Collapse

Winter golf gloves

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter golf gloves

Many years ago at Whitevale I purchased a pair of (edit) 'Rampion' winter gloves. Leather palms and fingers with a wool like back. Love(d) them. Warm and comfortable. Unfortunately I lost one after a round last year.

Tried to replace them, but could not find similar gloves. Purchased some (edit) Snake Eyes and ARC allegedly winter gloves and to put it bluntly they are/were awful in comparison. No warmth.
    Resorted to wearing gloves made for outdoor work.

Can anyone recommend a good set of winter golf gloves?

Brand name, pricing and availability (in store/online/etc) would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Nov 1, 2019, 04:52 PM.

Cant help with winter gloves....if it gets cold enough i just wear my snowmobile mitts which go on and off quick and easily so just flip off onto the fw or green...takes a sec to put on.....if its really cold, also use hand-warmers in them but thats rare, although could be in play on Sunday.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I believe that Mizuno used to make some "winter" gloves? As above, I use mitts that are easy on/off with handwarmers inside.

Comment

Quite apart from what you might find at a regular golf store.....you could look at cycling or cross country ski gloves.

These could range from light cool weather gloves to heavy duty, dead of winter wear.

Some great makes include PearIzumi and Louis Garneau.

Some come with leather or vinyl palms - or flip "full mitten" covers if that is what you like.

Good place to look is MEC

https://garneau.com/us_en/men/apparel/gloves

https://www.pearlizumi.com/US/en/Gloves

https://www.mec.ca/en/products/clothing/clothing-accessories/gloves-and-mittens/c/987?page=2

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Do EXACTLY same here
          Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          Cant help with winter gloves....if it gets cold enough i just wear my snowmobile mitts which go on and off quick and easily so just flip off onto the fw or green...takes a sec to put on.....if its really cold, also use hand-warmers I use ZIPPOs, what do u use ? in them but thats rare, although could be in play on Sunday.

Comment

I've been using Zero Restriction Storm All-Weather gloves when it gets below 10C. Got them at SportChek.
            Decent price and they seem pretty durable.

Comment

I have some footjoy gloves I’ve had for awhile that I quite like
              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rombo View Post
                I've been using Zero Restriction Storm All-Weather gloves when it gets below 10C. Got them at SportChek.
                Decent price and they seem pretty durable.
                Not familiar with that particular glove, but have often shopped at SportChek for sports gloves, they usually carry a great selection.

I believe I have also seen Rampion brand there at sometime. I have even used some Rawlings batters gloves for the cold and they worked OK for me, obviously lose some feel but got me around.
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

If you need winter golf gloves....it’s ski season....
                  Ping G430 9*, Ping Tour Chrome 65g Reg flex
                  Ping G430 Max 3w and 5w, 75g Ping Tour Chrome Reg flex
                  Ping G430 Max 22* Hybrid 85g Ping tour Max Reg flex
                  TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
                  Ping Glide 54/12 and 58/08 wedges
                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”​

Comment

I use a pair of "Pro Staff" gloves that I really like -- they are noticeably warmer than either pair (UA and TM) rain gloves I have

I have a pair of TM mitts, but they are too cumbersome
                    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X