Collapse

Need help finding left handed arm lock putter

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding left handed arm lock putter

Bettinardi and Odyssey are the only major manufactures that I can find who are marketing arm lock putters. However, they only make them for right handed players. Lefties are left out.

However, I have found one smaller manufacturer who is actually listing left handed arm lock putters, Argogolf, originally from France, but now in the US. They apparently have a distributor here in Canada who is associated with Oakland Golf Club in Niagara Falls. https://www.argolfusa.com/product/arthur-2-0-arm-lock/
    Does anyone here have any insight to their products?

Another option might be SGC Putters out of Truro Nova Scotia. I am not sure if they make a left arm lock model per se, but they are apparently open to custom orders.
    We make milled putters - custom milled putters. High quality putters for all golfers.

Any other suggestions for places to look?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

99% sure the kuchar arm lock #1 comes in left handed and think Ive seen them at golftown too

Last edited by Taylor59; May 17, 2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor59 View Post
      99% sure the kuchar arm lock #1 comes in left handed and think Ive seen them at golftown too

https://picclick.com/Bettinardi-Kuch...858064064.html
      I looked at GT not too long ago for Bettinardi left handed arm lock....nada.

The GT web site has none either.

The Bettinardi web site lists only 3 left handed putters, all regular length.

Any left handed Bettinardi arm lock putters that were listed for sale on Ebay, etc, have been sold.

Odyssey has two models of arm lock putters. GT carries them. Neither the Bettinardi nor the GT web sites include a left handed option.

With the increasing popularity of arm lock putters their rarity is surprising - even for right handed ones.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

They don't post all of their Bettinardi inventory online, would have to go store to store or call around.

Comment

You could always look at building one. I don't see any reason why this can't work?

Let me know if I can help
          Regards
          Dan

True Length Technology TM
          Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
          True Frequency Technology TM
          - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
          - Master
          Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
          - Advanced / Professional
          Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
          - Class 'A'

Comment

Originally posted by TLT Dan View Post
            You could always look at building one. I don't see any reason why this can't work?

Let me know if I can help
            Thanks Dan. That's one of the options that had crossed my mind. Have sent an email to you.

Comment

Head wise I don't believe there is much difference between a standard putter and a longer arm lock.

The lie may need adjusting , but that's no different than any putter off the shelf.

Putters experience the same out of spec conditions as most stock putters.

I see way too many 'toe up' putters on the course.
              Regards
              Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
              - Class 'A'

Comment

Originally posted by TLT Dan View Post
                Head wise I don't believe there is much difference between a standard putter and a longer arm lock.

The lie may need adjusting , but that's no different than any putter off the shelf.

Putters experience the same out of spec conditions as most stock putters.

I see way too many 'toe up' putters on the course.
                armlock heads are different then regular heads. Theyre usually much heavier 400+grams

Comment

Armlock putters have 7* loft. Regular putters usually 3*

The elongated shaft and 7 degrees of loft allow the shaft to rest against the inside of the golfer's left arm without anchoring to the golfer’s body

Comment

Someone here just had SGC Putters build them an armlock I believe....
                    Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                    Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                    Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                    Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
                    Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                    Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                    Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                    Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post

armlock heads are different then regular heads. Theyre usually much heavier 400+grams
                      A few of the putter heads I have access to have weights that can be added, and adjusting loft is something you always have to deal with, so I'm still going with - it should be no problem.

By taking the time to go through a few putter fitting details I feel we have a sound plan . With not many LH options, this still may be the best approach.

Manipulating clubs is what I do, following the OEM norm traditionally doesn't sit well with me. I enjoy challenges. I have successfully built an arm lock putter with traditional components.
                      Regards
                      Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                      - Class 'A'

Comment

Hello fellow lefty, hopefully I can help with some info.

First Argolf putter, I actually have one, the Avalon if you're curious. The quality of these putters are great and for me perform well. Only played the Avalon once but had 3 putts over 10ft sunk and a few more lip outs. It's a performer for me, I'll continue to say this brand needs more attention.

