/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Can someone explain the Scotty Cameron thing to me?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

There is a TGN member who tells a true, and very amusing story about Lee Trevino coveting his putter.
    You were secretive about that not too successful pro golfer, will the secret society continue here as well, or will we get to know who, or maybe it's a contest..
    plus a change, plus c'est la mme chose

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

You were secretive about that not too successful pro golfer, will the secret society continue here as well, or will we get to know who, or maybe it's a contest..
      'JNJ37'. Played a number of rounds with the Merry Mex. And has some outstanding stories to tell.
      But then he is a highly respected story teller.

Comment

Originally posted by rpangman View Post
        I have had a TNT(Torcas and Torcas) putter for about 27 years. Original grip and all. Wouldn't trade it for any amount of $$$.
        Just for the record,TNT was named after Tom and Nick Torkos,who also owned Nobleton Lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

You have the advantage of not only being a good golfer but also from the knowledge of the actual sales side, albeit from one that just happens to be the biggest golf outlet in Canada. The Evnroll like the YES "C" groove before it, definitely has something different at least in putter face technology to offer.
          As I am sure you know Jim Furyk bought a used "C" Grove, YES Sophia putter, by chance apparently for the final round and won the 2010 Tour Championship and of course the FEDEX CUP. I think after that a few tour players then gave the YES design a chance but the only guy I see recently with one is Troy Merrit who won an event last year with a "Mollie".
          So it raised the question in my mind, whether the Evnroll is making any inroads into the market place; or is it just a few who know their stuff and obviously must have done some serious trials before spending the I assume the equivalent of having a Scottie in the bag, for a relatively unknown putter?
          The Evnrolls do roll the ball better, at least for me. I've made more putts in the last month than I have for the last two years. They sell moderately well, like Camerons.
          King Cobra F9 10.5* Tour, VA Composites Raijin 44 A
          Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R
          Cobra F8 5 wood 17.5*, Tensei Blue A
          Mizuno CLK 22*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
          Yonex Super Renkin Tour 5-pw, stock S graphite
          Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 54.5*, CFS Wedge Flex
          Ping Eye 2+, 57.5*, KT S
          Super Stroke Midsize Grips, Red

Ping Pal TR, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

I have a Scotty studio stainless Newport that I bought for $100 from a member here. It has a new nicks and dings on it but it has been the best putter for me. I really like the feel of it versus the other putters I own.
            In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
            Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
            Titleist 910 F2 19*
            Titleist 913H 24*
            Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
            Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
            Vokey SM6 58*
            SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

I'm not much of a Scotty fan due to his lack of lefty love. But if I'm at a store and by chance they have a Newport 2 I'll putt with it cause why not right? I'll putt with it and any other lefty blades which isn't often much but just looking at the putter in hand and at address it does feel really nice and look great too, can't deny that.

I think this is a huge part of the Scotty allure, like if you sit in a nice car at a dealership, you kinda day dream for a moment going on a nice drive but with the Scotty you're dreaming about knocking down 30ft putts like you see guys on tour.

Will that Scotty perform better than the Ping, Odyssey, TaylorMade or anything else you tried? Maybe, maybe not but if you have the confidence behind it or have your heart set on it nothing will change your mind.

This also works for any other putter, my friend had his heart set on a TM Spider, nothing else was going to make it close to his bag.
              In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S - 9 Draw
              Cobra King F7 - Tensei Blue 65 - S Flex - 15.5D
              Ping G410 - Alta CB 70R - 19
              Srixon Z585/785 - AMT Tour White S300
              MD3 51 - Glide Stealth 2.0 56 - Glide 60
              Edel E3 - Miura KM-006LH - Toulon SanDiego - & more
              TP5-X
              Ping Pioneer

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post

Just for the record,TNT was named after Tom and Nick Torkos,who also owned Nobleton Lakes.
                Didn't know that, (edit) that they owned Nobleton Lakes. Still play a TNT 'rescue iron'.

