X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigTut
    replied
    Originally posted by soccerguy1961 View Post
    Titleist has free fittings on Thursdays at various places.
    Limited selection of shaft options at Titleist Thursdays. Its a decent starting point, but don't expect the same level of fitting that you would get at Eagles Nest - but its free.

If you keep your eyes open you're always going to find a good deal on Wilson. GT had the C300 irons on a Daily Deal last week for $350 and were selling the C300 Forged early in the year for $500.

Leave a comment:

• TLT Dan
    replied
    My True Length Technology fitting will do several things better than other fittings.

1 - TLT will get you standing athletic- and keep you there - with every club. Tall players - no more squatting- small players - no more gripping down
    2 - TLT will tie you lengths and lie angles in together resulting in unparalleled accuracy.
    3 - By matching these 2 you now gain the ability to develop a very repeatable swing and swing plane.
    4 - The game just got easier.

The fit is extremely important when trying to improve your game.

Club head style is also quite important as you need to like what you are looking at. Playability of these heads should also be important to match the players ability- which combined with TLT will produce an improved game.

So both you and your buddies would see improvement with game improvement clubs, providing the fit is done right.

All of you would benefit from most game improvement heads as the fit combined with heads that resist twisting (high MOI), have a lower COG (ability to get under the ball with greater ease).

A proper fitting will allow the blades to play with improvement, but not to the same extent as a forgiving head.
    Last edited by TLT Dan; May 30, 2019, 08:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• soccerguy1961
    replied
    Titleist has free fittings on Thursdays at various places.

Leave a comment:

• Section ThirtyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
    One day I'll get fitted, but right now it is in my head the additional cost. Neighbour (very good golfer) got a Titleist fitting & was ready to pull the trigger on $2,500-$3,000. Then he is talked into PXG fitting and now close to $5,000!!!!

Played with my new ones Monday and seemed okay. Off the tee I was comfortable, but need to concentrate from the fairway and the GW is much different from my current (thinner soles) Speedblades.
    You don't have to spend a zillion dollars to get fitted, a good fitter will ask you up front for your budget and work with that (within reason) .

Leave a comment:

• golfingtime
    replied
    One day I'll get fitted, but right now it is in my head the additional cost. Neighbour (very good golfer) got a Titleist fitting & was ready to pull the trigger on $2,500-$3,000. Then he is talked into PXG fitting and now close to $5,000!!!!

Played with my new ones Monday and seemed okay. Off the tee I was comfortable, but need to concentrate from the fairway and the GW is much different from my current (thinner soles) Speedblades.

Leave a comment:

• hammy1983
    replied
    Glad it seems to have worked out for you. I have bought all my irons the same way, if they are a great deal and I hit them well. After my RSI1's though... I will get fitted for my next set. At first they work well. Now the lack of feeling, length and lie all make me feel uncomfortable. Then all the questions come into my head. They way i figure it, I might as well remove the fit part of the questioning, then I know its just me (which it probably is this time too)

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
    Wilson Staff D300..... Excited to try them on course. $1000 down to $400.

Save money too not feeding Callaway, Ping, Taylormade......
    That's a good price, great set of irons, if your hitting them high and straight thats half the battle, enjoy !!

Leave a comment:

• Pingnut
    replied
    Longer and easier to hit is always a good thing!

Leave a comment:

• golfingtime
    replied
    Wilson Staff D300..... Excited to try them on course. $1000 down to $400.

Save money too not feeding Callaway, Ping, Taylormade......
    Last edited by golfingtime; May 27, 2019, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pingnut
    replied
    Just more forgiveness.. lots of tour players also play irons in the mid-high handicap range. What irons did you pick up?

Leave a comment:

• golfingtime
    started a topic Impulse buy Irons

Impulse buy Irons

Just walked into Golftown and as always go to the clearance to see what there is. Well 60% off catches my eye and grab a 5 iron and off to the simulator. 15 shots later, all nicely in the air, straight(ish) and a few 8-15 yards longer and I grab them.

A review says 2017/18 Irons, that are highly rated and are long. Ticks all the boxes until it says Mid-High HC'er.

This I never understand. Sure I get that blades are for the low hc'er and someone who knows, understands and can work the ball (i.e. scratch). I'm your short hitting 14 who is happy to get 80-90% in the air and towards the hole.

Frankly the majority who I play with are the same. The 5's I play with have some control very few "bad" shots, and better around the green, but heck to the naked eye I don't see a whole lot of difference.

So the question is if they were properly fitted for a set of irons with the same Mid-High HC heads I have, would a good golfer see any difference? Would I see a difference playing with a Low-Mid HC Iron?

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X