Collapse

Buying new irons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying new irons

I'm happy with my new Maxfli irons.... One day I'll be able to afford $800 on irons. Someday.
    Tour Edge Exotics w/Accra T60 M4
    Cleveland Launcher Ti 3W w/Accra HF

TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19* w/UST IRod

Nakashima NP-1 w/Project X

Titliest
    Spin Mill 56* & 60* w/Rifle Spinners
    Yes! Tracy Goosen Edition
    Maxfli Rev Tour

Comment

Originally posted by DubRepublic
      I'm happy with my new Maxfli irons.... One day I'll be able to afford $800 on irons. Someday.
      Did I say I can afford those clubs I bought?

Comment

westbeach is selling his rac tps...get those ones. if i had the dough I probably would have

Comment

Originally posted by mikep
          Yaa, another TM rac... I was getting lonely with all the Mizunos around this site.
          I love the rac irons, it was a toss up between the HTs and the OSs for me. Just liked the HTs a little bit better. Now, TM hybrids, fairway woods and drivers? That's a whole other unhappy story. I can't hit them for s***!!!

Comment

I recently bought callaway x18's to replace my mizuno's thinking new technology will improve me. I am now back to playing my zuno's. The feel is just too good. The callaway's were very soft and a little more forgiving, however feedback was not great, everything felt like soft fluffy marshmallo's.

I would go with the mx17's, or as some have said the cally's. Although I prefer the zuno's for someone new the callys would be forgiving, at this stage you don't need the feedback, and they definitely hold value. Shark
            PING CAMO BAG...
            WEAPONS...
            SRIXON ZX5 10.5
            3W TM M2
            HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
            5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
            LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
            3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I went to GT today and I tested out a bunch of clubs. I tried the X-16 & X-18, TA7, RAS OS, i3, Slingshot, MX-17. I didn't like the grip on the X-16 and TA7 and it just didn't feel right. The i3 didn't feel right either, I didn't like the look of the Slightshot but they did preform good. It came down to the RAC OS, X-18, and the MX-17. I looked all three but overall I liked the MX-17 the best, I like the grip, I like what I'm looking at, and I felt at home swinging it. Best of all they are $200 cheaper then the Cally and TM.

I am the proud new owner of a set of Mizuno MX-17. Now I need to get out there and test them out.
              Marc

In the Ogio Vaporlite Bag...
              - TaylorMade R9 460 Driver
              - Cobra Baffler 3/R Hybrid
              - Mizuno MX-17 Irons (3I-PW)
              - Mizuno MP-T 52 / 56 / 60
              - Ping IWI Anser Putter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
              X