/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Where does everyone get their clubmaking supplies?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does everyone get their clubmaking supplies?

Looking to build a rough set up for changing grips and I'm wondering where the DIYers go for supplies and grips. Checked out Golfworks and the grips are the same price as golftown, plus there is no free shipping. Thanks.
    TS4 w/ EvenFlow White
    M1 w/ Diamana Thump
    GAPR
    Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
    Vokey 46°
    Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
    Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

Grips, just wait for sales and close outs as I'm not particular. For basic set up, just a vice and the rubber shaft holder with the metal sides works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
      Grips, just wait for sales and close outs as I'm not particular. For basic set up, just a vice and the rubber shaft holder with the metal sides works fine.
      Bought the kit at Golftown don’t see it there anymore but saw kits on Amazon think it comes with grip tape ,solvent & rubber shaft holder

Comment

Originally posted by HERBI J View Post

Bought the kit at Golftown don’t see it there anymore but saw kits on Amazon think it comes with grip tape ,solvent & rubber shaft holder
        Torch is also handy for removing tape vs. a scraper. I just use varsol rather than solvent, cheap and easier to pick up. Could use soapy water if you're fast enough and don't want to spend money.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
          Looking to build a rough set up for changing grips and I'm wondering where the DIYers go for supplies and grips. Checked out Golfworks and the grips are the same price as golftown, plus there is no free shipping. Thanks.
          these guys carry everything a DIY would need
          https://www.valuegolf.com/standard-golf-grips
          Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ Project X Handcrafted LZ50
          Cal Steelhead 3,5,7 RCH99firm
          Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
          Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
          Cleve 57 s300
          Nike Method

Comment

You won't beat the Golftown deal in the winter. YOU MAY FIND SOME GOOD DEALS FOR GRIPS ON EBAY BUT YOU RISK FAKES OR OLD .. (Oops excuse the caps) hardened grips. I have had good success on Ebay for Golfpride corded, but it's more you want to DIY your own grips than any value proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

You won't beat the Golftown deal in the winter. YOU MAY FIND SOME GOOD DEALS FOR GRIPS ON EBAY BUT YOU RISK FAKES OR OLD .. (Oops excuse the caps) hardened grips. I have had good success on Ebay for Golfpride corded, but it's more you want to DIY your own grips than any value proposition.
              THANKS BUDDY
              TS4 w/ EvenFlow White
              M1 w/ Diamana Thump
              GAPR
              Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
              Vokey 46°
              Hi-Toe 52° & 58°

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Torch is also handy for removing tape vs. a scraper. I just use varsol rather than solvent, cheap and easier to pick up. Could use soapy water if you're fast enough and don't want to spend money.
                Do you use a torch on graphite?
                TS4 w/ EvenFlow White
                M1 w/ Diamana Thump
                GAPR
                Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
                Vokey 46°
                Hi-Toe 52° & 58°

Comment

Found a decent deal on some SuperStrokes at Golfworks and picked up some basic tools. Already have a bench and vise so not much more to go to get set up. It will probably be a while until I realize any real cost savings, but looking forward to just doing it myself and not feeling gouged at $3x15 every time at golftown.
                  TS4 w/ EvenFlow White
                  M1 w/ Diamana Thump
                  GAPR
                  Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
                  Vokey 46°
                  Hi-Toe 52° & 58°

Comment

Re: golfworks. Just wait till a holiday, as they usually offer a free shipping promo. They have all the tools and supplies you'll need. As for grips, as stated, wait for the 40% off Golftown deal in the winter.

Comment

Do you use a torch on graphite?
                      you can, but an electric heat gun is the best method. In either method you're passing the heat from 3'' height over the tape for 10 seconds.
                      In a pinch a hair drier held at 1" height , on the high heat setting, will also work.
                      I'd refrain from using varsol and a tape scraper because it softens the glue on the tape and makes it messy to remove on graphite and. you then have to wipe the varsol off the shaft very thoroughly or the new layer of tape will lift.
                      Things change.

Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                      Cleve 57 s300
                      Nike Method

Comment

Amazon for tape or tape strips. Also there for Karma grips. Kijiji for more quality grips, mostly new. Paint thinner from Crappy Tire. Golf grip remover bought from Golftown. Extensions from Ebay. Or use old clubs and cut with a pipe cutter. That's about it.

Comment

Found a decent deal on some SuperStrokes at Golfworks and picked up some basic tools. Already have a bench and vise so not much more to go to get set up. It will probably be a while until I realize any real cost savings, but looking forward to just doing it myself and not feeling gouged at $3x15 every time at golftown.
                          GT doesn't gouge on the grip installation considering the cost of tape,solvent and most important the requisite labour time.
                          If they want to be smart they should,forego their annual grip sale and include the FREE installation with the regular grip price.

gouging, IMHO, is buying your coffee at Starbucks.
                          Things change.

Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                          Cleve 57 s300
                          Nike Method

Comment

$3 is actually extremely reasonable when you think about the time and effort involved.

Golftown actually increased their "customer provided grips" to $5 recently.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,905   Posts: 1,844,987   Members: 47,504   Active Members: 266
                            Welcome to our newest member, clancy2119.
                            Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                            X