your thoughts...looking at buying one

Comment

Originally posted by Randy in Calgary View Post
        R u getting one from GT in Calgary?

i am undecided about SC200 or SC300? I can probably save $270 on the older model. I know that GT is selling the new model for $700.

Dave

Comment

Anyone out near Pipers with one of these toys (SC300) and can allow me to demo it? Happy to treat you to lunch or dinner at the course as thank you

Comment

TXG is planning a review soon, stay tuned to their youtube channel

Comment

I bought one last winter and haven't had a chance to use it yet. I will as soon as it stops raining!

Comment

Just got one for Father's Day recently...going to take it out before my round tomorrow, will update with thought, if anyone is interested...
                "Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

Comment

Anyone know if the SC300 can be used with the SuperSpeed training sticks ?
                  AFAIK it requires a ball, and havent been able to Google anything this morning stating otherwise
                  Though I have read that the SC200-Plus has a mode that can be used without a ball.
                  WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
                  Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65
                  Titleist TS2 19* hybrid with Evenflow White 90

Titleist 818 H1 21* hybrid with Accra FX300H
                  Titleist 818 H1 23* hybrid with Accra FX300H
                  Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw
                  Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw
                  Cleveland RTX 54* & 58* Mid with Steelfiber i110cw
                  Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

Comment

I have the SC300 and I’m pretty certain it requires a ball, as it formulates much of it’s data based on the first 8-10 feet of the ball’s flight.

That said, my daughter has been able to trigger a response from the machine just by swinging where a ball could be. So maybe it is possible?

Comment

Originally posted by xG35 View Post
                      My opinion is, if you don't do slice and fade then it is a fairly decent gadget to help practice distance control.
                      That eliminate a lot of golfers!

Comment

I posted this about a week ago in the thread about swing analyzers, so will move it here since its more relevant.

I've had the sc300 voice caddie launch monitor for about 2 weeks now, Have used it in 3 range sessions.

Pros
                        - Knowing your yardages is nice
                        - has stats like peak height, launch angle, swing speed, ball speed, smash factor. The swing speed it tells me on my clubs is fairly accurate to what I get on the golftec launch monitor.
                        - Keeps track of your stats for separate clubs, comes with a handy remote.
                        - Keeps track of separate sessions, so if you're working on something at the range one day you can see if it was helping or hurting your numbers.
                        - On Irons down to the 8 i believe it gives back spin info.
                        - Says it will work indoors if you have a big enough room (5 feet behind the ball for the monitor and 6.5 feet of flight in front of it). Works outdoors

Cons
                        - If you're at a public range the ground might not be level enough for the launch monitor to pick up your shots. The set up instructions say an inch of difference between the ground the monitor sits on and your ball sits could lead to it misreading your shot or not picking it up. Maybe I'm not setting the monitor up far enough back yet as I don't have a lot of experience with it.
                        - On my 4 iron I've noticed it tends to ignore shots if they don't launch high enough. so some shots that i've thinned and sent like say 130-150yards but only like 10 feet off the ground get ignored.
                        - No shot shape tracking other then height. So if you're hitting the ball left or right the launch monitor does not provide any data on the reasons why. So no lateral spin data is recorded.
                        - I've noticed on my sub 100 yard wedge shots the numbers are off compared to my laser by quite a bit, but I need more experience with it to truly know if this is the case.
                        - range balls flight might be less then your course ball.

The App.

This could use a lot of work. It can't operate other then in portait so you can't see all your stats at once. you have to scroll through the stats only seeing 2-3 at a time its kind of annoying. It works on an ipad but it just shows a screen the exact same size as an iphone with black borders around it was disappointed with that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1688[1].PNG
Views:	120
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	3207720 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1686[1].PNG
Views:	89
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	3207721

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 179,996   Posts: 1,886,022   Members: 48,501   Active Members: 489
                        Welcome to our newest member, Atc20.
                        Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                        X