Now for armlock putters, as a lefty you can do your own or buy one with limited options. Argolf has options but their heads are 350g, most say you need 400g+ but that's a general rule of thumb. Bryson DeChambeau's armlock is actually under 400g from what Marc at Sik Golf told me, his shaft is also heavier than normal so that can make up for the difference. Going the Argolf option will be the fastest and easiest but if you don't like the light head it could be deal breaker unless you slap some lead tape on it.

Or you can contact SGC putters and get him to mill you a head to the specs you want/need then install the shaft and cut it to length at a fitter. I'd strongly suggest always finishing your arm lock with a club builder so it's cut and bent to specs.

Next option is do it yourself. You're kinda open to do as you please and it will be much cheaper if you get lucky finding the right head. You'll want a few different types of necks:

* Spud Neck
                        * Plumbers neck or long plumbers neck
                        * Double Bend - You'll be bending the shaft to get the loft on this one.

Reason for these necks is being able to bend the loft and lie to appropriate specs.

Head options to look at:

* Odyssey O-Works Tank either the #7 or #1W - these will be the cheapest by far.
                        * Bettinardi Kuchar - Better quality head, more expensive, harder to find. These are also often bent to spec already even at standard length you'll have to forward press them a ton.

* Anything you prefer if specs are right for the setup.

Then you'll need a ski pole shaft from Golf Works and a 15" putter grip. Find a club builder, get measured, build it and give it a roll.

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
                        3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
                        3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                        Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
                        Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
                        Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
                        TP5X 2024
                        Ghost Katana

Comment

This /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Thanks MattM97

We have walked similar paths on this. Much of the info and thoughts you put forward are very much down the lines of my own research and lines of thought. And I have also been exchanging info with Dan from Dan's Custom Golf Shop especially on sourcing of suitable heads.

I think I mentioned that I have actually built one, albeit a very crude experimental effort, that I have been gaming. There are so many things wrong with it, that at least it has given me some good ideas about what I do need and / or want in an arm lock putter, like length, head weight and grip type.

I have looked at Argo, Sik Golf, Bettinardi and Odyssey, as well as Dechambeau and Kuchar's equipment and specs, and commentary on all of these.

I am actually in the process of putting together a note to Stuart at SGC. His work seems very impressive. He has actually built at least one left handed arm lock putter. One of the questions I will have for him is with respect to options around head weight. The other avenue I wish to pursue with him is how flexible he might be to allow for the purchase of parts from him that can be assembled here with assistance of a local fitter.

I like his custom 902 plumbers neck flatstic…...Isn't this sweet?

One thing I am interested in a larger diameter grip. That will offset the loft needed for the build specs of the club head. Final adjustments may be required to that after assembly depending on the grip used.

I also need to consider weather any counter weight at the grip end may be desirable or warranted.

Thanks so much for the interest and time taken to pull together your post.

I will keep you up to speed on how I make out.

Comment

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. I'll eventually put together an armlock putter for myself.

Stuart seems like a great option cause his heads are always on the heavy side.

Sik Golf is awesome, I'm in talks with them about a lefty putter. The downfall is if you want a blade from them you'll need to pay big bucks because you're basically getting a 1 off putter since they have to design it and you're paying for the CNC time.

But their mallets or when they have the odd double wide blade which Marc still may have 1 head or did when we spoke a few weeks back. They can make a lefty since the shape is symmetrical, they just drill the hole on the other side and put in a double bend.

They're also sending a fitting cart up our way into the GTA somewhere. I have to call him again to see exactly who has the cart so I can get fit. He will have a few LH heads in the fitter bag btw.

But I've sidetracked a bit, best of luck seeing if an armlock putter is for you.
                            Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
                            3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
                            3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                            Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
                            Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
                            Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
                            TP5X 2024
                            Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MattM97 View Post

But I've sidetracked a bit, best of luck seeing if an armlock putter is for you.
                              Thanks. I am already committed, as I have been using one I made, crude as it is. I have felt no urge to go back to my regular putters.

From the time I started using the AL it felt so natural - like where has this been all this time?

I am really surprised that people are not gravitating to these more readily, especially with their popularity on the pro tour rising as it is. (lack of availability might be part of it). But it is also a huge commitment. There really is to way to "test run" these and it is not like another club that you can carry and take out occasionally if the conditions are just right.

I am not sure I would be as adamant as I am, had I not put my own together for testing purposes.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X