Their company still exists in the Leaside area, and I believe that they also bought the rights to the Jazz name.

http://tntgolf.com/
                Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Jul 10, 2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Didn't know that.
                  Their company still exists in the Leaside area, and I believe that they also bought the rights to the Jazz name.
                  http://tntgolf.com/
                  As far as I know Nick is still listed as an owner at Nobleton Lakes and also Innisfil Creek. General Manager's Message

Thank you for visiting Innisfil Creek Golf Club website. I am excited about the up and coming 2019 season. Our family is proudly celebrating its 15th year season as owners and operators. We have several programs that appeal to all levels of golfers. I invite you to browse our programs and check out our golf calendar. Cheers, Nick Torkos

They are still listed as co-owners of TNT as well as I believe some other family members. TNT also say they are the sole Canadian distributor for CallawayTag products, Izzo products, and the Bionic Glove.
                  plus a change, plus c'est la mme chose

Comment

Originally posted by HERBI J View Post
                    Got in on the hype till I bought a Newport 2 ruined my putting could not get use to the weight Way too heavy but it looks amazing I just cant putt with the dam thing or sell its so nice too have as a art piece I guess
                    Looking to sell by chance? lol

Comment

Im a Scotty collector. I have 5 Scotty putters, including a $3000 tour putter and about 60 headcovers. Do I putt better with a Scotty? Im not sure that I do, but I like to. Im a fan of the craft. My tour putter is hand-stamped instead of machine engraved. I like the art of it all. Am I a little crazy? Possibly. We all have things we spend our extra money on. This just happens to be mine. Like cars or watches or shoes. Its all the same.

Comment

I have a Scotty Newport 2in the home bag and I am consistent with it. It has a stainless face and I noticed this year that some hits are really dead. A few years ago I threw a MidSlim grip on it which I like.

I have been switching to heavier shafted irons and was looking at weights for the Scotty. Currently, Ithinkithas 15 gm front and rear, was going to order 25s to balance the grip, see how that works.

At the cabin, I have a similar shaped, Anser based design, Kevin Burns with several layers of lead tape on the bottom. It was my gamer until I got the Scotty. Really nice brass head and soft. Works well for mountain greens (tend to be a snick slower than in town).
                        Callaway Epic SZ, Evenflow 65gm Reg, 45"
                        Callaway Rogue 13*, Evenflow 75 gm reg flex
                        Callaway Rogue 15*, Evenflow 75 gm, reg flex
                        Callaway Rogue 21* Hybrid, Aldila Rogue Black 85 gm
                        TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
                        Titleist Vokey 52*/8 and 58*/8 SM6 wedges
                        Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”

Comment

I have a Scotty Newport 2... I bought it used off the Ottawa forum about 5 years ago for $150.00. I was suspicious and took it to Golf Town to see if it was real, he said it was but who knows. I am used to it and I putt well with it. I came from a YES Natalie putter before which I really liked. Not sure i could go back now. The silver head cover that came with the club fell off practically every rd and I would have to back track a hole to find it until finally I lost it for good at Cherry Downs. Purchased a cheap $10 gecko cover off Amazon and has never fallen off once.
                          Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Just replaced my Scotty GoLo5r with a TM Mullen 2 with the Black/Copper finish and my putting has improved.
                            Driver - Cobra F7
                            Fwy Metals - TM M2 3+5
                            Hybrids - TM SLDR 4+5
                            Irons - TM M4 6-AW
                            Wedges - King Cobra 54+58
                            Putter - Scotty GoLo5r

PAEUNGOO NAEMSAE

Comment

Last week I was in the Play it Again Sports in Milton to pick up a TM Speedblade sw. Having trouble with traditional Vokeys and Clevelands. On the way out I notice a putter with a Scotty headcover. I pull it off and voila, an Oil Can Newport. Zero dings but looking brown the way it was meant to. Knowing the headcover is probably worth $50, I grabbed the club at $80! Bought new Flatso 1.0 grip from Larry, a kijiji grip guy, for $15. It's in my bag and I've drained several long ones the last two rounds. I also bought a new Scotty grip for $20 in case I ever sell it. But unlikely as it feels terrific. Yes I've had a couple of Scotty's before, but this time I'm a convert! And didn't break the bank to do it.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,902   Posts: 1,844,980   Members: 47,504   Active Members: 266
                              Welcome to our newest member, clancy2119.
                              Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X