Collapse

Golf Bag Recommendations

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Bag Recommendations

It's time to change my bag, I have an 5-year-old Ping, but the colour (black) is fading, so it looks bad.

I either ride or use a remote-controlled trolley. Looking for lots of pockets and a "lighter" weight

What are you guys using / suggesting
    To golf, or not to golf? What a stupid question!

Take a look at patrickgibbonshandmade.com and ufotourgolf.com both are friends; and make nice bags and you can customize it, make it yours.

Comment

I'm partial to bags which have 14 way dividers...my current bag is Sun Mountain 4.5 stand bag which is not too small and not too big. Just right!

Comment

Sun Mountain C130S for me. Cart bag with a stand so it's great for the range as well.
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

When you say lighter, do you mean lighter than a Hoofer or lighter than a Pioneer/Traverse. Tough to beat the Ping cart bags, they usually take top honours in the MGS ratings. Sun Mountain cart bags are nice but not any lighter. Cobra makes a nice lightweight cart bag if you don't mind displaying the Cobra name.

Comment

I like my Ogio Grom bag. Good for riding, on a pull cart, and walking. Maybe not the best for any one of those but suits all three well. Has the 14 way divider, pretty light, lots of pockets, handy spring loaded closure for where I keep the balls.
            We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
            Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
            Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
            Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
            Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
            Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
            Srixon Star XV
            Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I have a Sun Mountain bag which is still in great condition after 3 years. Was recommended here and I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Picked up a Sun Mountain C130 this year. Not the cheapest bag out there. Waited for 20% off at GT
                But light. Lots of storage. Seems very well made. Hoping to have this for a long time
                I would buy another one 10 years from now if I needed one ( hoping this is still more than functional then and me too !)

Comment

I picked up a Tour Trek golf bag I think off this site for $80. brand new someone won in a Tournament. Perfect for my E-wheels...no legs and tons of compartments plus a cooler section...Ind slots for clubs and a slot outside the bag for a putter. Best $80 I spent on golf equipment. My bag before was a $260 tailor made with legs but the design was very square and would not stay supported on the ewheels or an push cart without falling to the side.
                  My only complaint with a bag like this is going to the range as it will not stand up on its own.
                  Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Originally posted by TeetoGrnr View Post
                    I'm partial to bags which have 14 way dividers...my current bag is Sun Mountain 4.5 stand bag which is not too small and not too big. Just right!
                    I like them too but no room for my ball retriever - most effective tool I have - if I carry 14 clubs.

I am looking for a light bag. I don't carry but picking it up numerous times makes me want the lightness.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

I like them too but no room for my ball retriever - most effective tool I have - if I carry 14 clubs.

I am looking for a light bag. I don't carry but picking it up numerous times makes me want the lightness.
                      I love the 14 slot bags as well and my TaylorMade cart bag def can accommodate extra clubs or ball retrievers...some of the compartments are big enough for multiple clubs, just the middle slots are kinda tight. If you ever lost a club on the course you will appreciate this type of bag...it really makes it hard to not notice a club is missing plus it somewhat minimizes the clanking around and dinging up of ur clubs.

Comment

The Ping 14 way carry bag has an issue with clubs sticking, because I think the sleeves don't go all the way down. I understand the Ping 14 way cart bag has full length sleeves. Just a heads up.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X