Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do wedge shafts make a big difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bl8d
    replied
    I'm of the opinion that your bag contains 4 different sets of tools,woods,irons,wedges,putter, and chances are good they may be from 4 different OEM and 4 different shafts.
    Wedges are are scalpels, not cleavers. Find a wedge flex that gives you the feedback so you get a feel of the force for that distance. You don't want a dead stick in your hand for the most important shots around the green.

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    Originally posted by luvtapar88 View Post
    So i was recently fit for some new Titleist irons, 4-PW.. after my fitting we spoke about a potential for a wedge fitting to match the shafts with my iron shafts, which is something i had never thought of before, i have typically always bought wedges off the rack.
    Has anyone experienced any benefit with being fit for wedges and changing the shafts?
    Wedges typically have heavier and stiffer shafts than your irons, but others including some pros like to match to their iron shafts.
    It comes down to personal feel, so IMO go ahead with a fitting to find out how you would like them to feel to you.

Leave a comment:

• TheSaxemachine
    replied
    I have the same shafts, length progression, lie as in my 52 as in my irons. Essentially it is an 11 iron, and I like the consistent feel. For my lob wedge Iíve stuck with the stock shaft.

Leave a comment:

• luvtapar88
    started a topic Do wedge shafts make a big difference?

Do wedge shafts make a big difference?

So i was recently fit for some new Titleist irons, 4-PW.. after my fitting we spoke about a potential for a wedge fitting to match the shafts with my iron shafts, which is something i had never thought of before, i have typically always bought wedges off the rack.

Has anyone experienced any benefit with being fit for wedges and changing the shafts?

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 171,939   Posts: 1,795,782   Members: 46,888   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, GrayPower.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
X